Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77719 times)

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 11 and Death of the Fighter!
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2008, 06:13:42 am »

I go off in search of a large group of scorpions. And if I can do both I also order my arachnids to follow me.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2008, 08:12:48 am »

Bah, I knew I should have added forum mods in the prayer somewhere. I'm not really surprised; my luck with dice rolls tends to be like this. Oh well, back to lurking, thanks for the game. Don't let my death be forgotten though, somebody take the shiny cube!

Er...I mean, ouch. Death hurts. Kashyyk, that was moderatly unkind.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 01:27:15 pm by Nirur Torir »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2008, 08:24:46 am »

You're dead, not gone, idiot. We're not playing with Sean's "No Ghosts" rule.

Right. Uh... I try to get out of the hole I'm falling through?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2008, 10:00:47 am »

wait, I roll a six and don't get the parasol I wanted ?

well, whatever

I try to identify the purpose of the pendant
Crap, I forgot that! I was gonna set you up with one, but I forgot... Here, I'll give you one now.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2008, 10:28:48 am »

I stop, step back and examine the situation. Frelock is trapped in the mirrors, I've been smashing them and the Shadow Queen is doing something to them. Why? What should I do? I think about it, trying to figure it all out.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2008, 10:55:13 am »

I follow Frelock through his worm hole, or if he fails (9 in 10 I'm guessing) then I try to make the wall explode.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2008, 11:57:49 am »

Huh, you're right, thanks. The combination of being tired while reading it, not seeing myself in the status section (Not sure how I missed it), and getting killed with Death's Scythe after having my soul slashed caused me to add 1 + 1 and get -4.

Alright then. As philosophy has often been said to be food for the soul, I carefully contemplate how Plato was far better then Socrates (The jerk should have helped me!), in an attempt to heal my soul.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2008, 09:08:07 pm »

Maybe I'll get these rolls up tonight. If I'm feeling it. I won't be able to tomorrow though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2008, 10:25:18 pm »

Special Birthday Round!

Since it's my birthday, I've decided to give out rolls based on how I feel! Plus I was too lazy to actually roll. Basically, you all get high rolls, since failing isn't any fun! Unless it made things complicated.

I again attempt to further my skills in fire manipulation.
[6] – You erupt in flames! Your bandages keep you from being burned, luckily. A loud voice from above shouts, 'You now hold my powers!' You can now conjure fire elementals as well. {Fire Mastery: +3 to fire attack} {Avatar of Flames: fire elemental conjuring, -3 to fire damage, areas around you are bright}

"NO WAY OUT" eh?  Screw that!  I rip a hole in the fabric of space-time (preferably using my swiss army hand) and use the resultant wormhole to get back to the mirrored hall.
[3] – Unfortunately, you have no idea how to rip a hole in the space-time continuum. Instead, you realize that in TUO YAW ON, the N should be backwards. You wonder why it isn't...

wait, I roll a six and don't get the parasol I wanted ?

well, whatever

I try to identify the purpose of the pendant
[Ah well, 10] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) - You look into the pendant, wondering why you have it and what it does. The universe, time, and space suddenly freeze. A series of images flash through your mind, telling you everything about the amulet. It is apparently called the Amulet of Shadows. It is possessed by an ancient being, though it is unknown what the being is. It controls the Shadow beings. You see that they are currently trying to destroy a weapon, but you can't quite get a glimpse as to what the weapon is. You can sense that the Shadows fear it. The amulet also seems to be able to control a person if they are even slightly possessed by Shadows, excluding the Shadow Queen for some reason. It also seems to be charging for some reason. Suddenly, time resumes.

Oh, Sorry Nirur!

Right, I summon Death's Scythe and Reap the Shadow figures soul from inside the body!!!
[8 - 3] – You summon Death's Scythe inside the body, slashing your body in two! [6] You manage to cut yourself from Boksi and the Shadow being. [7] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) You then slice the Shadow portion out of the body and slice it into pieces. It liquefies onto the ground.

I go off in search of a large group of scorpions. And if I can do both I also order my arachnids to follow me.
[7] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) – You walk two steps and suddenly, an armada of scorpions appear, dressed in armor. They all turn to you, one of them stepping forward and bowing. “You called for us, sire?” The spiders latch onto the scorpions, suddenly readying for a giant battle. They come forward and dress you in some sort of metal armor. {-1 to dodge, +2 to damage}

Right. Uh... I try to get out of the hole I'm falling through?
[Umm... Okay 7] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) – Your mind seems to snap to life, shattering the world around you and coming back to the real world. You are finally free from the Shadow's body as well. Unfortunately, Kashyyk has all the clothes.

I stop, step back and examine the situation. Frelock is trapped in the mirrors, I've been smashing them and the Shadow Queen is doing something to them. Why? What should I do? I think about it, trying to figure it all out.
[Bam! 10] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) – You stop and start thinking about your current situation. Something inside your head starts talking!
“-lo? Hello? Finally! I've been trying every brain frequency there was! You need get out of here! Your friend is safe! Except, you should probably tell him the Shadow Queen plans on killing him, since he himself IS the key. Okay, smash a hole in the floor with the hammer.”
You start hammering away. The floor suddenly shatters!
“Okay, now throw the hammer in.”
You do.
“Now start running!”
You do. You make it about 6 feet when an explosion occurs behind you! You are thrown to the floor by the force.
“There, now a portal should appear for him. I don't have much more time, but tell him that he nee-”
Suddenly, you no longer hear the voice.

I follow Frelock through his worm hole, or if he fails (9 in 10 I'm guessing) then I try to make the wall explode.
[1] – You try as you hard as you can, but you're a crazy old man and you can't really blow up walls like you told your children. Suddenly, one of the mirrors turns white!

Alright then. As philosophy has often been said to be food for the soul, I carefully contemplate how Plato was far better then Socrates (The jerk should have helped me!), in an attempt to heal my soul.
[6 - 1] – You soul is pieced back together. But only because I feel like it.

NPC Actions:

Shadow Queen [4] – The Shadow Queen appears in front of the portal! All she says is, “The key must be destroyed!” Spikes start forming around her.

Cavemen [1] – Some of the black puddles suddenly engulf a number of the cavemen. They scream in horror!

Shadow Mob [2] – The Shadows continue their assault on the weapon, but they can't seem to destroy it.

Challenges:
Challenge 5: The Shadow War
Players: Kashyyk, Frelock, Jay Kayell and anyone else who enters the canyon room.
The Shadows are continuing to attack Nurir Torir's knife. Some of the cavemen are being engulfed in black.

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 7:20 PM.

Challenge 7: Lost His Way
Frelock wanders around the mirrored hallway he seems to be in. The mirrors don't seem to reflect anything, while Dark walks with him, staring into the mirrors, watching him go by. As Frelock walks down the hallway, he looks into one of the paintings. It's a picture of him, oddly enough, pointing down the hall. The mirrors have started exploding. There is a man and some dark red writing on the wall. The Shadow Queen is blocking a white portal out of the world.

Kashyyk: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the mirrored hall(?).
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the mirrored hall.
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Knows some karate. In the canyon room. Scorpion General. Wearing metal armor.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken nose. Has Fire Mastery. Avatar of Flames. In the gravity room.
Akroma: Wearing Shadow Queen Attire. Shadow Parasol in right hand. Wearing Amulet of Shadows. In the gravity room. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. Merged with Shadow Queen. In the mirrored hallway.
Nurir Torir: A ghost. In the canyon room. Has Item Summoning.
Boksi: Naked. Has Minor Levitation.
sonerohi: Wearing rags. Crazy, old man.

NPC Status:
Shadow Queen: Merged with Akroma. Currently in the mirrors.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Amulet of Shadows

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. It is broken down. The voice seems to have stopped.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. There are cavemen on the the entrance side of the canyon, attacking the Shadows. There are puddles of black stuff on the ground in various places. On the side nearest the entrance, there are Shadow creatures surrounding Nurir Torir's knife.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Frelock seems to be walking inside the mirrors. Some of the mirrors are shattered. There is a glowing hole that is a portal.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 12:12:18 am by webadict »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 12 and I cheated the rolls!
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2008, 11:01:38 pm »

I, realizing that I am the key, suddenly begin glowing brightly with a golden light.  I also whip out the knife from my swiss army hand (if that isn't another action).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2008, 12:26:30 am »

Using my new found power to light the area around me, I search for a way to reach the canyon room from my current position.

Also, happy birthday!  ;)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2008, 01:19:31 am »

Well, time to get to work

I use my shadow spikes to kill dark
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2008, 07:33:18 am »

Ah shit.

Boogerman, use your fire powers to stop Akroma from killing me! Please? I treated your burns, remember? Don't let me die. :'(

I run for my life, every cell in my body screaming for me to stay alive. Through sheer terror and force of will I try to get to Frelock, somehow.

(Happy Birthday Webadict! By the way the status still list me as having a hammer.)
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2008, 08:17:44 am »

Haha. I actually thought I messed up somewhere, but I was looking at Jay's status and couldn't figure out anything. Oh well.

Hopefully Dark doesn't die become a ghost.

Happy now?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 08:34:16 am by webadict »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2008, 08:32:34 am »

oh come on, it is not even permadeath
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41