Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 141

Author Topic: Elona: Roguelike.  (Read 484092 times)

Darki

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Elona Roguelike
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2008, 10:57:00 am »

quote:
1) How to find treasure by the map? I got it from Palma king, then i found neccessary place on the world map, entered location but it's nothing special here. Please help!

On the worldmap press "D" for dig and "space" for the place you are standing, if you are standing on the right place you find your treasure

quote:
So, whats the best way to make money? I'm currently running quests for it, but the amount I have to spend on identifying scrolls and spellbooks is insane.
try this thread

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2008, 02:35:00 pm »

quote:
- Better tools give you better results for your skills. Better beds give you better dreams if you sleep in them.

I guess that's the answer of the whole "better bed=better dreams" debate.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Jusal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2008, 03:15:00 pm »

After reading through this thread I'll simply have to try this thing out. Seems like an enjoyably absurd game.

Meanwhile my dwarven pianist (Urist, obviously) turned out looking rather... creepy.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2008, 03:40:00 pm »

3) How to get coins for Miral and Garok's workshop?
I am pretty sure that you mean "small coins" that are "medals" when in your inventory (translation bug?). Those are consistently found by searching everywhere in cities and noticing messages about "sense" and "shines". If I am not mistaken - it is an extremely player and in-game time consuming but sure and safe way to get quite powerful random items.

Edit: apparently this new board uses more symbols as markup ones.
Edit2: And quoting breaks on the first edit.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 09:10:49 am by Another »

Crnobog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2008, 03:56:00 pm »

I found another potential use for the monster cards other than putting them in a museum to generate income. I bought 'a deck' in a general store and using cards in your inventory apparently puts them in the deck. Then, if you use it you open a menu for arranging cards for some kind of collectible card game.

The stats on the cards are hp, atk and domain, though out of the five different monsters I got three are 'unavailable in this version', so probably the game itself isn't implemented yet.

[ June 14, 2008: Message edited by: Crnobog ]

Darki

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »

even with my +50 cards it wont work  :(

right now im trying to find some good new pets to catch, without luck so far..

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2008, 05:37:40 pm »

You pick up a bottle of milk of little girl.

That is just the right balance of hilarious, wrong, and awesome.

The wiki is filling out nicely, by the way.  I've contributed a bit whenever I found myself capable.  And a new version is out with a lot more translated.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2008, 06:15:54 pm »

I've not had a chance to play the latest version lately, and see how much more's translated, but i'll do so soon™.

I found myself in the previous version, struggling to balance missions for platinum so i could fund my training, dungeon crawls to keep my rank high and arena battles to keep a decent rank there, too, so that the income i got from my ratings outweighed the tax i paid.

That however, is my own fault, as i kept looking for new and exciting dungeons to raid, hoping for artifacts, when i should have been running missions.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2008, 07:16:42 pm »

Haven't had much chance to play either, which is depressing because I really wanted to contribute to the wiki and such.

You pick up a bottle of milk of little girl.
That is just the right balance of hilarious, wrong, and awesome.

I laughed so hard that tears were coming from my eyes, and then I felt bad about it. Then I laughed some more.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 17, 2008, 11:06:36 pm »

I just got a kitty bank with 500,000 gold in it. Yes. 500,000. I feel like a god of luck.

That, and after finding the treasure with the map, I found this:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:21:35 pm by Torak »
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2008, 03:12:40 am »

New version (1.07) out. More translated, less bugs.

Darki

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2008, 06:50:56 am »

me too me too, look at my new main weapon:  :D

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2008, 08:51:58 am »

I wish I could find a good wakizashi for my guy, but all I manage to find anymore are crappy longswords or knives.

The two Wakizashi I have cost me an arm and a leg, but they dish out the damage pretty well. (One is 4d5+7x1.4 with 70% hit, the other is 4d4+1x1.4 with 38% hit chance.)

Basically, I've got a 100% chance to do atleast 7 damage each round.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2008, 10:43:01 am »

Whoa...  where did you guys find those weapons?  Every treasure map I've gotten has given me cursed weapons. :(

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2008, 10:55:10 pm »

I just got this for 65 small coins.

I dont suggest ever trying to find all the coins in the game, they all have set places in the cities, but they're a bitch to find. It took me maybe three hours to find 65, and the game suggests there is atleast 85 to find (the next item up was 85, the highest cost).

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 141