Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77793 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 14 and The Washcloth!
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2008, 01:33:49 pm »

Sorry. Went to the hospital, so there wasn't much I could do. I'll get them up in a bit.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2008, 01:48:55 pm »

We knew you wouldn't abandon us! All hail the glory of the Baker!
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2008, 02:23:41 pm »

Hail Baker! Oh glorious confectionizer of the delicious pastries and rolls! Oh master of the icing and fillings!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 15 and Another One Bites The Dark!
« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2008, 02:45:57 pm »

I use the power of light to heal Dark (what irony).  If I could also fix up my right arm at the same time, that would be great.
[4 + 1(One-time healing bonus)] – You manage to slow his bleeding with your light power, as well as your Swiss Army Hand starts working on the wound. He is only bleeding moderately now.

I go get the Dewprism myself. I order my army to attack the cavemen who have been taken by puddles.
[1] – You try to get the knife, but the black stuff on your armor attaches to your skin! (-2 to accuracy) [4 + 1 - 2] You try to knock it off! [6] It flies off onto the floor.

Scorpion Army
[2] – They try to attack the puddles. Some of them are attacked by the puddles! [4] They try to get out, [3] but they seem to be covered in black stuff.

I use my mastery of fire to propel myself to the other side of the canyon, to search for something of interest.
[2] – You propel yourself to the other side, but find nothing but the remains of fires.

Using special ghostly transportation powers, I go help Frelock heal Dark by conjuring some sort of useful healing item.
[5] – You teleport next to Dark and start healing him. Despite your lack of real healing powers, Dark is no longer bleeding. {New Ghost Power: Teleportation}

Change of plans, since two people are trying to heal me;

I grab a broken glass shard off the ground and stab Akroma with it! I aim for her withered black heart.

Since the mirrors were exploding earlier, I presume that the floor is covered in broken glass.
[6] – You grab a giant glass shard that's on the ground. (+2 to accuracy, +1 to attack) [6 + 2 – 1]/[2 + 2] (EPIC ACCURACY!) You aim right for Akroma's heart! (+3 to attack) [2 + 1 + 3]/[6 + 2] (Akroma: EPIC BLOCK!) However, the glass shard phases right through Akroma! As you touch the Shadow clothing, you feel cold. You pull back, only to see your hand covered in a black substance.

I get vengance on Akroma, by trying to jack (steal) her shadowy pendant. And, if I suceed, I'd like to do the minor action of stuffing it into my loincloth rags, around my waist. (Try and take it back then,  ;D).
[3] – You try and steal Akroma's pendant! You manage to yank it off of her, but before you can store it in your rags, you drop it.

I attempt an AoE attack, shooting a barracke of spkies in all directions, hopefully hitting everyone in the room.
[1 + 1] – You try and aim an attack at everyone, but as you are about to, sonerohi snatches your pendant, interrupting your concentration. You then aim an attack at him. [5 + 1]/[2] Your aim is astounding. (+2 to attack) [4 + 1 + 2]/[1] As sonerohi is trying to pick up the pendant, he is gouged through the head by a Shadow Spike. [3] He does not survive.

I wipe away all the Black puddles I can find with the 'White Soft Washcloth'.
[3] – You start wiping up with the Washcloth. You start to notice the Washcloth getting darker. You pick it up and hold it out. The bottom Ό of the washcloth is now black. As you tilt it, the black moves around like a liquid inside a container.

Eh, I'll just do something completely random. Like punch someone in the face.
[6] – You pick up the knife. It feels warm in your hands. You phase out for a second, realizing something important that you saw in your mental journeys. You start running for mirrored hallway, but you only manage to make it to the first hallway.

NPC Actions:

Cavemen [1] – The cavemen try in desperation to remove the black stuff from their brethren. They only manage to get themselves covered.

Black Puddles [2] – The black puddles try to attack more cavemen, but no one is near enough.

Black-Covered Cavemen [2] – Some of the black-covered cavemen start attacking the other cavemen! (-1 to attack)[2 – 1] They look as if they're trying to hold back as much as they can. (-2 to attack) [2 – 2] (EPIC FAILURE!) They don't do any real damage.

Shadow Queen [1] – The Shadow Queen can't seem to muster up enough energy to help Akroma.

Challenges:
Challenge 5: The Shadow War
Players: Kashyyk, Frelock, Jay Kayell and anyone else who enters the canyon room.
Some of the cavemen are being engulfed in black. Some of the cavemen are being controlled by the black puddles. They are now starting to attack the other cavemen.

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 7:40 PM.

Challenge 7: Lost His Way
Players: Frelock, Dark, Akroma, sonerohi, and everyone inside the mirrors.
Frelock wanders around the mirrored hallway he seems to be in. The mirrors don't seem to reflect anything, while Dark walks with him, staring into the mirrors, watching him go by. As Frelock walks down the hallway, he looks into one of the paintings. It's a picture of him, oddly enough, pointing down the hall. The mirrors have started exploding. There is a man and some dark red writing on the wall. The Shadow Queen is blocking a white portal out of the world.

Status Rolls:
None

Kashyyk: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the mirrored hall(?). Glowing. Has Swiss Army Hand Knife.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the mirrored hall(?). Right hand covered in black stuff.
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Knows some karate. In the canyon room. Scorpion General. Wearing metal armor.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken nose. Has Fire Mastery. Avatar of Flames. On theother side of the canyon room.
Akroma: Wearing Shadow Queen Attire. Shadow Parasol in right hand. In the gravity room. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. Merged with Shadow Queen. In the mirrored hallway(?).
Nurir Torir: A ghost. In the mirrored hallway(?). Has Item Summoning.
Boksi: Naked. Has Minor Levitation. In the barred hallway. [/acronym=See Artifacts.]Has Dewprism.[/acronym]
sonerohi: A ghost. In the mirrored hallway.

NPC Status:
Shadow Queen: Merged with Akroma.
Scorpion Army: Following Jay Kayell. In the canyon room. Afraid of the Shadow beings. Covered in black stuff.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Amulet of Shadows
White Soft Washcloth

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. It is broken down. The voice seems to have stopped.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. There are cavemen on the the entrance side of the canyon, attacking the Shadows. There are puddles of black stuff on the ground in various places.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Dark and Frelock seem to be walking inside the mirrors. Some of the mirrors are shattered. There is a glowing hole that is a portal. Akroma's pendant is on the floor in the mirrors.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:17:44 pm by webadict »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 15 and The Fall Of The Mad Man!
« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2008, 02:58:04 pm »

That's 2 to go.

I attempt to attack Frelock, so he can not complete the healing of Dark.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2008, 03:01:06 pm »

I take up my father's sword the Dewprism and strike down the shadow cavemen.
I order my army to join me in the attack.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 25, 2008, 03:01:29 pm »

That's 2 to go.

I attempt to attack Frelock, so he can not complete the healing of Dark.
Healing? Dark isn't bleeding anymore. Or do you mean the black stuff on his hand?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 25, 2008, 03:05:49 pm »

He is only bleeding moderately now.

oh wait, he was healed by two guys

In that case, I brace myself, so I can proficently deal with the comming onslaught.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:08:15 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 25, 2008, 03:08:50 pm »

Hey, a non-shiny amulet, lying on the ground, completely unprotected. I use my ghostly teleport skill to get back to the canyon room teleport near Boksi. I then focus very hard on using my conjuration skill to summon the amulet near the Dewprism. I wonder what'll happen if Boksi strikes the amulet with it. If not, at least it'll be away from Akroma.

Oh, and Akroma, I stopped the bleeding. Bah, you fixed that before I posted.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 03:22:15 pm by Nirur Torir »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 25, 2008, 03:18:31 pm »

Hey, a non-shiny amulet, lying on the ground, completely unprotected. I use my ghostly teleport skill to get back to the canyon room. I then focus very hard on using my conjuration skill to summon the amulet near the Dewprism, yet away from any puddles. I wonder what'll happen if somebody strikes the amulet with it.

Oh, and Akroma, I stopped the bleeding.
Also, Boksi has the knife. I think I fixed the parts saying otherwise.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 25, 2008, 03:22:55 pm »

Ah, then I'd better change my action.

I kill the shadow cavemen with the help of my army.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 25, 2008, 04:46:24 pm »

I wipe away all the rest of the puddles, if there are not any left I wip the black dtuff off of all the cavemen/scorpion soldiers I can find.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 25, 2008, 05:45:48 pm »

I'm guessing that since Akroma is either a ghost or made out of pure shadows (the phase through thingy) that I'm the only one that can stop her rampage. So...

Ignoring my flesh wound, I'll use my new mysteriously ghostiness to engage Akrom in a wrestling match, preferably of the thumbs.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 25, 2008, 07:29:40 pm »

I smash the shadow parasol with my knife-hand (not Akroma, she's ready for my attack).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:53:11 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 25, 2008, 09:22:57 pm »

I hurl fireballs at the black puddles.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41