Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Evolution Lite: "Angolan Indepedence War", Alternate "Cold War" Game  (Read 17840 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Lite: "Angolan Indepedence War", Alternate "Cold War" Game
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2008, 10:54:36 am »

Alright, re-rolling, just give me a few hours.

Also, could I allocate multiple actions to attacks on a single place to raise my odds of success?

Yes you can.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2008, 02:38:50 pm »

I change all of my actions to seizing Cabinda. :D

Editing my action post way back there accordingly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2008, 07:11:21 pm »

Rerolling Turn 1, now I fear it might be too easy for successes, but meh.

Turn 1, Spring 1955.
Spoiler: ASVAG (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: People's Freedom Party (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Angola Unido (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ATC (click to show/hide)

Superpowers' turns to come tommorow (Germany, USA, USSR).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 07:42:31 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2008, 07:37:04 pm »

Good side: I succeeded at something.
Bad side: Every one did, too.  :P
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Calculus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2008, 11:25:56 pm »

Fluff to follow tomorrow.

Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2008, 11:48:17 pm »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Anatoly groaned when one of his plants among the troops brought him the casualty reports. "Don't they have any understanding of tactics? These fools would be helpless without the motherland's support." The bodyguards snickered. "That's not funny," he snapped. "These men are throwing away their lives for our sakes." They went silent. He walked over to the map on his wall. He gently pressed a red pin into Cabinda. "A high-resource zone is ours. I've sent a runner to begin collecting natives for the 'People's Freedom Party Militia' but it's not enough. We need to get enough resources under our control to begin producing heavy weaponry on-site.

"Therefore, we attack here." He slammed a two black pins into the map, into the territories of Bengo and Uige. "When these are ours, we might be able to promise more than spare AK-47s to our recruits."
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:11:36 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2008, 12:58:15 am »

Oh my God! We started this  :o :o :o
Sorry the late coming...blame World of Warcrack. Tell me if I got the actions right

Once again, Jonas Savimbi’s blood was boiling. He had just received a C.I.A dossier from Washington detailing the assualt on Cabinda…as usual the information conatained no hard numbers or facts, just speculation. Apparently hundreds of native Angolans had been sent to their deaths by the Marxist puppet masters. The ATC, oppurtunistic ticks them all, had recently attempted a half assed take over of industry in Huambo, and had been rebuffed by loyal local tribes-they had been well schooled on the “help” that such people would provide. They might still be put to use.

He knew that as long as the foriegners held sway in Angola, this would continue endlessly. Angolan lives were merely chess pieces to these people. He paused a moment, letting the anger seep out…as he had before every major battle. Calm, precise. An weathered rock in a stormy sea. He was not naïve enough to believe that the Americans would be the saviors of his country, though they could be useful...nor idealisitic enough that he was the great hero that inspired the earth itself to rise up and swallow the evil men who corrupted it, though he could inspire the people to it on his behalf... It would be his men- the cattle drivers, the farm workers, the laborers. The true blood of the nation. They would be the ones to break the chains.

And Often he thought of Angola as a body, in some ways…the workers the blood, its leaders the brain, the military the arms and legs and so on. From their it was not difficult to draw a parallel to the current situation as a cancer, growing and consuming until it destroyed the body along with itself-the ultimate act of insanity. He had studied medicine for a time in Lisbon, and knew that the longer you waited to remove the cancer, the stronger it got, and hence more of the body would have to be destroyed to lance it out. Better it be done now…Angola must be saved, he thought. Purified. Cleansed.

He entered his war room. His commanders and generals all stood at attention. “Bie will be our first target” He said, gesturing to the map. His fourth in command, who was in his youth a former dockhand from Cabinda, spoke up fearlessly. “Sir-Bie is not a priority target. It has little in the way of industry or materials to gain from a potential attack” I know this, Jonas replied. “Bie is the heartland of Angola, the breadbasket-from here we will draw the native sons and daughters of our country. We must not forget we do not fight this war to safegaurd a new government, but secure a new future. We cannot let the ordinary people be forgotten, to be relegated to pins on a map.” He had spoken, and his men silently agreed. Privately, He looked forward to visiting his old home in Bie, assuming the Portugese had not destroyed it some petty act of spite. As the orders began go out over the ANFR-Angolan Freedom Radio-for the people of Bie to rise up with the support of UNITA, he again returned to his thoughts. Cancer, in and of itself was not evil. It was often merely a natural occurence, an anomaly brought about by the evil inflences. The true evil would be allowing the cancer to grow because you had not the strong enough will to destroy it while you had the chance.

Actions
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2008, 01:13:41 am »

Hurray, Dwarmin's back.  We actually have all players still.  Are you considering your first turn gone?  Servant would probably let you back-date it.

Speaking of which, S-Corps, a roster in the OP or something would be good for keeping track of where everybody is.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2008, 01:18:47 am »

Marco Moniz, a lieutenant of the PFP sends a secret message to the CIA. It is shown here, translated from the broken English Moniz used.

I assume you've heard about the attack on Cabinda recently. We are being guided by a vicious half-Chinese Communist officer who rules us through fear. He sent us into a battle with Cabinda's militias, a great lot of separatist dogs. We lost many men and were forced into a minor extermination campaign by other officers to drive the FLEC militia into hiding.

I would like the help of the West in casting off the chains of the Communists. They offer no freedom. Only death.

-Marco Moniz
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2008, 01:32:45 am »

Yeah, I dont want to force the game back. Its fine with me to continue.

Grind exp slave! You must raid Black Fathom Deeps!

Quiet you.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2008, 11:10:17 am »

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
I had some rp stuff but then I lost it to buggy computer stuff. I don't really feel like typing it all out again, sorry.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2008, 12:26:49 pm »

Yeah, Dwarmin's turn is being back-dated. I'm pretty shocked why are you still giving orders when I haven't rolled for the Superpowers' action. Oh well. I roll Dwarmin's turn as well as the Superpowers right now. After that, I'll update the OP.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 12:29:33 pm by Servant Corps »

Calculus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2008, 02:02:30 pm »

A map. Sorry, I though UNITA was out of the game, so they are not on this update.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2008, 08:22:28 pm »

And...?

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2008, 09:05:56 pm »

The commie super-spy Dr. Exams has taken me hostage. It will take me some time to free myself/pay the ransom.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9