Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77805 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 15 and The Fall Of The Mad Man!
« Reply #255 on: December 01, 2008, 12:03:19 am »

In that case, I brace myself, so I can proficently deal with the comming onslaught.
[2] – You try and brace yourself for oncoming attacks, but you're not really sure what they'll do. So you whip out your parasol and open it at Frelock. [2] He's barely phased by the reflected light, being as he's made out of it.

Ah, then I'd better change my action.

I kill the shadow cavemen with the help of my army.
[5] – You rush the cavemen and start attacking the ones covered in black.

Scorpion Army
[3 - 1] – Your army is less inclined, as they still consider them Shadows.

I'm guessing that since Akroma is either a ghost or made out of pure shadows (the phase through thingy) that I'm the only one that can stop her rampage. So...

Ignoring my flesh wound, I'll use my new mysteriously ghostiness to engage Akrom in a wrestling match, preferably of the thumbs.
[1] – You rush Akroma, but as you are about to hit her, the Shadow Queen stops you. It seems she is just as ethereal as you are. She launches a few ghostly spikes at you! [6]/[3 + 1] You manage to avoid them. You then try to punch the Shadow Queen. [2]/[4 + 2] You don't even get close. This goes on for some time.

I wipe away all the rest of the puddles, if there are not any left I wip the black dtuff off of all the cavemen/scorpion soldiers I can find.
[3] – You start to wipe away all the remaining puddles. You manage to wipe up a few, before...

I hurl fireballs at the black puddles.
[6 + 3] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) – You propel yourself into the air and start chanting. “Ka...me...ha...me...HA!” You launch a giant stream of fire at all the puddles. They evaporate in a horrible hissing noise. Unfortunately, this also sets the whole room on fire! [Kashyyk: 3], [Jay Kayell: 5 – 1 + 1], [Scorpion Army: 5], [Cavemen: 3], [Shadow Cavemen: 2] Jay Kayell manages to crawl along the walls of the room, followed closely by his army. Everyone else is slightly engulfed in flames. [Kashyyk: 6], [Cavemen: 3], [Shadow Cavemen: 3 - 1] Death's Scythe appears in Kashyyk's hand! He can't seem to feel the fire around him. The Cavemen and Shadow Cavemen are not so lucky, burning up in the fire. {Shadow Cavemen and Cavemen roll to survive, Shadow Cavemen -1 to survival}

Dark
[5] – You try and sucker punch Akroma in the kidney. (+1 to accuracy) [3 + 1]/[Akroma: 1 + 2] Akroma doesn't see it in time! [2]/[Akroma: 3 + 2] Your hand only turns darker, but at least you distract Akroma enough to help Frelock. {+1 to Frelock's accuracy and damage this turn}

I infuse my knife-arm with holy light and smite Akroma in the side.

(If this succeeds, I can finally say I smote someone).
[5] – You can't seem to infuse it with holy light, but your Swiss Army Hand does glow! You attack Akroma while she's distracted. (+1 to accuracy) [6 + 1 + 1]/[Akroma: 1 + 2] (EPIC ACCURACY!) You manage to appear right at Akroma's side, ready to attack! (+3 to damage) [4 + 3 + 1]/[Akroma: 6 + 2] (EPIC... TIE?) Akroma grabs the knife just as it is about to stab her. Light and Shadow mix in a sort of chaotic blend. It grows uncontrolled, expanding exponentially from its source.

Chaos Roll
[Akroma: 3], [Frelock: 4], [Dark: 5], [sonerohi: 5], [Shadow Queen: 5]
The area turns bright. Akroma disappears into the chaotic nothingness, as well as Frelock. Dark shields his eyes from the brightness, only opening his eyes after the brightness disappeared. Akroma and Frelock are nowhere to be seen. sonerohi is blinded by the chaos, as well. When he is able to see again, he finds that the Shadow Queen is no longer in sight.

Hey, a non-shiny amulet, lying on the ground, completely unprotected. I use my ghostly teleport skill to get back to the canyon room teleport near Boksi. I then focus very hard on using my conjuration skill to summon the amulet near the Dewprism. I wonder what'll happen if Boksi strikes the amulet with it. If not, at least it'll be away from Akroma.
[6 + 2] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) - You teleport next to the running Boksi and conjure forth the Shadow Amulet. It appears... around Boksi's neck! The amulet starts to turn his skin black!

Hmmm. I stab one of the mirrors with dewprism. I wonder what I'll hit if I get a good roll?
[6] – You continue running to the mirrored hallway. You manage to make it into the first room and jump into the gravity room, levitating down to the ground. You take another step and suddenly see an amulet around your neck. It's icy cold, and starts to turn your skin darker. You try to yank it off, but it feels heavy in your hands. You see some liquid metal flow along the walls, and into your body. The knife in your hand burns incredibly, so you throw it into a mirror. It stabs into one, slicing it down the middle as it falls. You then hear a young, feminine voice:

All hail the Shadow King!

NPC Actions:
None

Challenges:
Challenge 5: The Shadow War
Players: Kashyyk, Frelock, Jay Kayell and anyone else who enters the canyon room.
Some of the cavemen are being engulfed in black. Some of the cavemen are being controlled by the black puddles. They are now starting to attack the other cavemen.

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 7:50 PM.

Challenge 9: Light and Dark?
Players: Frelock and Akroma
Frelock and Akroma both appear in a black and white world. Frelock is slightly faster than Akroma at adjusting to the new world, and is able to get to Akroma. He raises his Swiss Army Knife Hand and swings, only to freeze within centimeters of her face. Frelock and Akroma can't seem to move, as if somebody had frozen them both.
A voice rings out, “The key and the lock are now present, but where is the door?”
Another voice answers the first, “I thought the door was on its way.”
The first voice replies, “It's impossible now. The key is changed. It's been warped.”
Second voice: “What about the wisher? He might be able to make a new key.”
First: “No. It'd never work.”
Second: “The whole set is messed up. We may need to start all over.”
First: “There seems to be a new lock forming... Odd.”
Second: “And the key to that one is clearly untainted.”
First: “I suppose, but there's hardly any time.”
A new third voice sounds out. “What do we do with these ones?”
First: “Hmm... We'll let them fight it out. Whoever survives will be allowed back into the zoo.”
Reality seems to begin letting you move again. Akroma pushes out of the way of the knife and stands up.

Challenge 10: The Shadow King
Players: Boksi
Boksi, now wearing the Shadow Amulet, starts to turn darker. He starts to hear a voice speak:

All hail the Shadow King! In a little bit, the Amulet will darken the world forever, and we will rule it all.

The Shadow Queen then hisses at the knife lying on the ground. She screams, Why is that here!

Status Rolls:
Cavemen [6] – The cavemen survive the burns.
Shadow Cavemen [4 – 1] – The fire seems to have burned all the Shadow Cavemen.

Kashyyk: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. Glowing. Has Swiss Army Hand Knife. In a white and black world.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the mirrored hall(?). Right hand covered in black stuff.
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Knows some karate. In the canyon room. Scorpion General. Wearing metal armor.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken nose. Has Fire Mastery. Avatar of Flames. On theother side of the canyon room.
Akroma: Wearing Shadow Queen Attire. Shadow Parasol in right hand. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. In a white and black world.
Nurir Torir: A ghost. In the mirrored hallway(?). Has Item Summoning.
Boksi: Naked. Has Minor Levitation. Merged with Shadow Queen. Can summon Shadow Spikes. King of Shadows. Metal-meshed. Wearing Shadow Amulet. In the gravity room.
sonerohi: A ghost. In the mirrored hallway(?).

NPC Status:
Shadow Queen: Merged with Boksi.
Scorpion Army: Following Jay Kayell. In the canyon room. Afraid of the Shadow beings. Covered in black stuff.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Amulet of Shadows
White Soft Washcloth

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. It is broken down. The voice seems to have stopped. Nirur Torir's knife is on the ground.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. The room is covered in burns.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Some of the mirrors are shattered. There is a glowing hole that is a portal.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 16 and The Shadow King!
« Reply #256 on: December 01, 2008, 12:38:28 am »

Awwww, I'm warped?  Well shucks.  Was it the swiss army hand or did I make a choice that wasn't lawful good?  An interesting twist of the plot, to say the least.  Oh well, might as well go back into the zoo then.

I use the power of light to destroy/nullify the power of Akroma's black attire.

Akroma, if you want to work together to figure out what the hell is going on, just say so and I'll change this.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:40:40 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 01, 2008, 01:11:58 am »

This RTD is seriously epic.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 01, 2008, 07:51:21 am »

Lock and key euphemism

I use the power of light to destroy/nullify Akroma's black attire.

Wait....WHAT ?

As a free action, I use my metal blood to transorm my hymen into an impenetrable ironwall.

As my official action, I turn my parasol into a sword of darkness

no time for that

I simply use my spikes to attack frelock
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:55:35 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 01, 2008, 09:15:22 am »

Keys...Locks...Doors. I don't really understand what is going on, so if anybody has a better idea for my action, please state it.

I conjure up an amulet of light, infusing it with my own soul, and place it on Boksi (I've always wanted to be a sentient artifact).
Sorry Boksi. If I fail, you might want to try to destroy the amulet before it takes control of you.

Edit - Could it be that the door is the Dewprism? Who would the new key be then?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:28:53 am by Nirur Torir »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 01, 2008, 09:48:22 am »

Lock and key euphemism

Wait....WHAT ?

The real question is, who's the door? ;)

I thought there would be some who'd see it that way (one of the reasons I used "attire" instead of "clothes" and "destroy/nullify" rather than "take off").  Trust me, Akroma, it's strictly to get rid of your bonuses and give you -3 to dodge, -3 to damage.  The only reason you're alive right now is because of that +2 to damage you got.

Wait a second.  How did Akroma get a +2 to damage?  She should have gotten either a +1 or a +3.  She has the +1 to all damage rolls from being metal-meshed, and a +2 from the darkness (if the area around her is considered dark, which is sketchy considering my glowing should hopefully cancel that out.  Also she has to actively make areas around her dark, whereas I get emit light passively).
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 09:50:20 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 01, 2008, 10:40:59 am »

Lock and key euphemism

Wait....WHAT ?

The real question is, who's the door? ;)

I thought there would be some who'd see it that way (one of the reasons I used "attire" instead of "clothes" and "destroy/nullify" rather than "take off").  Trust me, Akroma, it's strictly to get rid of your bonuses and give you -3 to dodge, -3 to damage.  The only reason you're alive right now is because of that +2 to damage you got.

Wait a second.  How did Akroma get a +2 to damage?  She should have gotten either a +1 or a +3.  She has the +1 to all damage rolls from being metal-meshed, and a +2 from the darkness (if the area around her is considered dark, which is sketchy considering my glowing should hopefully cancel that out.  Also she has to actively make areas around her dark, whereas I get emit light passively).
...Um... for lack of having to go back and fix it, your attack was purely light-based (into your Swiss Army Hand, which had its +1), ergo, giving her only the dark bonus (So, basically it did not apply, as it never was meant to stab her, only smote.).

As well, she does not make the area around her dark. The clothing she wears does. So, her bonuses still apply, since she is still wearing them (and they are always active).

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 01, 2008, 12:03:00 pm »

I work out what Death's Scythe can do for me.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 01, 2008, 12:18:16 pm »

Oh hell, I'm on my own now...

Alright, I go back through the portal and pick up the Dewprism with my left hand.

Boksi, take off the amulet! It's the only way to get us out of here alive! We have to destroy it!
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 01, 2008, 12:50:15 pm »

Lock and key euphemism

Wait....WHAT ?

As a free action, I use my metal blood to transorm my hymen into an impenetrable ironwall.
lol, "I am the keymaster. Are you the gatekeeper?"

Wow... I don't think it's supposed to be like that... That's not gonna be happening here.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 01, 2008, 01:26:33 pm »

I give my army a rousing speech to remove their fear of shadows
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 01, 2008, 02:45:27 pm »

I'll go into the mirror room, and ready myself for what may be in there.

Also, Jay, I think I burned all of the shadows...
(unless more are coming)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 01, 2008, 02:56:56 pm »

Boksi is now the king of shadows, if they have to fight him I'd prefer if they were not afraid.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 01, 2008, 04:29:37 pm »

Umm.... I *think* I might be the wisher or the door. The whole thing is shrouded in mystery, and who's the mysterious ghost?

I'll try to use my etherealness to transcend this plane and search down where Frelock and Akroma are.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 01, 2008, 05:09:33 pm »

I'm most likely the wisher, as I can conjure items. I'm also a mysterious ghost. Boo.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41