Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 141

Author Topic: Elona: Roguelike.  (Read 484098 times)

Sunstrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona Roguelike
« Reply #180 on: June 22, 2008, 08:10:19 pm »

NEVER do the quest given to you by the Red Bomber in Derphy, it costs you 12000 gold to get a bomb which you set off for a 100 Karma drop, and the quest reward is terrible.

Plus I should note that the bomb is extremely heavy. (About 120 weight.)

On the topic of heaviness. Where can I find a trainer for weightlifting?

I believe you can train that skill in Yowyn.

Grantyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2008, 07:01:30 am »

What are the ballot/poll boxes and the town position signs for?

Sunstrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2008, 07:10:50 am »

As best as I can determine, they aren't implemented yet -- or they are not active in the English version.

I assume that when the network capability is fully implemented and enable, players will be able to submit themselves as nominees for the town positions and then get elected to certain roles.

Rabek Jeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2008, 01:23:18 pm »

Version 1.10(beta) and 1.11(alpha) releases are out, now. Apparently, a lot of major changes that haven't been totally tested, yet.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2008, 08:10:20 pm »

Wow, I totally forgot about this game.  Stupid short attention span.  I should check out the new updates...

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2008, 05:02:02 am »

Here are words of the developer (Noa a.k.a. rfish) from the game's forum:

You can use runes or monngates to visit user created maps if the network setting is on. In japanese version, you were able to chat and vote in-game and were able to see other people's wishs and dying messages which was really funny but it has been disabled since (prolly) the ISP I'm using no longer allows me to use the server for this game :<

Leerok the Lacerta

• Bay Watcher
  • Linuxer
    • View Profile
    • The Online Journal of Leerok the Lacerta
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2008, 06:55:25 am »

I've been playing this game for a while after I saw the topic here, and I find the game quite fun.

I rather like the skill system, especially the fact that using a skill makes it better. While developing cooking skill, my style of play changed accordingly. At first, I would only buy the traveler's food cargo. After getting the cooking skill and developing it, I started buying up all the food at every stop I make, cooking all raw ingredients I could find. I actually avoid the traveler food cargo.

After many runs between Noyel and the other locations, I accumulated enough to purchase a museum. I could only get it to rank 80 thus far, but I found it quite funny that I had a few unique figures, due to my possession of an artefact that attracted very tough monsters. It had resisted being identified until I noticed that the batch identify always seemed to be one less than the total number of previously unidentified objects. When I discovered the specific object, I sold it in Derphy. Unfortunately, the effect was still active, so Derphy was shortly overrun by deadly creatures. Only the barkeep could defeat these creatures.

I also discovered alien impregnation. I've been wandering around, giving birth to a large number of aliens in various locales. I've even infected the general in Palma. I've been having a smashing time getting people pregnant, but it seems that pregnancy is not only contagious, but also permanent, regardless of gender! How do I abort the bloody thing?

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2008, 03:44:25 pm »

Haha, you got Derphy attacked? That's awesome! And... alien... impregnation? You became and alien and started knocking people up?

This is easily the strangest game I've ever played. It's like Earthbound as a Roguelike, which is awesome.

Darki

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2008, 04:20:53 pm »

you can kill your unborn alien child with poison, drink a potion of dye or poison yourself in some other way and it will be gone

Shador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 03, 2008, 08:24:52 pm »

A while back, my fairy wizard lucked out and got a wish, so I opted for a vindale cloak. (Fortunately, it was light enough to wear.)
Just now, I was near Palmia when the ether wind started up. I figure I'm safe since I'm wearing a vindale cloak, so I start idly strolling around town, waiting for the populace to start growing extra heads.
Then my feet suddenly turned into hooves.
I guess vindale cloaks are more of a "resistance" than an "immunity", or something.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2008, 12:51:53 am »

My new character, a warrior, got a mutation from sleeping: legs are twisted, speed-5. One cruel game. Anyone know a good way to cure mutation? I can't find any potions.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2008, 07:39:56 am »

Potions of cure corruption. They cost somewhere around 3000-4000 and are rare as scrolls of uncurse.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2008, 02:11:58 pm »

Ironically I've found several scrolls of uncurse, and avoided every single curse dream that I got. The great mighty RNG is still going strong, I see...

Flame11235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2008, 02:19:46 pm »

You get three scrolls of uncurse in the tutorial if you don't use them on the bow. And an identify.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 05, 2008, 03:29:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
One risky way of curing mutations is paradoxically getting more mutations. For any mutation there is always a directly opposite. So just drinking from wells/fountains will eventually give you a state with only positive ones. Eventually...
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 141