Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77655 times)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 9 and Akroma the Shadow Queen!
« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2008, 06:52:01 pm »

Using the mirrors, I try to get to Frelock so that I can help him out. If his deepest fears appear, I save him from them.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2008, 07:25:03 pm »

I try and further hone my skills at pyrokinesis.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2008, 01:13:39 am »

I try to make it into the mirror room. If I still have some action left, I try to smash the mirrors, making it impossible to traverse them.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2008, 03:34:05 am »

What I actually meant with my action was to become the king of scorpions, but this works as well ;D

I ask the being who cursed me to please remove my bad luck.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2008, 07:30:16 am »

So I garbled my reality, huh?

Not bad! I invoke quantum science and attempt to normally-impossible action. I pull the rest of my body into one of the mirrors and dive into it from the back. That is I walk in front of it and enter the back. Yes, this does not comply with normal euclidean geometry, but screw Euclideus, I'm crazy and I don't care about his theories!
I think Euclidean geometry is the least of what's wrong with that action. The biggest being, 'What mirror?'

Who the fuck cares? CHEESEBOAT CALL!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 14, 2008, 08:28:58 am »

Time to slap Boksi around with a large frozen salmon carp.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 08:32:27 am by Dark »
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2008, 11:17:55 am »

I attempt to destroy the Shadow things spirit. I also help Boksi by moving my (not the shadows, mine!!!) half of the body with him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2008, 12:40:37 pm »

I always give good advice to myself, right?

I follow my painting's advice, walking in the direction he's pointing, and escape from this miserable prison of mirrors.
[2] – You walk down the hall you seem to be pointing towards. As you're walking, you hear a shattering. You look behind you and see that pieces of glass are shooting out of a mirror. It suddenly seems darker near that mirror. Another mirror explodes near that one, creating more darkness. You start to run, as you start hearing more explosions.

Ha! Mere shadows cannot defeat me! Thinking fast, I give a quick prayer to the goddess of Light (flavor action, no result expected), and enchant my Rubix Cube with light strong enough to purge this room of shadows. Then I kill them.
[6] – You try to enchant your Rubik's Cube with light. It manages to light up a little before the Shadows start to attack you. Your knife seems to take over your hand! You parry the Shadow Blades and stab the Shadows, causing them to implode and disappear.

So I garbled my reality, huh?

Not bad! I invoke quantum science and attempt to normally-impossible action. I pull the rest of my body into one of the mirrors and dive into it from the back. That is I walk in front of it and enter the back. Yes, this does not comply with normal euclidean geometry, but screw Euclideus, I'm crazy and I don't care about his theories!
[1] – Your garbled perception of reality causes you to believe in some sort of mirror. You think you're passing through it and going behind it at the same time, but you're really just writhing on the floor. Or the closest equivalent with half a body. {-1 to Kashyyk's roll}

Using the mirrors, I try to get to Frelock so that I can help him out. If his deepest fears appear, I save him from them.
[5] – You follow Frelock down the hall, looking for a way for him to escape. As you walk down the hall, you find a bulky letter on one of the mirrors. It's addressed to you. You open it and find a hammer and a note. You read the note. It says, 'We're watching you. We have what you need.' Just then you see a pair of eyes on the mirror. You freak out, smashing the mirror with your hammer. The shards fall to the ground. You turn around, relieved, only to see another pair of eyes. You smash that one, too. As you look down the hall, you see each one has a pair of eyes. You start smashing each one.

I try and further hone my skills at pyrokinesis.
[3] – You practice your fire conjuring, but you don't really learn anymore.

I try to make it into the mirror room. If I still have some action left, I try to smash the mirrors, making it impossible to traverse them.
[2] – You manage to walk over to the door, but whatever Dark and Frelock did, it takes you a while to finally just spear through the door with a Shadow Spike.

What I actually meant with my action was to become the king of scorpions, but this works as well ;D

I ask the being who cursed me to please remove my bad luck.
[6 – 1 – 1] – You get up off your chair and take a plane all the way to see me, the GM. You ask politely for no more bad luck rolls. Since you said please, I say sure. You are no longer unlucky or doomed.

I attempt to destroy the Shadow things spirit. I also help Boksi by moving my (not the shadows, mine!!!) half of the body with him.
[2 - 1] – All you really manage to do is help Boksi with writhing on the floor. You start to see this “mirror” that Boksi claims he's going through. {-1 to control roll, +1 for Shadow} {Partial Reality Distortion: -1 to dodge, -1 to accuracy}

NPC Actions:

Shadow [3] – The Shadow begins attacking your soul. It doesn't really get anywhere though.

Shadow Queen [2] – The Shadow Queen tries to summon some spikes, but doesn't seem to have enough power.

Cavemen [5] – The Cavemen continue their attacks on the Shadows. [3] They don't manage to attack too many though.

Shadow Mob [5] – The Shadows attack Nurir Torir. [4] A few get a few shots on him, [5] and one of them slashes through him with his Shadow Blade! {Roll for effect}

Challenges:
Challenge 5: The Shadow War
Players: Kashyyk, Frelock, Jay Kayell, Nurir Torir, and anyone else who enters the canyon room.
The Shadows and Cavemen seem to both be confused as to what to do. One of the Shadows doesn't seem to be one of their own, throwing off the Shadows. The Shadows are all running at Nurir Torir.

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 7:00 PM.

Challenge 7: Lost His Way
Players: Frelock, Dark, Akroma, and anyone else in the mirrored hallway.
Frelock wanders around the mirrored hallway he seems to be in. The mirrors don't seem to reflect anything, while Dark walks with him, staring into the mirrors, watching him go by. As Frelock walks down the hallway, he looks into one of the paintings. It's a picture of him, oddly enough, pointing down the hall. The mirrors have started exploding.

Status Rolls:
Boogerman [2] – Your nose bleed continues!
Kashyyk (1-2)/Shadow (3-6) [2] – Kashyyk manages to hold control next round!
Nurir Torir [1] – Your soul is slashed in twine! You fall to the ground, the knife falling from your hand. It stops glowing, as it spins to a stop somewhere in the room. The Shadows follow it. {Slashed Soul: -1 to all actions, -2 to physical actions}

Boksi/Kashyyk/Shadow figure's form: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Holding a shadow blade in right hand. Kashyyk holds control of the left side next round. Boski holds control over the right side. In the canyon room.
Kashyyk: Merged. Beat Death. Partially Distorted Reality.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the mirrored hall(?).
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the mirrored hall. Has a hammer.
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Knows some karate. In the canyon room.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken bleeding nose. Hands are fireballs. In the gravity room.
Akroma: Wearing pajamas. In the gravity room. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. Merged with Shadow Queen. In the mirrored hallway.
Nurir Torir: Wearing pajamas. In the canyon room. Has Item Summoning. Slashed Soul.
Boksi: Has Minor Levitation. Merged. Distorted Reality.

NPC Status:
Shadow figure: Merged.
Shadow Queen: Merged with Akroma.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. It is broken down. The voice seems to have stopped.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. There are cavemen on the the entrance side of the canyon, attacking the Shadows. There are puddles of black stuff on the ground in various places. On the side nearest the entrance, there are Shadow creatures surrounding Nurir Torir's knife.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Frelock seems to be walking inside the mirrors. Some of the mirrors are shattered.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2008, 12:45:48 pm »

I attempt to undistort my reality by Unmerging myself from Boksi. We should both have full bodies. (Where would the excess matter have gone?)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 10 and The Partially and Fully Deranged Merged Fighter!
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2008, 12:55:41 pm »

FINE.

I create the antithesis of a black hole: A white hole, spewing out matter. Screw physics!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2008, 12:59:59 pm »

hmm, it seems I am lucky, and someone else is smashing the mirrors for me.
Very good

no need to hurry

I find the pajamas are not really fitting my new status. I try to create clothes made of the materialisation of darkness. A fine dress, complete with parasol. If it works alright, it should make me a little less vulnerable to light.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 14, 2008, 01:09:58 pm »

I join the others in the mirror hall.

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2008, 01:30:15 pm »

I bow down, as well a scorpion can, and praise the GM!

Then I try to find some other scorpions to rule over! I shall become the scorpion king! ;D
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2008, 01:54:36 pm »

I try to find another mirror that will act as a portal, and go through said mirror (by the way, Dark rolled a 5 to help me, and now he's attacking me?  What's up with that?)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2008, 01:58:27 pm »

I try to find another mirror that will act as a portal, and go through said mirror (by the way, Dark rolled a 5 to help me, and now he's attacking me?  What's up with that?)
Who said he's not helping you...?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41