Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77824 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 16 and The Shadow King!
« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2008, 04:11:53 pm »

Then I'd make my action to save Webadict from the alligators in his mailbox. Ope, auto 0  ;).
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2008, 04:28:38 pm »

Then I'd make my action to save Webadict from the alligators in his mailbox. Ope, auto 0  ;).
[0] - You no longer exist in this world and all previous knowledge of you is forgotten. Not that it matters to you, because you don't exist.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 04, 2008, 06:06:13 pm »

The suspense, am I fried or is Sonerohi ka-plewy?!
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 04, 2008, 07:38:55 pm »

The suspense, am I fried or is Sonerohi ka-plewy?!
Well, let's just say certain people with certain abilities no longer have them.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 04, 2008, 09:22:28 pm »

Let's just say that if this whole thing is waiting on a player, I'm extremely impatient. If it's waiting on webadict, let's just say I have freshed bake cookies.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 04, 2008, 09:32:23 pm »

Quote from: Webadict

That sounds very ominous. I presume I won't be conjuring a nuke next turn to save the world?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 04, 2008, 10:45:59 pm »

Quote from: Webadict

That sounds very ominous. I presume I won't be conjuring a nuke next turn to save the world?
Good luck finding it.

Let's just say that if this whole thing is waiting on a player, I'm extremely impatient. If it's waiting on webadict, let's just say I have freshed bake cookies.
It's waiting on me. I'm being slow on the rolls, but I want to write more than normally, because I'll roll the TURN BEFORE to determine if the world ends next turn.

By the way, you've got enough to handle. The world will be saved by the living.

EDIT: Almost done. I've got a few Statuses to update and a lot of Challenges and stuff to do.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 01:18:03 am by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 05, 2008, 11:43:11 am »

Awwww, I'm warped?  Well shucks.  Was it the swiss army hand or did I make a choice that wasn't lawful good?  An interesting twist of the plot, to say the least.  Oh well, might as well go back into the zoo then.

I use the power of light to destroy/nullify the power of Akroma's black attire.

Akroma, if you want to work together to figure out what the hell is going on, just say so and I'll change this.
I simply use my spikes to attack frelock
[Frelock: 3]/[Akroma: 2 + 1] - The two begin attacking each other. Spikes are shot, Swiss Army Hand Knives are charged with energy, Shadow and light auras are everywhere. Suddenly, a man appears from nowhere. Voices start shouting.

How'd he get in there?!
He'll ruin the experiment!
Stop him!

The man starts pulls out a gun and starts shooting at the walls. Screams can be heard. He turns to Frelock and Akroma, now stopped and starts speaking.
“We need to go! It's your kids, Marty! Something's gotta be done about your kids! (Just kidding) You need to get back into the Zoo!”
Frelock responds, “Why?” Akroma stands silently, watching the man.
“You're the key and lock! If you don't make it back, the world will end!”
Akroma replies, “We're not it. The voices said so.”
The man looks puzzled. “That... that can't be. No... this makes no s—“ The man is cut off as a Shadow Spike drills into his head. [6 + 1] (EPIC ATTACK!) His head explodes!
Frelock is stunned. “He was trying to help us out of here!”
[6] Akroma takes the man's gun. “No, I'm getting out of here!” She fires a shot at Frelock! [Akroma: 5]/[Frelock: 2] Frelock is surprised by the sudden attack! [1 + 1]/[1 – 1] (EPIC FAILURE DAMAGE!) Frelock is shot in the neck. He's falls to the floor.
Akroma continues searching the man, [1] but she can't find what she's looking for. Mechanical arms sprout from the walls and head straight for Akroma! [4 + 2 + 1] (EPIC DODGE) She charges some Shadow Spikes. (+3 to damage) [3 + 3 + 2 + 1] (EPIC DAMAGE!) She shoots every single arm that appears, turning them all into scrap metal.
Frelock lays on the ground bleeding. He starts sinking into the floor. The floor starts to cover his wound, and he stops bleeding. He feels something appear in his hand. It is a cylinder metal object with a button on top.

Keys...Locks...Doors. I don't really understand what is going on, so if anybody has a better idea for my action, please state it.

I conjure up an amulet of light, infusing it with my own soul, and place it on Boksi (I've always wanted to be a sentient artifact).
Sorry Boksi. If I fail, you might want to try to destroy the amulet before it takes control of you.

Edit - Could it be that the door is the Dewprism? Who would the new key be then?
[1 + 2] – You concentrate on an amulet of light, finding one eventually. You try to conjure it forth but are instead pulled to the object! Something attacks you! [6] It misses you by a mile! You then hear a voice.

So you're the one who's been taking my stuff!

The voice comes from an old man in the corner. His left side of his body seems to be a mechanical monstrosity, with several gadgets and gizmos. He appears to be hold some sort of orb in his right hand. He starts speaking again.

Yes, after some of my things started disappearing, I made this little thing to stop it.

He holds up the orb. It shines fairly brightly. He then pushes a button with one of the gadgets on his body.

Unfortunately, I can't let you leave here. I'm a little surprised, but I've dealt with you ghosts before.

A net comes down from above. [1] You are trapped inside, unable to move. (-2 to dodge, -1 to damage) The old man hits several buttons on his left side. His body starts vibrating. A giant laser cannon comes out from the top! [4 – 2] It fires a laser right at you! (-1 to damage) [5 – 1 – 1] It hits you! You lose your summoning abilities! You also feel like you cannot teleport.

Escape now.

The old man then turns toward a table full of machinery and metal. He is diligently working.

I work out what Death's Scythe can do for me.
[6] – You look at the scythe intensely and suddenly realize something. You can't die. You beat Death, and now Death can no longer take your soul! Apparently, you also control Nirur Torir's soul, since you took it. Anything killed by the scythe is under your control. You now gain a +1 to accuracy using it.

I give my army a rousing speech to remove their fear of shadows
[3] – You give your army a speech. They try to dispel their fear! {+1 to Scorpion Army's roll next turn}

Scorpion Army
[3 + 1] – They manage to overcome their fear!

I like Boksi method, I'm making this my new action. For heads, I'll try to set the whole room on fire, for tails I'll posess Boki's shadow (like how Peter Pan has a sentient shadow). Flip it, call it, catch it, flip it, show it...... heads!!! HAwhahwhahwhahahwhahaha!!! My new action is setting all of the room on fire via particle manipulation!
[2] – You concentrate on setting the room on fire, only to see the room darken. You look around and see a floating figure carrying a scythe... He rushes at you! [5] You ready yourself for the figure's attack! (+1 to damage) [4 + 1] You dodge the scythe!

I'll go into the mirror room, and ready myself for what may be in there.

Also, Jay, I think I burned all of the shadows...
(unless more are coming)
[2] – You fly toward the mirrored hallway but stop in the gravity room to see...

Oh hell, I'm on my own now...

Alright, I go back through the portal and pick up the Dewprism with my left hand.

Boksi, take off the amulet! It's the only way to get us out of here alive! We have to destroy it!
[2] – You run out of the hallway, getting all the way to the gravity room. You pick up the knife only to hear a shrill cry.

NO!!!

A spike hits your hand, causing it to drop. Another one flies at you! [6] Your hand absorbs the Shadow Spike. The Shadow Queen seems extremely puzzled, only to see your hand is slightly darkened. You try and pick up the knife with your other hand, but it burns your hand!

Well, shucks. Still, it's only a game.

Hmmm. Should I follow my calling, or should I rebel? I shall answer in the obvious fashion.

Heads, I help the shadows. Tails, I help the light. GO COIN FLIP!

TAILS!

For this turn, at least... I'll fight the shadow, uh, infection, infusion, whatever it is.
[4] – You try to lift the Shadow Amulet off from around your neck. It's heavier than anything. You try and fight the spreading of the darkness from within you. You hear a voice inside of you.

Get rid of the knife and you'll rule forever...

You continue fighting it. You hit the Amulet. You yank at it. It just doesn't come off. Dark rushes into the room and picks up the knife! The voice whispers to you:

Don't let him get you. You have the power to control him.

The Shadow Queen appears. She launches a few Shadow Spikes at Dark.

Use the Amulet to control him!

NPC Actions:
Death [3] – Death continues his attacks against sonerohi! [Death: 5]/[sonerohi: 5] Death's swings his scythe but sonerohi stops it with his hand and hits Death [Death: 6]/[sonerohi: 6] Death stops the punch midair! He swings his scythe back around! [Death: 5]/[sonerohi: 3] It slashes sonerohi's left arm off! sonerohi jumps back!

Challenges:

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 8:00 PM.

Challenge 9: Light and Dark?
Players: Frelock and Akroma
Frelock and Akroma both appear in a black and white world. Frelock is slightly faster than Akroma at adjusting to the new world, and is able to get to Akroma. He raises his Swiss Army Knife Hand and swings, only to freeze within centimeters of her face. Frelock and Akroma can't seem to move, as if somebody had frozen them both.
A voice rings out, “The key and the lock are now present, but where is the door?”
Another voice answers the first, “I thought the door was on its way.”
The first voice replies, “It's impossible now. The key is changed. It's been warped.”
Second voice: “What about the wisher? He might be able to make a new key.”
First: “No. It'd never work.”
Second: “The whole set is messed up. We may need to start all over.”
First: “There seems to be a new lock forming... Odd.”
Second: “And the key to that one is clearly untainted.”
First: “I suppose, but there's hardly any time.”
A new third voice sounds out. “What do we do with these ones?”
First: “Hmm... We'll let them fight it out. Whoever survives will be allowed back into the zoo.”
Reality seems to begin letting you move again. Akroma pushes out of the way of the knife and stands up.

Challenge 10: The Shadow King
Players: Boksi
Boksi, now wearing the Shadow Amulet, starts to turn darker. He starts to hear a voice speak:

All hail the Shadow King! In a little bit, the Amulet will darken the world forever, and we will rule it all.

The Shadow Queen then hisses at the knife lying on the ground. She screams, Why is that here!

Challenge 11: The Full Moon
Players: Everyone!
Full Moon Roll
[3] – The Full Moon will not appear next turn.

Status Rolls:
None

Kashyyk: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. Glowing. Has Swiss Army Hand Knife. In a white and black world.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the gravity room. Right hand covered in black stuff.
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Knows some karate. In the canyon room. Scorpion General. Wearing metal armor.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken nose. Has Fire Mastery. Avatar of Flames. In the gravity room.
Akroma: Wearing Shadow Queen Attire. Shadow Parasol in right hand. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. In a white and black world. Holding a gun.
Nurir Torir: A ghost. Whereabouts unknown.
Boksi: Naked. Has Minor Levitation. Merged with Shadow Queen. Can summon Shadow Spikes. King of Shadows. Metal-meshed. Wearing Shadow Amulet. In the gravity room.
sonerohi: A ghost. No left arm. In the mirrored hallway(?).

NPC Status:
Shadow Queen: Merged with Boksi.
Scorpion Army: Following Jay Kayell. In the canyon room. Covered in black stuff.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Spoiler: List of those killed (click to show/hide)
Amulet of Shadows
White Soft Washcloth

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. It is broken down. The voice seems to have stopped. Nirur Torir's knife is on the ground.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. The room is covered in burns.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Some of the mirrors are shattered. There is a glowing hole that is a portal.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 05, 2008, 12:10:54 pm »

Alas, my poor summoning ability, I shall miss you. I did guess that was coming though, since I couldn't really fail a summon roll with that +2 bonus  :(

I ask the man what he knows of the Dewprism. I also apologize for stealing from him, saying that it was to help save the world. If there's still time, I ask if he can give me any help.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 17 and Lock, Keys and Doorways out of here!
« Reply #294 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:05 pm »

COME ON; SHADDOWS !

I try to use whateevr shadow powers I have to help the fullmoon surface this turn.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 05, 2008, 12:41:45 pm »

I summon Nirur Torir's soul back to the Zoo, preferably binding him to my will but if that is considered cruel/difficult/pointless then I won't

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 05, 2008, 01:39:31 pm »

Quote from: Kashyyk
I summon Nirur Torir's soul back to the Zoo, preferably binding him to my will but if that is considered cruel/difficult/pointless then I won't

Thanks, my current situation doesn't look so good. I think I'm already bound to you or something though.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 05, 2008, 02:14:38 pm »

I just added that as fluff, it probably won't do anything special.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 05, 2008, 02:36:24 pm »

I pick up the Dewprism. My army shall help me get it.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 05, 2008, 02:36:56 pm »

I just added that as fluff, it probably won't do anything special.
Oh... won't it?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41