Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77506 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 24 and Can A Fire Shield Stop Akroma?
« Reply #480 on: January 08, 2009, 04:28:00 pm »

hehehe

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 08, 2009, 06:08:34 pm »

I actually finished the song in one walk? Amazing. I'll practice telekinesis by moving raindrops out of the way of whoever is closest. Nothing is impossible for the one who has sang 999 kegs of rum on the wall!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 08, 2009, 07:54:29 pm »

All we're waiting for is sonerohi.

Of course, he's not really doing much, what with his carrying of a log that's sopping wet. Maybe I'll write up some thing for the others.

Oh, and yeah I've noticed that, Jay. Sorry... It's been bad dice for you the entire game...

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 09, 2009, 05:42:59 am »

Don't worry about it. Every game needs a character with extremely bad luck.

As long as I don't die permanently I'm not mad about it, really.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 09, 2009, 11:58:50 pm »

Sorry everyone! I didn't realize it was raining so I guess the whole bringing fire idea failed...  :'(. Well I guess I'll just see whats up inside the treehouse, before I rust out in the rain.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 12, 2009, 11:41:59 pm »

Sorry for the long wait. I think I'll probably be updating a little less what with school starting. Not that they WERE updated very fast, but I'm trying to not burn myself out. And I'd rather not just pull everyone out of their current situation... without just cause...

I, uh, just have to add some things...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 13, 2009, 09:32:30 am »

Web, take several deep breaths, and then punch someone in the kidney. It'll make you feel better. Understand that we really do not care how fast these are coming. If it's real life stuff, then it comes first.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 13, 2009, 09:51:41 am »

The pace is all good, even an update a week would suffice. Take your time.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 15, 2009, 09:36:56 pm »

Turn 24!

Glad to hear that the choking has stopped.  Still, two 1's in a row...my luck has to go up!

I examine the control panels, trying to remember what does what.
[6] – It might be the lack of choking, but you figure out which buttons do what.

Unfortunately, the commands use a very few amount of keys in certain patterns, followed by an execution key. The execution key differs depending on the type of action, but you seem to remember which execution to press without thinking about it. You only forget the code for the actions.

There are 5 different action buttons (which, for the sake of ease, will be labeled 0 – 4.) The first key determines the number of following keys. (Example: 14 or 43201)

Each action modifies the Zoo in some fashion.

You remember one critical piece of information: Do not press the 0 command!

I calmly walk towards the treehouse, and when there get onto Midnight.
[3] – You walk to the tree house, but the rain makes it very difficult to move. When you make it there, your horse seems to have disappeared.

I steal Akroma's body by means of soul-switching. My army shall distract her so she can't protect herself. Come here and die for my fleeting tactical advantage!

Btw, I haven't actually succeeded in an action for six turns now.
[1] (The sad thing is I felt bad, so I rerolled... twice. All three were 1's. You have the worst luck.) – You abandon the scorpion body and try to possess Akroma. Unfortunately, she'll be damned if anyone, let alone you, take over her body. All you manage to do is no longer possess a body.

Scorpion Army
[5] – Your Scorpion Army tries their best to keep your body out of Akroma's way! {Carrying/Carried: -1 to dodge}

Fear attracts me like a bonefire in the night

I attack kill Jay Kayell

edit: determination matters
[1] – You have difficulty moving with your new form. You launch some sloppy Shadow Spikes! [4 – 1 + 1 – 1]/[Jay Kayell: 1 – 1] (EPIC FAILURE DODGE!) Jay's Scorpion Army coordinate terribly, moving Jay's body into a spikes way! [5]/[Jay Kayell: 3 – 3 + 1] Jay's scorpion is torn apart by spikes! The Scorpion Army suddenly lose all their morale, fleeing from the room. They head down through the mirrored hallway.

I make my way to Dark, while I send my servants ahead to help Dark in his tree manipulation.
[5] – You make your way to Dark, shielding yourself from the rain. You then take cover underneath the tree canopies.

Light Servants [4] – The Light Servants make it to Dark. Unfortunately, they don't have any real help for Dark.

Perhaps moulding an entire tree into a shelter was a bit ambitious. I'll try something smaller then, I'll urge the leaves to weave themselves together into a simple canopy to keep the rain off. Then I'll wait for Kashyyk and Cheeetar to arrive.
[4] – You try and use your powers to mold the tree again; however, the tree shifts of its own accord! Another tree offers its leaves as well, protecting you, Kashyyk, and the Light Servants!

I mount my phoenix. I command it to break through the roof. Hopefully the height gives me an advantage When I lob a few fireballs at Akroma.
[1]/[Phoenix: 4] – You mount your phoenix. Of course, your phoenix flies up and prepares to crash through the ceiling. [6 – 2] Your back hits the ceiling! [2 – 1 – 1 + 2] The wind is knocked out of you. You fall to the ground! [3] [4 – 1 – 1 + 2] You hit the ground. You don't feel all to injured. {Winded: -2 to dodge, -1 to damage, -1 to accuracy next turn}

I actually finished the song in one walk? Amazing. I'll practice telekinesis by moving raindrops out of the way of whoever is closest. Nothing is impossible for the one who has sang 999 kegs of rum on the wall!
[5] – You manage to keep Dark rather dry by slowing down time and concentrating very hard on raindrops. {Telekinesis: You can move objects with your mind}

Sorry everyone! I didn't realize it was raining so I guess the whole bringing fire idea failed...  :'(. Well I guess I'll just see whats up inside the treehouse, before I rust out in the rain.
[6] – You run up the staircase and make it to the door. You run through it. A net flies over your head! [4 + 2 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT DODGE!) Luckily, you run right past it. [4 + 1] Suddenly, you are hit but a mechanical fist! [6 + 1 – 1] You are thrown into a wall. There appears to be no real damage. Instead, an old man with a half mechanical body looms over you.

Ah, so you're back...

This time the net lands on top of you!

NPC Actions:
Scientists [2] – The Scientists sit down to try and recollect their thoughts. They fail to even notice Frelock taking over the controls.

Shadow Block [3] – The block lets out a piercing screech! The screech is then followed by a countdown...

Challenges:

Challenge 15: The Control Panel
Players: Frelock
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Challenge 16: The Rain
Players: Cheeetar, Dark, Kashyyk, sonerohi, and anyone outside.
Starting Turn: 23

Challenge 17: Two Gods and some Scorpions
Players: Boogerman, Akroma, and Jay Kayell
Starting Turn: 23

Challenge 18: It's a bomb!
Players: Akroma and Boogerman
Starting Turn: 24

Challenge 19: Old Man and the 'Chine
Players: sonerohi and anyone else in the tree house.
Starting Turn: 24

Status Rolls:
None

Spoiler: Akroma (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Boogerman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dark (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jay Kayell (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kashyyk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nurir Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: sonerohi (click to show/hide)

NPC Status:
Spoiler: Scorpion Army (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Light Servants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Midnight (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Shadow Block (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Phoenix (click to show/hide)

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Amulet of Shadows
White Soft Washcloth

Area:
Spoiler: The Zoo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Forest (click to show/hide)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 25 and Don't Cross the Beams!
« Reply #489 on: January 15, 2009, 09:46:19 pm »

You are the GM, and as such, your word is law, but I'd like to express my disapproval that Akroma rolled a 1 and still got an attack (which succeeded brilliantly).

Also, your memo of not pressing the 0 command has made me very interested in what it does...

I press the 0 command.

I give the 44444 command.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 15, 2009, 09:49:30 pm »

I run into the treehouse and make a slash at the Old Mecha Man before he can absorb Sonerohi.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 15, 2009, 09:53:08 pm »

You are the GM, and as such, your word is law, but I'd like to express my disapproval that Akroma rolled a 1 and still got an attack (which succeeded brilliantly).
True, but I've allowed attacks on 1s before. They just receive a -2 to accuracy.

Plus, I didn't want an empty body sitting around. Items are really annoying to keep track of.

Although, duly noted. I suppose there should be more consequences for 1s.

I run into the treehouse and make a slash at the Old Mecha Man before he can absorb Sonerohi.
He already did.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 16, 2009, 01:02:49 am »

Errr. I just slash at Old Mecha Man then.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 16, 2009, 01:11:18 am »

I send my fire breath against boogerman. Except the fire is metal, and my breath is death.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 16, 2009, 01:17:11 am »

So, you're sending him death metal?
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41