Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Something I'm glad for  (Read 932 times)

EternalFrustration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Something I'm glad for
« on: November 07, 2008, 01:13:34 pm »

Dwarves evidently don't need to go to the bathroom. Because you know they have to potty at the worst time, in the worst place possible...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Something I'm glad for
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 01:21:09 pm »

ya know if they did, it'd give that 'cleaning' job a little more importance.

NCarter

• Bay Watcher
  • Hauling body parts
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nether.org.uk/
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 01:26:20 pm »

Funny, I was just thinking yesterday that Dwarf Fortress is severely lacking in this respect.  Come on, Toady, we want to be obliged to dig hundreds of miles of sewers to pump away the effluent before it fills the fortress to the brim.

Also, goblins + raw sewage.

cbfog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 02:42:49 pm »

It will never happen because dwarves are 100% efficient at processing nutrition so no waste is generated. This is how a single farm plot the size of a small room can support 50 dwarves or more.

peekama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 03:25:47 pm »

It will never happen because dwarves are 100% efficient at processing nutrition so no waste is generated. This is how a single farm plot the size of a small room can support 50 dwarves or more.

Not quite.  Dwarves actually do go to the bathroom, frequently too.

Haven't you guys ever wondered where all of that "rock" lying about in your fortress came from?
It'd be cool if unicorn refuse gives off rainbow miasma.
It should totally bleed the laughter of children, too.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 03:47:00 pm »

Not quite.  Dwarves actually do go to the bathroom, frequently too.

Haven't you guys ever wondered where all of that "rock" lying about in your fortress came from?

what?! i built my tables... and my chairs... and my wells outta that stuff! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 05:32:17 pm »

Funny, I was just thinking yesterday that Dwarf Fortress is severely lacking in this respect.  Come on, Toady, we want to be obliged to dig hundreds of miles of sewers to pump away the effluent before it fills the fortress to the brim.

Also, goblins + raw sewage.

This is Dwarf Fortress, and not the Sims.  ;D
Besides, just station some dwarves in a room, lock the door, and flood the room. Voila, you have a bathroom. Hell you can even store soap in the same room... ;D