Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77623 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 8 and The Plot Thickens!
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2008, 02:36:13 pm »

I search the mirrors, and try to find a portal that does not "reflect my deepest fears."  I go through said portal.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2008, 05:03:36 pm »

well, it seems time is coming to choose a side.

I attempt to talk to the shadow queen, so that we may join sides.
If she helps me stop this bleeding, we shall englf the world in darkness
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 05:58:37 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2008, 05:52:05 pm »

Edit: Ah screw it, I'll help Frelock find a safe mirror/portal. I can always conjure up magical death machines later if I need to.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:42:26 am by Dark »
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2008, 11:11:50 pm »

Wow, I just noticed I accidentally broke everyone up into teams of two: Akroma and Boogerman, Dark and Frelock, Boksi and Kashyyk, and Jay Kayell and Nirur Torir.

Though, it seems that Akroma picked a nice time to turn evil, as well as Jay Kayell and Nirur Torir seem to be joining up with Boksi and Kashyyk.

P.S. That 4 Epic Overshot thing was fairly nice for plot.

P.P.S. Dark, you'll already know what time it is after each turn, so if you want you could probably do something else. Unless you really want a glowing sphere. Not that I care or anything.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2008, 01:24:57 am »

evil is such an ugly word

it's only an alternative, and seeing how severe the penalties on my lifestyle are, as opposed to those who have light-related attributes, I'd say I am indeed the supressed victim
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2008, 07:32:34 am »

Hmm, actually that's a good point Webadict, why do I need a sphere of crystal when I can have a blade of crystal, or perhaps I should just go with Frelock?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:41:53 am by Dark »
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2008, 08:12:26 am »

As the power to create is the power to destroy, so too is the power to create the power to change. Webadict, would I still get my conjuration bonus if I were to use it to modify something I've made?
It would seem a bit odd to have a higher chance of spawning a new object then changing one I already made.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2008, 08:50:10 am »

Okay, so not "evil." I suppose you're right.

There we go, Dark. Why try something pointless when something that kills is always better? Or following Frelock might work. I only roll the die here.

You would nly get that conjuration bonus if you somehow conjured something to modify it, in which case you'd gain some sort of modification bonus, or if you directly summoned pieces to the modified object. I could go into detail about how you're not actually "creating" anything. It's more like you take from somewhere else. You "summon" items, not create.

P.S. Where the heck is Boksi?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2008, 12:11:15 pm »

Ah, that clears it up, thanks. I sure hope that nothing bad happens to me for "accidentally" borrowing that knife.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2008, 02:01:08 pm »

I'm going to garble the universe!

Well actually I'm just going to garble everyone's perception of it, but whatever, it's pretty much the same.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2008, 05:47:22 pm »

Aw great, you just had to start the Doomsday Clock.

Enraged by the constant humming, I snatch up my Rubix Cube, slash a path through the bars if needed, and enter the canyon room, looking for a fight.
[5] – You pick up the Rubik's Cube and your knife and run for the Canyon Room. Upon entering the room, your knife starts vibrating constantly. All the Shadows suddenly turn and face you, before charging full speed at you!

I rush toward the girl, and start attacking her with my newfound power.
[5] – You rush at the girl, unleashing fireballs at her. She's seems unable to dodge. [5] She weakens considerably! Akroma is slightly weakened from this, but less so than the girl. {+1 to Akroma's roll}

I try to become the scorpion king!
[6 – 1 – 1] – Your luck stops you from becoming the Scorpion King, but you do become larger than a regular scorpion! {+1 to damage}

I lay mind traps in the left side of the body, making it difficult for the shadow to do anything (of course, they do not affect me as I know where they are)

I try to teach Boksi's subconscious to use the shadow blade
[3] – Unfortunately, you are unable to teach anything to Boksi's subconscious, as you really didn't have anything to teach.

I search the mirrors, and try to find a portal that does not "reflect my deepest fears."  I go through said portal.
[1] – You look into the mirrors, unable to find anything different in them. You walk up and put your hand on one at random. You fall through into it! You look around and see the... the mirror hallway? Odd. You don't see Dark anywhere though. You look into the mirrors but they don't seem to reflect anything.

well, it seems time is coming to choose a side.

I attempt to talk to the shadow queen, so that we may join sides.
If she helps me stop this bleeding, we shall englf the world in darkness
[4 + 1] – You attempt to bargain with the Shadow Queen, in an attempt to live. [5] She listens intently on your offer. She smiles wickedly, and flows into your body, healing up the wound as she goes. [5] It's completely healed. You're now the Shadow Queen... {Gain Shadow Queen's abilities, Shadow Queen helps Akroma.}

Edit: Ah screw it, I'll help Frelock find a safe mirror/portal. I can always conjure up magical death machines later if I need to.
[3] – You look and see Frelock looking at some mirrors. You run to catch up only to see him go into a mirror! You go up to the mirror and see him walking around aimlessly in the hall. You try to go through but it won't let you. You scream and pound on the glass, but all that does is crack it.

I'm going to garble the universe!

Well actually I'm just going to garble everyone's perception of it, but whatever, it's pretty much the same.
[1] – You try as hard as you can to distort reality, but you only manage to distort your own version of reality. {Distorted Reality: -2 to accuracy, -2 to dodge}

NPC Actions:

Shadow [4] – The Shadow tries to disarm Boksi and take the sword. [2] But doesn't seem to get it.

Shadow Queen [1] – The Shadow Queen doesn't manage to help Akroma in any particular way.

Cavemen [6] – The Cavemen make it across the bridge and start attacking the Shadows! [4] They manage to attack a few, [6] and kill them! The slain Shadows explode, covering the ground in black.

Shadow Mob [2] – The Shadows don't even so much as defend against the Cavemen's onslaught.

Challenges:
Challenge 5: The Shadow War
Players: Kashyyk, Frelock, Jay Kayell and anyone else who enters the canyon room.
The Shadows and Cavemen seem to both be confused as to what to do. One of the Shadows doesn't seem to be one of their own, throwing off the Shadows. The Shadows are all running at Nurir Torir.

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 6:50 PM.

Challenge 7: Lost His Way
Frelock wanders around the mirrored hallway he seems to be in. The mirrors don't seem to reflect anything, while Dark walks with him, staring into the mirrors, watching him go by. As Frelock walks down the hallway, he looks into one of the paintings. It's a picture of him, oddly enough, pointing down the hall.

Status Rolls:
Boogerman [3] – Your nose bleed continues!
Kashyyk (1-3)/Shadow (4-6) [3] – Kashyyk holds control next round!

Boksi/Kashyyk/Shadow figure's form: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Holding a shadow blade in right hand. Kashyyk holds control of the left side next round. Boski holds control over the right side. In the canyon room.
Kashyyk: Merged. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the mirrored hall(?).
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the mirrored hall.
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Very unlucky. Doomed. Knows some karate. In the first hall.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken bleeding nose. Hands are fireballs. In the gravity room.
Akroma: Wearing pajamas. In the gravity room. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. Merged with Shadow Queen. In the gravity room.
Nurir Torir: Wearing pajamas. In the canyon room. Has Item Summoning. Has Artifact Knife.
Boksi: Has Minor Levitation. Merged. Distorted Reality.

NPC Status:
Shadow figure: Merged.
Shadow Queen: Merged with Akroma.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. The voice seems to have stopped.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. There are cavemen on the the entrance side of the canyon. There are puddles of black stuff on the ground in various places. On the side nearest the entrance, there are Shadow creatures that are rushing towards Nurir Torir.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Frelock seems to be walking inside the mirrors.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 9 and Akroma the Shadow Queen!
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2008, 05:58:50 pm »

I always give good advice to myself, right?

I follow my painting's advice, walking in the direction he's pointing, and escape from this miserable prison of mirrors.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2008, 06:12:55 pm »

Ha! Mere shadows cannot defeat me! Thinking fast, I give a quick prayer to the goddess of Light (flavor action, no result expected), and enchant my Rubix Cube with light strong enough to purge this room of shadows. Then I kill them.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2008, 06:22:49 pm »

So I garbled my reality, huh?

Not bad! I invoke quantum science and attempt to normally-impossible action. I pull the rest of my body into one of the mirrors and dive into it from the back. That is I walk in front of it and enter the back. Yes, this does not comply with normal euclidean geometry, but screw Euclideus, I'm crazy and I don't care about his theories!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2008, 06:29:29 pm »

So I garbled my reality, huh?

Not bad! I invoke quantum science and attempt to normally-impossible action. I pull the rest of my body into one of the mirrors and dive into it from the back. That is I walk in front of it and enter the back. Yes, this does not comply with normal euclidean geometry, but screw Euclideus, I'm crazy and I don't care about his theories!
I think Euclidean geometry is the least of what's wrong with that action. The biggest being, 'What mirror?'
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41