Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77734 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 13 and The Answers are Clear!
« Reply #195 on: November 19, 2008, 09:52:56 am »

I'll just pop around to wherever it is that Dark, Frelock, Akroma and the Shadow Queen are fighting, and help whichever side is losing.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 19, 2008, 11:04:19 am »

I charge over to the knife and attack the shadow figures while JK's army get the knife. I also ask some of them to help me fight the shadows aswell, if possible.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 01:23:30 pm by Kashyyk »

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 19, 2008, 11:26:20 am »

You guys better grab that knife and get down to the mirror hall quick. If Frelock fails to kill the Shadow Queen then we've only got 3 turns until the full moon starts to appear. Oh, and Frelock, looks like your right arm is still broken. We should get that fixed up before Akroma impales you.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:33:07 am by Dark »
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 19, 2008, 01:06:00 pm »

I bake some of the shadow beings with flames from my hands.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2008, 08:45:22 pm »

You guys better grab that knife and get down to the mirror hall quick. If Frelock fails to kill the Shadow Queen then we've only got 3 turns until the full moon starts to appear. Oh, and Frelock, looks like your right arm is still broken. We should get that fixed up before Akroma impales you.

I'm punching the shadow queen/ Akroma so I'm doing my part. Crazy ass old people being meatshield distractions, ftw!!

Oh and webadict... Am I naked or do I have pajamas?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2008, 08:48:29 pm »

You have hobo rags. Crazy old man...

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 20, 2008, 08:35:56 am »

Boksi on the other hand is completely naked.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 20, 2008, 02:17:30 pm »

I need no clothes.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2008, 03:55:17 pm »

Yeah, I'll get rolls up soon. I'm just really busy what with school and all.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2008, 05:37:06 pm »

I join the shadow queen. We must protect this portal.

In other words, I join the shadow queen and attempt to kill Frelock

The area around me is considered dark, and the area around him is considered bright, so we should cancel each other out.
[3] – You run all the way down the hall and jump into the portal.

I order my army to bring me the Dewprism! I also help them fight any remaining shadows near it.
[6] – You start attacking the Shadows while your army retrieves the knife. You jump on the face of one Shadow. (+2 to accuracy) [3 + 2 + 1] You aim your stinger right for its face! (+2 to attack) [3 + 2 + 1] You skewer it through the face. It explodes in black! Some more latches onto your armor.

Scorpion Army
[1] – Your army tries to retrieve the knife, but the Shadows seem to frighten them.

I grab onto the Shadow Queen so that Frelock has an easier time cutting her up!
[3] – You try and hold the Shadow Queen back, but she shoots some spikes out of herself. [2] Since you're trying to hold onto her, they're hard to dodge. (-1 to damage) [1 – 1] (EPIC FAILURE!) They stab into you, puncturing your lungs. You fall to the ground. {Critical Bleeding: Roll to survive, Roll to control, -2 to control checks, -2 to all damage rolls} {Winded: -2 to dodge, -2 to damage next turn}

I strike down the Shadow Queen with my glowing knife, seeking revenge for her attempts to attack me (go padlock!).  The shadows will fall!  Light will prevail!
[5 + 1] – You run at the Shadow Queen. She's slightly distracted stabbing Dark, and you manage to get right next to her before she notices. (+2 to damage) [5 + 2] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) She can't seem to move out of the way! (+3 to damage) [2 + 3 + 1] You cut the Shadow Queen in two. The two pieces liquify and flow back into Akroma. You hear a faint whisper saying, “I have only partially succeeded...”

I turn back around and moonwalk back towards the portal from whence I came, hopefully popping back into that room, and I'll attempt to... hm... punch the shadow queen in the ribs.
[5] – You moonwalk back into the portal just in time to see the Shadow Queen disappear, so instead you punch Akroma in the gut! [3]/[4 + 2] She grabs your fist right as you get close, twists your arm behind your back, and smashes your face into the floor. [2] You have little time to react, (-1 to damage) [6 – 1] but you manage to roll out of the way of hitting anything important.

Good, we seem to be winning the war.

I focus very hard on conjuring up a special mop, with the strands made out of unicorn hair. That should be able to fight shadow puddles, right?
[6 + 2] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) - You concentrate on a mop of unicorn hairs that will soak up the black puddles. You hear another *POP* and before you lies... a washcloth? It's smooth, softer than silk. It's so white that it seems to be glowing. As it falls to the ground, Kashyyk manages to catch it.

I'll just pop around to wherever it is that Dark, Frelock, Akroma and the Shadow Queen are fighting, and help whichever side is losing.
[1] – You just stand there, looking really weird.

I charge over to the knife and attack the shadow figures while JK's army get the knife. I also ask some of them to help me fight the shadows aswell, if possible.
[6] – You rush at the Shadows, slicing at the first one! (+2 to accuracy) [2 + 2] You manage to hit it! [6] He turns into a puddle.

I bake some of the shadow beings with flames from my hands.
[6] – You throw flames at the last of the Shadows. (+2 to accuracy) [1 + 2] They don't have much time to dodge. [4 + 3] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) They explode, leaving flaming black puddles behind.

NPC Actions:

Cavemen [5] – The Cavemen try and light their spears on fire with some of the first from the black puddles. [1] They only manage to fall in themselves

Black Puddles [4] – The puddles take over some of the cavemen!

Challenges:
Challenge 5: The Shadow War
Players: Kashyyk, Frelock, Jay Kayell and anyone else who enters the canyon room.
Some of the cavemen are being engulfed in black. Some of the cavemen are being controlled by the black puddles.

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 7:30 PM.

Challenge 7: Lost His Way
Players: Frelock, Dark, Akroma, sonerohi, and everyone inside the mirrors.
Frelock wanders around the mirrored hallway he seems to be in. The mirrors don't seem to reflect anything, while Dark walks with him, staring into the mirrors, watching him go by. As Frelock walks down the hallway, he looks into one of the paintings. It's a picture of him, oddly enough, pointing down the hall. The mirrors have started exploding. There is a man and some dark red writing on the wall. Akroma is blocking a white portal out of the world.

Status Rolls:
Dark [4] (Survival) – You manage to survive another round.
Dark [3 - 2] (Control) – You can't stop the bleeding. {-1 to control check next turn}

Kashyyk: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Beat Death. Has Artifact Washcloth. In the canyon room.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the mirrored hall(?). Glowing. Has Swiss Army Hand Knife.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the mirrored hall(?). Critically Bleeding. Winded.
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Knows some karate. In the canyon room. Scorpion General. Wearing black-stained, metal armor.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken nose. Has Fire Mastery. Avatar of Flames. In the canyon room.
Akroma: Wearing Shadow Queen Attire. Shadow Parasol in right hand. Wearing Amulet of Shadows. In the gravity room. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. Merged with Shadow Queen. In the mirrored hallway(?).
Nurir Torir: A ghost. In the canyon room. Has Item Summoning.
Boksi: Naked. Has Minor Levitation.
sonerohi: Wearing rags. Crazy, old man. In the mirrored hallway(?).

NPC Status:
Shadow Queen: Merged with Akroma.
Scorpion Army: Following Jay Kayell. In the canyon room. Afraid of the Shadow beings.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Amulet of Shadows
White Soft Washcloth

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. It is broken down. The voice seems to have stopped.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. There are cavemen on the the entrance side of the canyon, attacking the Shadows. There are puddles of black stuff on the ground in various places. On the side nearest the entrance is Nurir Torir's knife.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Dark and Frelock seem to be walking inside the mirrors. Some of the mirrors are shattered. There is a glowing hole that is a portal.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 12:17:36 pm by webadict »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 20, 2008, 05:42:50 pm »

I use the power of light to heal Dark (what irony).  If I could also fix up my right arm at the same time, that would be great.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 20, 2008, 05:45:51 pm »

I go get the Dewprism myself. I order my army to attack the cavemen who have been taken by puddles.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 14 and The Washcloth!
« Reply #207 on: November 20, 2008, 06:13:37 pm »

I use my mastery of fire to propel myself to the other side of the canyon, to search for something of interest.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 20, 2008, 06:32:16 pm »

Huzzah, a special washcloth that I cannot use  :)(Status area needs to be updated). A scorpion with a knife should be interesting.

Using special ghostly transportation powers, I go help Frelock heal Dark by conjuring some sort of useful healing item.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2008, 06:39:12 pm »

New action: I grab a broken glass shard off the ground and stab Akroma with it! I aim for her withered black heart.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:58:06 am by Dark »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41