Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77709 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 18 and Someone Finally Escapes The Maze!
« Reply #360 on: December 14, 2008, 11:00:26 am »

The turn is coming, I can feel it.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 14, 2008, 11:18:09 am »

No doubt that it is.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 14, 2008, 08:51:27 pm »

I'll have it up on Tuesday. Sorry, there's finals and crap, and Mondays looks really bad for me.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 15, 2008, 09:54:02 pm »

I bump in the name of the great holy Baker, so he may cooketh up some knowledge in order to serve that test. Get it guys? Serve that test, some knowledge he cooked becauses hes the Baker. I thought it was clever...
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 15, 2008, 10:51:48 pm »

Guess what! I have plenty of time to do turns tonight and tomorrow (no finals tomorrow. HUZZAY!)

Anywho, I'm working on them right now.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 15, 2008, 11:28:56 pm »

*Napoleon dynamite voice* freakin sweet!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 16, 2008, 11:45:43 am »

Cheers!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 16, 2008, 01:06:50 pm »

Turn 18

Typical you webadict, making me remove Nirur Torir just as he was about to get some vital infomation!
If he wants, I try to get Nirur back to the old man's place. If not I summon the shadows I killed and turn them to the light, making them angels to do my bidding! Come on the light!!!!
[1] – You spin the scythe in a circle, calling out “Shadows.” Unfortunately, this isn't their name, and they don't appear.

I attack the shadow dragon! And my army shall kill the other shadows.
[4] – You jump on the Shadow Dragon's back! He roars in anger! You aim your stinger for his face! [2 + 1]/[Shadow Dragon: 3] You're both a little clumsy trying to move. [3 + 1]/[Shadow Dragon: 3] You manage to stab his right eye! The Shadow Dragon fights back! [Shadow Dragon: 2 + 1]/[2 + 1 – 1] He grabs you by the stinger! [Shadow Dragon: 4 + 1]/[5 – 1 + 2] He throws you into a wall, but your armor protects you from any real damage.

Scorpion Army
[1] – Your army starts attacking the Shadows! These Shadows appear to be more powerful than the canyon ones. [5 – 2] Your army gets a sneak attack from above. [5] They manage to jump down from the roof and attack the Shadows. [6] They take no casualties from the attack.

Kashyyk, thanks for saving me. I think I'll try to avoid old men who disapprove of magical stealing for a while.

For my action, I'll change the flow of time, so that we'll have more time to figure it all out, as I'm still quite confused about what is going on.

Edit- Bad joke removed.
[6] – You concentrate on stopping time, thinking of a way to stop or reverse it. You reach out with your hands, finding little threads. They feel like they're moving through your hands. You grab them. They stop moving. You feel as though time is moving very slowly where you stand. Unfortunately, you cannot move while you are holding these threads. {Holding Time Back: Time is slowed in the room you are in, -3 to dodge while holding time back, all other actions in different rooms are one minute long}

I call forth a fire elemental to help me.
[3] – You call forth a fire elemental. It is a floating flame. [4] It seems to want to help you out.

Once darkness has consumed the world, I need a proper place to reside in. Thus, I summon my minions to build a tower of darkness for me
[3] – You summon your minions. The only problem is that you don't have any. You try and make some. You manage to make mini minions. [4] They look up to you for guidance.

trying to use the darkness energy released from the amulet and to weld the energy into a large hunk of iron. Next turn I'll try to shape the iron into the shape of a golem that would have bendable limbs and joints, and the turn after I'll try to posess it.
[5] – You use some of your ghostly energy to mold the hunk of metal that were little bits of the amulet. You manage to turn it into a working golem. The only problem is that the metal was only enough to make a metal golem about 6 inches tall. It's hollow on the inside, so it bends easily.

Boksi, stop using a coin to decide which side you're going to help. Either join the dark side and let me finish you off, or join the light side and I'll try healing you. By the way Frelock, before we continue on, can you remove these shadow-spikes from my legs? I don't think I can go for a walk like this.

For my action, I retrieve the Dewprism from Boksi's chest. Don't want to leave that thing in his uncertain hands. If I can do so in the same turn, I'll follow Frelock, unless he decides to heal me, in which case I'll help him heal me. My primary action is getting the Dewprism though, that comes before all else.
[5] – You pull the knife out of Boksi's chest. As you wait to be healed, you notice that the knife isn't glowing anymore when you hold it. Boksi's wound bleeds more profusely. You try and take care of your own wounds. [4] You manage to remove the spikes from your legs. You can now walk again, but you're having a hard time. {-2 to dodge} Boksi: {Serious bleeding: -1 to control checks, -1 to damage rolls}

Alrighty then, change of action:

I heal everyone in the forest, including Boski from his infection of Darkness.
[2] – You try and heal them, but your own broken arm seems to distract you. You should probably get that fixed. You try and wrap it up, but your lack of any real first aid knowledge makes you realize why you got a D- in Health.

Boksi
Boksi stares off into the distance. He doesn't seem to notice anything around him. It's almost as if he lost his mind...

NPC Actions:
Shadow Dragon [5] – The Shadow Dragon rushes at Jay Kayell! [Shadow Dragon: 4 + 1]/[Jay Kayell: 4 + 1 - 1] – Jay tries to ready himself for the oncoming figure! [Shadow Dragon: 2 + 1 + 1]/[Jay Kayell: 6 + 1 + 2] (EPIC OVERSHOT DAMAGE!) Jay Kayell dodges out of the way as the Shadow Dragon  digs through the wall. Jay Kayell jumps off another wall and right back at the dragon! [Jay Kayell: 1 + 1]/[Shadow Dragon: 3] Jay Kayell's footing is a bit off as he springs at the dragon. [Jay Kayell: 3 – 1 + 1]/[Shadow Dragon: 1] The dragon readies to attack, but one of the other scorpions jumps on the dragon's hand! Jay Kayell manages to gouge out the dragon's other eye! The dragon roars in fury! He suddenly seems a whole lot madder. {Blind: -2 to accuracy, -1 to dodge} {Fury: +2 to damage}

Shadows [4] – The Shadows attack the Scorpion Army! [Shadows: 6]/[Scorpion Army: 6] The Scorpion Army is ready for the attack! [Shadows: 3 + 2]/[Scorpion Army: 6 + 2] (EPIC OVERSHOT DAMAGE!) The scorpions take no damage from the attack, either dodging or protected by their armor. They strike back! [Scorpion Army: 1]/[Shadows: 1 + 1] Both sides are tired from the first attack. [Scorpion Army: 2 – 2]/[Shadows: 4 – 1 + 1] (EPIC FAILURE ATTACK!) The scorpions can't seem to do any damage to the Shadows.

Challenges:

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 8:50 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten-minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 8:20 PM.

Challenge 9: Light and Dark?
Players: Frelock and Akroma
Frelock and Akroma both appear in a black and white world. Frelock is slightly faster than Akroma at adjusting to the new world, and is able to get to Akroma. He raises his Swiss Army Knife Hand and swings, only to freeze within centimeters of her face. Frelock and Akroma can't seem to move, as if somebody had frozen them both.
A voice rings out, “The key and the lock are now present, but where is the door?”
Another voice answers the first, “I thought the door was on its way.”
The first voice replies, “It's impossible now. The key is changed. It's been warped.”
Second voice: “What about the wisher? He might be able to make a new key.”
First: “No. It'd never work.”
Second: “The whole set is messed up. We may need to start all over.”
First: “There seems to be a new lock forming... Odd.”
Second: “And the key to that one is clearly untainted.”
First: “I suppose, but there's hardly any time.”
A new third voice sounds out. “What do we do with these ones?”
First: “Hmm... We'll let them fight it out. Whoever survives will be allowed back into the zoo.”
Reality seems to begin letting you move again. Akroma pushes out of the way of the knife and stands up.

Challenge 11: The Full Moon
Players: Everyone!
Full Moon Roll (Re-roll on 4-6)
[1] – The Full Moon WILL appear next turn!

Challenge 12: Escaped!
Players: Frelock, Dark, and Boksi
Frelock explored around a bit, looking for anything he could find. After a few minutes of finding nothing, Dark and Boksi appear! Boksi appeared to have a knife still in his chest. Dark looked around, finally seeing Frelock.
“Where are we?”

Challenge 13: Shadow Dragon
Players: Boogerman, Jay Kayell, and anyone else that makes it to the gravity room.
Amulet Roll

[Boksi: N/A, Dark: N/A, Boogerman: 3, Shadow Queen: 1 – 2] – Boksi and Dark disappear from sight. The Shadow Queen lets out a horrible scream, whether it was from Dewprism or the Amulet is unknown, but Boogerman stands in the room, shielded by his immense glowing. Emerging forth is a dragon, darker than anything imaginable. It eyes glow red, with black teeth razor-sharp. Its wings fold outward from its body, crashing through the walls of the room. On the other side are a bunch of Shadows. The Shadow Dragon lets loose a loud roar, just as a bunch of scorpions followed by Jay Kayell appear. All the Shadows start to rush Boogerman. The dragon seems to be cancelling out the brightness of Boogerman.

Status Rolls:
Boksi [5 – 1] – The bleeding slows itself. {Moderate bleeding: -1 to damage rolls}

Kashyyk: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. Glowing. Has Swiss Army Hand Knife. In a white and black world.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In a forest. Right hand covered in black stuff. Injured legs. Holding Dewprism.
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Knows some karate. In the canyon room. Scorpion General. Wearing metal armor.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken nose. Has Fire Mastery. Avatar of Flames. Glowing brightly. In the gravity room. Has a small fire elemental.
Akroma: Wearing Shadow Queen Attire. Shadow Parasol in right hand. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. In a white and black world. Holding a gun. Has mini shadow minions.
Nurir Torir: A ghost. In the canyon room. Can hold time back.
Boksi: Naked. Has Minor Levitation. Can summon Shadow Spikes. King of Shadows. Metal-meshed. In a forest. Bleeding moderately.
sonerohi: A ghost. Beat Death. No arms. In the mirrored hallway(?).

NPC Status:
Scorpion Army: Following Jay Kayell. In the canyon room. Covered in black stuff.
Shadow Dragon: Giant Shadow Dragon. Can summon Shadow Spikes. One with Shadows. Blind. Mad with Fury.
Shadow Dragon Shadow Army: Stronger Shadows.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Amulet of Shadows
White Soft Washcloth

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. It is broken down. The voice seems to have stopped. Nirur Torir's knife is on the ground.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. The room is covered in burns.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Some of the mirrors are shattered. There is a glowing hole that is a portal.
The forest:
The forest is filled with pine trees and other coniferous trees. There is a door standing randomly in the forest.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 07:37:02 am by webadict »

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 19 and The Full Moon Is Coming! Hide with Nirur Torir!
« Reply #368 on: December 16, 2008, 01:19:44 pm »

Awesome!

Alright, I'll heal up Frelock's arm as best as I can. If I've got time left over I try fix up my legs a bit too. I need those legs in working and dodging order before the end of the world comes.

Frelock, got any ideas on what we should do?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 16, 2008, 01:23:35 pm »

The size of my minions doesn't matter

all that matter is how hard I punish them should they fail to meet my demands.

I order them to build a palace of darkness for me.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 16, 2008, 01:32:19 pm »

I attack the dragon once again. My army continues their assault on the shadows.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 16, 2008, 02:12:38 pm »

Well, we're out, I hope, so the war with the shadows no longer concerns us (maybe?).  We should probably get into good shape, and then move through the door.

For this turn, I'll help dark heal me and himself.  If I could clean the paint of my swiss-army hand while I'm doing maintenance on my body, that would be great too.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 16, 2008, 02:18:20 pm »

Hmm. I'm sorta split between learning how to eat souls to revive myself, and practicing playing with time.
Oh, alright, practicing my newfound time manipulation power to save the world it is.

Guys, please hurry up and end the war with the shadows, I'm not sure how many different ways I can say "I keep slowing down time" before it is considered a repeat move and I spawn a mini-black hole on myself.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 16, 2008, 02:54:03 pm »

Just so everyone knows... the full moon is coming in the next ten minutes... So, being in any room besides the one Nurir Torir is in is probably a bad idea... It's now a one in ten roll, since Nirur Torir slowed down time, but he gets ten minute turns.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 16, 2008, 03:07:22 pm »

hey, when the shadows win, then here we go, a RTD that actually has a winner, for my status sais queen of shadows
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41