Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77519 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 25 and Don't Cross the Beams!
« Reply #510 on: January 24, 2009, 12:55:14 am »

You are the GM, and as such, your word is law, but I'd like to express my disapproval that Akroma rolled a 1 and still got an attack (which succeeded brilliantly).

Also, your memo of not pressing the 0 command has made me very interested in what it does...

I press the 0 command.

I give the 44444 command.
[2] – You type in 44444 and as you are about to hit the action command, a Scientist tackles you! [6 – 1] & [6 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT DAMAGE!) He's not the strongest guy and he barely nudges you. You then shove him into a wall.

I order my light servants to aid Dark again, while I explore the surrounding area with my mind. Looking for a living things.
[4] – You try and look for living things in the area with your mind. [1] Unfortunately, you find nothing, and can't even find the people you can see.

Light Servants
[2] – The Light Servants try to aid Dark, but offer no additional assistance.

Alright, using my healing powers, I try to 'enhance' everybody nearby, healing wounds and boosting their health, strength and fatigue.

Also! Can I get this action in before Cheetar? I'd like to get him a buff before he goes into the treehouse, rather than afterwards.
[5 + 3] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) – You cast Mass Bull's Strength on everyone near you with your newfound Cleric powers. Everyone, including you, gains a +1 to attack and damage, as well as healing some slight wounds.

[2] Suddenly, a deafening voice sounds in your head. [4] You can barely make out the words.

I no longer require your assistance in the matter. You have done well.

You suddenly feel as though you don't have your healing powers.

Errr. I just slash at Old Mecha Man then.
[6] – You rush the old man with your sword held high. [3 + 2 – 1]/[Old Man: 3 + 2] Your sword glistens in the sun momentarily as the old man tries to stop you. [5 + 1]/[Old Man: 3 + 1 + 2] (Tie!) The old man grabs the blade, not even flinching an inch, flipping the sword into his own hands! [2 – 1]/[Old Man: 4 + 2] He swings with all his might at Cheeetar, who can't seem to move! [2 – 2 + 2 + 1 + 1]/[AUTO 1] The sword swings right through Cheeetar. The old man is confused for a second, looking at the blade.

I send my fire breath against boogerman. Except the fire is metal, and my breath is death.
I increase the intensity of my flames, attempting to ward off Akroma's death metal.
[Akroma: 4]/[Boogerman: 6] – As Akroma sends out a Shadow Spike, Boogerman powers up his shields... again. (Boogerman: +2 to damage) [Akroma: 3 – 1 + 1 – 1 – 1]/[Boogerman: 6 + 2 – 2] Boogerman's brightness seems to give difficulty for Akroma, making it harder for her to hit him. [Akroma: 5 – 2 + 1 + 1 + 2]/[Boogerman: 6 + 2 + 2 – 1 – 1 + 2 – 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT ATTACK!)/(EPIC OVERSHOT DAMAGE!) Unfortunately, the spike misses Boogerman, instead smashing through a wall behind him.

I shall use my new telekinetic powers to create a stone golem body for myself.
[1] – You try to shape the stone into a body, but you really suck at it. You imagine laughter at your lack of ability. {Discouraged: -1 to Telekinesis}

I'll try to transcend from whatever the man is keeping me in, and hopefully posess his body in the process.
[4 – 3] – You try to escape the container, but you fail. Miserably. Luckily, no one is around to witness this failure.

Three ones in a row? Thats a 1 in 216 chance IIRC.

I absorb the threads of time, to become the God of Time.
[2] – You try but Nirur Torir tells you to back off his domain.

NPC Actions:
Scientists [3] – The other Scientists watch as Frelock shoves the one that tried to stop him into a wall. The Scientist hits with a loud bang, then falls to the floor. The others instead find that standing where they are is a good idea.

Shadow Block [2] – The block continues counting, but it keeps restarting from losing its place.

Challenges:

Challenge 15: The Control Panel
Players: Frelock
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Challenge 16: The Rain
Players: Cheeetar, Dark, Kashyyk, sonerohi, and anyone outside.
Starting Turn: 23

Challenge 17: Two Gods and some Scorpions
Players: Boogerman, Akroma, and Jay Kayell

Challenge 18: It's a bomb!
Players: Akroma and Boogerman
Starting Turn: 24

Challenge 19: Old Man and the 'Chine
Players: sonerohi and anyone else in the tree house.

Status Rolls:
None

Spoiler: Akroma (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Boogerman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jay Kayell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kashyyk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nurir Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: sonerohi (click to show/hide)

NPC Status:
Spoiler: Light Servants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Midnight (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadow Block (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Phoenix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Old Man (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Amulet of Shadows
White Soft Washcloth

Area:
Spoiler: The Zoo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Forest (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:42:47 pm by webadict »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 26 and Not Much Happens...
« Reply #511 on: January 24, 2009, 01:08:59 am »

I struggle with the old man for my sword, trying to smack him with the handle or slash him while I struggle.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 24, 2009, 05:25:43 am »

I absorb the shadow block, hopefully granting me explosive powers
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 24, 2009, 07:47:26 am »

I try to summon 300 spartans.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 24, 2009, 01:22:21 pm »

I'll try out as many commands as I can this turn, starting with numbers that feel significant for some reason I just can't quite remember (not 0).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 24, 2009, 01:27:56 pm »

I'll back Cheetar up then. I head up into the treehouse and help him get his sword back. This will probably involve violence, with which I shall use the Dewprism for. That old man is going down!

Also, are my legs still injured, or were they healed?
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 24, 2009, 02:40:42 pm »

I order my light servants to attack the old man while I aid Cheeetar

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 24, 2009, 02:43:34 pm »

I'll back Cheetar up then. I head up into the treehouse and help him get his sword back. This will probably involve violence, with which I shall use the Dewprism for. That old man is going down!

Also, are my legs still injured, or were they healed?
Sorry. I forgot to do healings. Your legs have been upgraded to bruised.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 24, 2009, 05:59:35 pm »

I'll try to mentally identify and unify every iota of energy and magical energy that exists near me, hopefully something cool will happen.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 24, 2009, 11:22:53 pm »

I'll use my powers of time to help in the killing of that bad man who stole my previous powers.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 26, 2009, 03:09:36 pm »

If Akroma does not absorb the block, I try to set it off with a fireball.
Otherwise, I order my phoenix to claw Akroma, while I take a (very) short rest.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 29, 2009, 02:23:04 pm »

How goes the rolls?
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 29, 2009, 03:38:28 pm »

Turn 26

I order my light servants to attack the old man while I aid Cheeetar
I struggle with the old man for my sword, trying to smack him with the handle or slash him while I struggle.
[Kashyyk: 3]/[Cheeetar: 1] – Cheeetar struggles valiantly for his sword, but the old man is surprisingly stronger than expected. [Cheeetar: 5 – 2 + 2 – 1] Cheeetar is thrown against the wall. [Cheeetar: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT DAMAGE!) His armor takes most of the impact. Kashyyk rushes into the house and jumps on the man's back, knocking the sword out of the old man's hands. [Kashyyk: 3]/[Old Man: 6 + 2] (EPIC OVERSHOT ATTACK!) The old man throws Kashyyk over his shoulder [Kashyyk: 4 + 1]/[Old Man: 6 + 3 + 2] (OMEGA (10+) OVERSHOT!), sending Kashyyk through the floor and into the ground. [5] Luckily, Kashyyk lands flat on his stomach, only knocking the wind out of him. {[Kashyyk]: Winded: -2 to dodge, -1 to damage, -1 to accuracy next turn}

[5] – You rush into the tree house! [5]/[Old Man: 6 + 2] (EPIC OVERSHOT DODGE!) You slash at the old man! He makes no effort to dodge... [2 + 1 + 1]/[Old Man: 5 + 3 + 2] (OMEGA (10+) OVERSHOT!) Instead, the old man grabs your wrist, picks you up, and throws you through the wall! [6] Before you hit the wall, you manage to throw the knife at the old man [1 + 2] who is hit in the stomach! [3 + 1 – 1] You fly through the air! [1 + 1] You try to catch yourself on the way down, breaking your right arm. {Broken right arm: -3 to using your right arm, -1 to accuracy}

I'll use my powers of time to help in the killing of that bad man who stole my previous powers.
[Light Servants: 4]/[Nirur Torir: 4 + 2] – Nirur Torir floats up to the Light Servants and slows down time for them. ([light Servants]: +1 to dodge, +1 to accuracy) [light Servants: 2 + 1]/[Old Man: 1 + 2] The Light Servants rush the old man, [light Servants: 3 + 1]/[Old Man: 4 + 2] The old man avoids the Light Servants, moving faster than their time-slowed perceptions can even hit. [Old Man: 4 + 2]/[light Servants: 3 + 1] The old man retaliates! [Old Man: 3 + 2 + 2]/[light Servants: 5 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT ATTACK!) He grabs the ethereal chains connecting them to the scythe, throwing them through the floorboards next to Kashyyk. [2] Several of them explode in light. A few manage to survive the fall. {[light Servants]: Severely Weakened: -1 to accuracy, -1 to attack, -1 to dodge, -1 to damage}

I'll try out as many commands as I can this turn, starting with numbers that feel significant for some reason I just can't quite remember (not 0).
[6] – You type the first important number you can think of... which is, of course, 10, since it's right after 0. Upon execution, a thunderous boom echoes throughout the Zoo. Suddenly, it begins raining. {Code 10: Thunderstorm}

I absorb the shadow block, hopefully granting me explosive powers
[2 + 1] – You abort your assault on Boogerman, jumping onto the Shadow Block. Your body start to absorb the block, but the lack of organic matter makes the process complicated. Your body partially rejects the bomb, absorbing part of it while keeping the bomb from fully being absorbed. {Bomb Partially Absorbed: -1 to dodge, Unstable}

If Akroma does not absorb the block, I try to set it off with a fireball.
Otherwise, I order my phoenix to claw Akroma, while I take a (very) short rest.
[1] – Boogerman Cancels Rest: Interrupted by Rain {Wet: -1 to all rolls}

Phoenix
[5] – The Phoenix dive bombs at Akroma! [2 + 1]/[Akroma: 2 – 1 + 2 – 1] Akroma has trouble dodging after trying to absorb the bomb! [5 + 1]/[Akroma: 6 – 1 + 1 + 2 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT DAMAGE!) The Phoenix bounces harmlessly off Akroma, [4] dodging the many flailing arms of Akroma. The rain then hits the Phoenix. {Wet: -1 to all rolls}

I try to summon 300 spartans.
[2] – You try, but unfortunately THIS IS NOT SPARTA!

I'll try to mentally identify and unify every iota of energy and magical energy that exists near me, hopefully something cool will happen.
[2] – You try to pool all the magical energy around you, but are uncertain of how to do so.

NPC Actions:
Scientists [3] – The Scientists decide to ask if Frelock needs help. One of the Scientists suggest using 3210.

Challenges:

Challenge 15: The Control Panel
Players: Frelock

Challenge 16: The Rain
Players: Cheeetar, Dark, Kashyyk, sonerohi, and anyone outside.

Challenge 17: Two Gods and some Scorpions
Players: Boogerman, Akroma, and Jay Kayell

Challenge 18: It's a bomb!
Players: Akroma and Boogerman

Challenge 19: Old Man and the 'Chine
Players: sonerohi and anyone else in the tree house.

Status Rolls:
Old Man [2] – The old man's stomach wound worsens! {Moderate Bleeding: -1 to damage, roll for control}

Shadow Bomb [1] – Tick, tick, tick... BOOM! The bomb explodes! [Akroma: AUTO 2]/[Boogerman: 5 – 1]/[Phoenix: 5 – 1] The force blows apart Akroma. However, since she's a blob to begin with, it only makes her a lot smaller. The Phoenix shields Boogerman from the blast, regenerating from the blow.

Spoiler: Akroma (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Boogerman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jay Kayell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kashyyk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nurir Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: sonerohi (click to show/hide)

NPC Status:
Spoiler: Light Servants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Midnight (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Phoenix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Old Man (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Amulet of Shadows
White Soft Washcloth
Spoiler: Control Panel Codes (click to show/hide)

Area:
Spoiler: The Zoo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Forest (click to show/hide)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 27 and Falling through the Floor.
« Reply #523 on: January 29, 2009, 03:46:49 pm »

Alright, we'll try 3210, followed by 43210
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 27 and Falling through the Floor.
« Reply #524 on: January 29, 2009, 03:54:37 pm »

yay. As the bomb scattered many many parts of me all over the area, I now can use my infectous dark energy and let darkness infiltrate the entire area, and hopefully, everyone within it
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41