Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77711 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 12 and I cheated the rolls!
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2008, 10:05:14 am »

Alright, time to get to work.

I need an overview of this. What the hell is happening here and who is where?

I'll take a step to the side in the fifth dimension and observe the rest of you. Ever read Flatland?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2008, 11:20:49 am »

I start chopping up the remaining shadows in a cool way

@Webadict: Happy Birthday!!! + It still says Boksi and I are merged.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 04:41:02 pm by Kashyyk »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2008, 12:48:59 pm »

Happy birthday, and thanks for the healing (My status area isn't updated yet). Now, clearly, the knife is important, and the shadow beings must die. Sadly, they have anti-ghost weaponry, and I cannot fight them like this.

I focus very hard on conjuring a mechanical heart in my body.

Edit- Scratch that. Despite Kashyyk being too cool to need help, I conjure rocks to distract and harm the shadow beings. Assuming I somehow get out of this, I want to be able to brag that I helped save the world.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 06:57:47 pm by Nirur Torir »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2008, 01:33:05 pm »

Yes! My army has arrived!

With a thunderous roar I order my armada of scorpions to charge forward and slay the shadow mob!

(Happy birthday btw)
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2008, 01:45:52 pm »

Sorry about the bad statuses. Some of them I fixed and had to recopy over, and various other mishaps. Oh well. If anything's wrong just point it out and I might get to it. It's hard to read sometimes and there are now 9 of you + some NPCs.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2008, 04:39:51 pm »

I'll turn around, and then try to moonwalk towards the mirror that just turned white. And hopefully go through it.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 18, 2008, 08:38:36 pm »

Okay, almost all the rolls are done. Unfortunately, I'm gonna play dodgeball, so I'll have it up in about 2 hours. See ya!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2008, 12:49:17 am »

I, realizing that I am the key, suddenly begin glowing brightly with a golden light.  I also whip out the knife from my swiss army hand (if that isn't another action).
[5] – You manage to start glowing a bright gold. It makes you feel warm and happy on the inside. [6 - 1] You manage to turn your Swiss Army Hand into a knife! {Glowing: Areas around you considered bright} {Swiss Army Hand Knife: +1 to damage}

Using my new found power to light the area around me, I search for a way to reach the canyon room from my current position.

Also, happy birthday!  ;)
[4] – You yell “Flame on!” and fly out the hole in the wall. When you reach the room, you forget that gravity is switched and begin sliding against the floor. You're still being propelled by the fire behind you and you manage to make it to the entrance of the Canyon.

Well, time to get to work

I use my shadow spikes to kill dark
[3 + 1] – You shoot some spikes at Dark! [3] They're headed toward him! [2] Unfortunately, he jumps into the hole at the last second!

Ah shit.

Boogerman, use your fire powers to stop Akroma from killing me! Please? I treated your burns, remember? Don't let me die. :'(

I run for my life, every cell in my body screaming for me to stay alive. Through sheer terror and force of will I try to get to Frelock, somehow.

(Happy Birthday Webadict! By the way the status still list me as having a hammer.)
[6] – You dive into the hole to avoid the spikes! You dive out into the mirror in time to smash right into the Shadow Queen! [2] Unfortunately, you also head right into her spikes! (-1 to damage) [6 – 1] Despite yourself, you manage to only get a single scratch. The Shadow Queen is toppled onto the ground {-1 to Shadow Queen's action}

Alright, time to get to work.

I need an overview of this. What the hell is happening here and who is where?

I'll take a step to the side in the fifth dimension and observe the rest of you. Ever read Flatland?
[6] – You transcend the third and fourth dimension mentally, but not physically. You watch multiple worlds and times all happen at once. You can hardly decipher anything in this crazy place, but manage to point out the correct point and time. You see Akroma and the Shadow Queen fighting Dark and Frelock. You see Jay Kayell, the scorpion general. You see the Shadows fighting the knife. You look into the future, but there seems to be multiple timelines that stem off at each point. You can't deduce which one is yours, except that many of them end in darkness. You also see that Frelock saves the world in the remaining worlds, except in a few worlds, where the knife seems to be what saves them. You are then pulled back into this world.

I start chopping up the remaining shadows in a cool way

@Webadict: Happy Birthday!!! + It still says Boksi and I are merged.
[4] – You start spinning your scythe around. [2] You can't seem to hit any Shadows though.

Scratch that. Despite Kashyyk being too cool to need help, I conjure rocks to distract and harm the shadow beings. Assuming I somehow get out of this, I want to be able to brag that I helped save the world.
[5 + 2] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) - You summon forth several rocks that rocket into the Shadows! (+2 to accuracy) [3 + 2] They go through several Shadows, (+1 to attack) [6 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) causing them to explode in black puddles!

Yes! My army has arrived!

With a thunderous roar I order my armada of scorpions to charge forward and slay the shadow mob!

(Happy birthday btw)
[5] – You yell “Charge!” as loud as you can. You rush in and start fighting the remaining Shadows! [6 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) You some how use the karate you learned to slice Shadows with your tail. (+3 to attack) [3 + 3 + 1] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) You take down every Shadow you encounter. Some of the black lands on your armor.

Scorpion Army
[1] – Unfortunately, your army seems to be afraid of the Shadows and won't come near them! {Afraid of Shadows: -1 to accuracy on Shadow beings, -1 to attack Shadow beings}

I'll turn around, and then try to moonwalk towards the mirror that just turned white. And hopefully go through it.
[6] – You start to moonwalk towards the portal, seemingly right past the Shadow Queen. Fortunately, she cares little for you as you go through the portal. You manage to get out of the portal.

NPC Actions:

Shadow Queen [3 - 1] – Unfortunately, being on the ground seems to distract her from aiming. (-1 to accuracy) [3 – 1] The spikes shoot in random directions. Some of them get close to Frelock, but don't hit him.

Cavemen [4] – The cavemen try and fight the black puddles. [2] They don't succeed.

Shadow Mob [5] – The remaining 3 or 4 Shadows all strike the knife at once! (+1 to accuracy) [1 + 1] Again, there is no effect

Black Puddles [4] – The puddles try to latch onto some cavemen.

Challenges:
Challenge 5: The Shadow War
Players: Kashyyk, Frelock, Jay Kayell and anyone else who enters the canyon room.
The Shadows are continuing to attack Nurir Torir's knife. Some of the cavemen are being engulfed in black.

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 7:30 PM.

Challenge 7: Lost His Way
Players: Frelock, Dark and everyone inside the mirrors.
Frelock wanders around the mirrored hallway he seems to be in. The mirrors don't seem to reflect anything, while Dark walks with him, staring into the mirrors, watching him go by. As Frelock walks down the hallway, he looks into one of the paintings. It's a picture of him, oddly enough, pointing down the hall. The mirrors have started exploding. There is a man and some dark red writing on the wall. The Shadow Queen is blocking a white portal out of the world.

Kashyyk: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the mirrored hall(?). Glowing. Has Swiss Army Hand Knife.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the mirrored hall(?).
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Knows some karate. In the canyon room. Scorpion General. Wearing black-stained, metal armor.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken nose. Has Fire Mastery. Avatar of Flames. In the canyon room.
Akroma: Wearing Shadow Queen Attire. Shadow Parasol in right hand. Wearing Amulet of Shadows. In the gravity room. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. Merged with Shadow Queen. In the mirrored hallway.
Nurir Torir: A ghost. In the canyon room. Has Item Summoning.
Boksi: Naked. Has Minor Levitation.
sonerohi: Wearing rags. Crazy, old man. In the mirrored hallway.

NPC Status:
Shadow Queen: Merged with Akroma. Currently in the mirrors.
Scorpion Army: Following Jay Kayell. In the canyon room. Afraid of the Shadow beings.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Amulet of Shadows

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. It is broken down. The voice seems to have stopped.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. There are cavemen on the the entrance side of the canyon, attacking the Shadows. There are puddles of black stuff on the ground in various places. On the side nearest the entrance, there are Shadow creatures surrounding Nurir Torir's knife.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Dark and Frelock seem to be walking inside the mirrors. Some of the mirrors are shattered. There is a glowing hole that is a portal.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 02:43:45 pm by webadict »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 13 and The Answers are Clear!
« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2008, 01:17:40 am »

I join the shadow queen. We must protect this portal.

In other words, I join the shadow queen and attempt to kill Frelock

The area around me is considered dark, and the area around him is considered bright, so we should cancel each other out.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 01:31:16 am by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2008, 01:29:52 am »

I strike down the Shadow Queen with my glowing knife, seeking revenge for her attempts to attack me (go padlock!).  The shadows will fall!  Light will prevail!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2008, 07:22:43 am »

I order my army to bring me the Dewprism! I also help them fight any remaining shadows near it.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2008, 07:43:59 am »

I grab onto the Shadow Queen so that Frelock has an easier time cutting her up!
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 19, 2008, 08:21:15 am »

I turn back around and moonwalk back towards the portal from whence I came, hopefully popping back into that room, and I'll attempt to... hm... punch the shadow queen in the ribs.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2008, 08:57:32 am »

Good, we seem to be winning the war.

I focus very hard on conjuring up a special mop, with the strands made out of unicorn hair. That should be able to fight shadow puddles, right?

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2008, 09:39:38 am »

Nirur, that's pure genius.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41