Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77705 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 10 and The Partially and Fully Deranged Merged Fighter!
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2008, 03:08:31 pm »

Bad die! You're supposed to be on my side, not making me sad. I guess that wielding a Rubix Cube of Light in my offhand won't work, so I guess I'll just have to pray (Now 29% more poetic).

Not-frogs, lesser deities, and Socrates, hear my plea:

I'm slain! Let not this be true.
My cut soul restored;
The world shall end not today.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:11:16 pm by Nirur Torir »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2008, 03:11:07 pm »

who said it would end just because it will be a bit darker than usual ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 14, 2008, 04:10:18 pm »

The fact that You are the one making it darker.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 14, 2008, 04:15:28 pm »

Oh SNAP!

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 14, 2008, 07:48:15 pm »

I continue smashing mirrors with my hammer until it becomes clear what I'm looking for. Hang in there Frelock!
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2008, 02:24:54 pm »

Is it too much into the game for me to join? I'd really appreciate if I could, but if not then oh well.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2008, 09:35:41 pm »

Webadict, where are those delicious rolls you usually make?
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2008, 09:37:43 pm »

I'll have the turn up by tonight.

Is it too much into the game for me to join? I'd really appreciate if I could, but if not then oh well.

I dunno... Maybe...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2008, 10:04:13 pm »

I'll have the turn up by tonight.

I dunno... Maybe...

Did I mention I have a freshly baked tray of e-cookies and Internets?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2008, 12:26:30 am »

I attempt to undistort my reality by Unmerging myself from Boksi. We should both have full bodies. (Where would the excess matter have gone?)
[3] – You don't manage to unmerge your bodies, but you do manage to undistort your reality. Death's Scythe appears and flies toward Nirur Torir.

FINE.

I create the antithesis of a black hole: A white hole, spewing out matter. Screw physics!
[1] – In a surge of insanity, you summon something you call a “white hole.” Unfortunately, whoever is in charge of the summoning business completely messed up and sent you a hole. Which you fall through. You keep falling for a while. {Insanely Distorted Reality: No longer in control of the right side of the body. No longer rolls for control. Cannot roll until reality is partially undistorted}

hmm, it seems I am lucky, and someone else is smashing the mirrors for me.
Very good

no need to hurry

I find the pajamas are not really fitting my new status. I try to create clothes made of the materialisation of darkness. A fine dress, complete with parasol. If it works alright, it should make me a little less vulnerable to light.
[6] – You concentrate on with your Shadow powers to create new clothing, and after a few moments of custom designing, you manage get the perfect clothes in your mind. Your clothes explode off in little shreds (after you darkened the area, of course, since you're a dignified lady), and you find yourself wearing a black gown, black dress shoes, black gloves, a slightly glowing black pendant, and some earrings, which are also black. In your right hand forms a parasol, that seems to reflect any light pointing towards it. You're also wearing a crown, because you're Queen, and you deserve it! {Attire: You now make areas around you dark. You gain +1 to Shadow moves} {Glowing Pendant: Unknown Properties}

I join the others in the mirror hall.
[1] – You casually stroll over to the mirror hall, but it gets really dark for a second, causing you to be disoriented. [5] Lucky for you, you didn't hit anything. You also didn't make it into the mirror hall.

I bow down, as well a scorpion can, and praise the GM!

Then I try to find some other scorpions to rule over! I shall become the scorpion king! ;D
[4] – You find a few other arachnids to rule over, but they're all kinda small and busy doing their own thing. They might listen to you, and they might not, they haven't really made up their mind. {Arachnid minions: -1 roll to control them}

I try to find another mirror that will act as a portal, and go through said mirror (by the way, Dark rolled a 5 to help me, and now he's attacking me?  What's up with that?)
[4] – As you're running you look for mirrors that lead out. They all don't reflect anything, so you're not quite sure if they lead out or not. You're still running from the exploding mirrors, until you find... a person. He looks up at you, with slight dementia, though seems to understand. He points to a wall, and, written in dark red, reads, “TUO YAW ON”

Bad die! You're supposed to be on my side, not making me sad. I guess that wielding a Rubix Cube of Light in my offhand won't work, so I guess I'll just have to pray (Now 29% more poetic).

Not-frogs, lesser deities, and Socrates, hear my plea:

I'm slain! Let not this be true.
My cut soul restored;
The world shall end not today.
[1 - 1] (EPIC FAILURE!) - You pray to all the deities of which you can think. Unfortunately, none of them seem to be able to help you for the scythe headed straight for your prone body. It comes down into your heart! [4] You die.

I continue smashing mirrors with my hammer until it becomes clear what I'm looking for. Hang in there Frelock!
[1] – You keep running toward each mirror and smashing it. You've forgotten why you started smashing them though...

NPC Actions:

Shadow Queen [5] – The Shadow Queen whispers, “I'll be right back,” as a few drops of blood flow out from Akroma's wrist. They crawl up from the floor and flow along the wall very fast, and reach one of the mirrors.

Cavemen [5] – The Cavemen continue their assault on the Shadows!

Shadow Mob [3] – Some of the remaining Shadows attack the knife! [4] They bring their Shadow Blades down on it! [2] Their blades bounce off of it. The knife seems to be unharmed.

Challenges:
Challenge 5: The Shadow War
Players: Kashyyk, Frelock, Jay Kayell and anyone else who enters the canyon room.
The Shadows and Cavemen seem to both be confused as to what to do. One of the Shadows doesn't seem to be one of their own, throwing off the Shadows. The Shadows are all surrounding Nurir Torir's knife.

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 7:10 PM.

Challenge 7: Lost His Way
Frelock wanders around the mirrored hallway he seems to be in. The mirrors don't seem to reflect anything, while Dark walks with him, staring into the mirrors, watching him go by. As Frelock walks down the hallway, he looks into one of the paintings. It's a picture of him, oddly enough, pointing down the hall. The mirrors have started exploding. There is a man and some dark red writing on the wall.

Challenge 8: Crazy World
Players: Boksi
Boksi feels as though he is falling forever. He cannot see any bottom in sight, nor can he assume there is one coming. As he falls, all he knows is that he must escape the hole.

Status Rolls:
Boogerman [4] – Your nose bleed finally stops!
Kashyyk (1-3)/Shadow (4-6) [6] – Shadow takes control next round!

Boksi/Kashyyk/Shadow figure's form: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Holding a shadow blade in right hand. Shadow holds control of form next round. In the canyon room.
Kashyyk: Merged. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the mirrored hall(?).
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the mirrored hall. Has a hammer.
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Knows some karate. In the canyon room.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken nose. Hands are fireballs. In the gravity room.
Akroma: Wearing Shadow Queen Attire. Shadow Parasol in right hand. Glowing Pendant. In the gravity room. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. Merged with Shadow Queen. In the mirrored hallway.
Nurir Torir: A ghost. In the canyon room. Has Item Summoning. Slashed Soul.
Boksi: Has Minor Levitation. Merged. Insanely Distorted Reality.

NPC Status:
Shadow figure: Merged.
Shadow Queen: Merged with Akroma. Currently in the mirrors.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. It is broken down. The voice seems to have stopped.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. There are cavemen on the the entrance side of the canyon, attacking the Shadows. There are puddles of black stuff on the ground in various places. On the side nearest the entrance, there are Shadow creatures surrounding Nurir Torir's knife.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Frelock seems to be walking inside the mirrors. Some of the mirrors are shattered.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:16:25 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2008, 12:28:08 am »

If anything's messed up, I'll fix is tomorrow. I'm too tired. I'll probably not be able to do rolls for a few days, as I'll be quite busy, but I'll get to them eventually. And sonerohi, sure. You can be the crazy man in the mirrors.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2008, 12:43:16 am »

I again attempt to further my skills in fire manipulation.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 11 and Death of the Fighter!
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2008, 03:48:24 am »

"NO WAY OUT" eh?  Screw that!  I rip a hole in the fabric of space-time (preferably using my swiss army hand) and use the resultant wormhole to get back to the mirrored hall.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2008, 05:01:42 am »

wait, I roll a six and don't get the parasol I wanted ?

well, whatever

I try to identify the purpose of the pendant
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2008, 05:24:23 am »

Oh, Sorry Nirur!

Right, I summon Death's Scythe and Reap the Shadow figures soul from inside the body!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41