Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77493 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 3!
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2008, 08:28:54 am »

Am I to be assaulted by darkness taken shape?

Am I to be attacked by nothing with a form?

I say, nay. For nature abhors a vacuum and the very laws of physics demand that something create balance.

The brilliance of a million suns is what lights the darkness of space and lets us live, yet the suns are death as much as the emptiness. It is their balance, the flux in which they fight eternally, that created the cycle of life and death.

I shall maintain the balance thusly. Neither of us will survive this.

In each passing moment we change an infinitesimally small amount. I have died already, because I am now a new me.

I am an embodiment of change and sentience and I face an embodiment of stillness and death. What will arise will be something even greater.

TL;DR: I try to merge with the shadow dancer and create a sort of hybrid.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 3!
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2008, 09:29:59 am »

Challenge 1:
Hmm, I ask Death why we are here. If possible I also imagine I am carrying a weapon. (As it is a metaphysical world, it should appear, right?)
Challenge 2:
I stand up (conscious)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 4!
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2008, 10:53:14 am »

I go with Frelock and Akroma through the hole in the wall.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2008, 12:55:37 pm »

I try to make something out of the shards of the old wall.
Preferably something weapon-like.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2008, 08:36:24 pm »

Webadict was online, then he went offline. Alas, I seem to have rolled a 7, and spawned my shiny Rubix Cube near him! Resist the urge, Webadict!

Incidentally, forum games should have a warning label about how stressful waiting for turns is. I must know if Boksi partially succeeded, lost control, and then decapitated me for trying to distract him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2008, 08:51:20 pm »

Webadict was online, then he went offline. Alas, I seem to have rolled a 7, and spawned my shiny Rubix Cube near him! Resist the urge, Webadict!

Incidentally, forum games should have a warning label about how stressful waiting for turns is. I must know if Boksi partially succeeded, lost control, and then decapitated me for trying to distract him.
Sorry about that. I had to get the last roll, because I was writing up the thing. It's all done, I just need to get the format and a couple of descriptions up. I think this turn turned out okay.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2008, 09:24:27 pm »

Turn 4 Results:
I attempt to help Boksi by conjuring a very shiny Rubix Cube to distract the sword-wielding entity. None may withstand the distracting might of my shiny objects!
[2 + 1] – You summon a dull Rubik's Cube. You manage to distract the Shadow figure by hitting him with the cube. {+1 to Boksi's roll}

Am I to be assaulted by darkness taken shape?

Am I to be attacked by nothing with a form?

I say, nay. For nature abhors a vacuum and the very laws of physics demand that something create balance.

The brilliance of a million suns is what lights the darkness of space and lets us live, yet the suns are death as much as the emptiness. It is their balance, the flux in which they fight eternally, that created the cycle of life and death.

I shall maintain the balance thusly. Neither of us will survive this.

In each passing moment we change an infinitesimally small amount. I have died already, because I am now a new me.

I am an embodiment of change and sentience and I face an embodiment of stillness and death. What will arise will be something even greater.

TL;DR: I try to merge with the shadow dancer and create a sort of hybrid.
[3 + 1] – You run straight for the Shadow figure. It swings at you! [1] The figure has perfect aim, too. {-2 to damage} [6 - 2] You feel the sword cut through you, but it's immaterial. You feel like your heart is cut in two, but you manage to survive it. You punch your hand into the Shadow's stomach, and begin to merge... You almost remember that you're still holding Kashyyk.

Ok, new action then: I try to become a god of death.
[1 – 1] (EPIC FAILURE) You fail at becoming anything. You nearly cease to exist for a second, but you're so unlucky that you don't manage to get that done, either. The voice rings out again. You are petrified and you feel as though anything you do will kill you. {Petrified: -4 to dodge, -4 to damage for this turn} {Doomed: -1 to all rolls}

Challenge 1:
Hmm, I ask Death why we are here. If possible I also imagine I am carrying a weapon. (As it is a metaphysical world, it should appear, right?)
[4] – You hold up your hand and a sword materializes in your hand. You suddenly realize that you have no idea how to use one. {-1 to accuracy, +1 to damage} For some reason your body starts to feel darker. You see the shadows start to swirl around you.

I climb through the hole
[2] – You move cautiously through the hole, only to get shoved through the hole by Frelock. You fly sideways for some reason, because the far wall seems to be the source of gravity. [4] You manage to flip yourself feet first, [3] but you act as a cushion for everyone else going through. {Winded: -2 to dodge, -2 to damage next turn, everyone else gains +1 to dodge and damage rolls while going through the hole this turn}

I go through the hole, trying to find the source of that voice (it has to be better than Akroma's).
[6] – You jump through the hole after shoving Akroma through, then you land on her [1 + 1] but you somehow manage to do that on your head {-1 to damage} [3 + 1 – 1] Luckily for you, Akroma softens the blow.

I go with Frelock and Akroma through the hole in the wall.
[3] – You jump in after Frelock [2 + 1] landing on Akroma on your back [1 + 1] and somehow managing to knock the wind out of yourself, as well as Akroma at the same time. Not that she wasn't already winded. {Winded: -2 to dodge, -2 to damage next turn}

I try to make something out of the shards of the old wall.
Preferably something weapon-like.
[2] – You pick up the pieces and start jamming them together. None of them really stick together though, except the ones that you accidentally jabbed into your skin.

NPC Actions:

Shadow figure [1] – The Shadow figure fails to fight against Boksi's merging, causing Boksi, the Shadow figure, AND Kashyyk to merge into a single form. {Each turn, a roll decides who controls the form. If you try to do a physical action when you do not have control, you will get -3 to your roll. Also, since Kashyyk is currently unconscious, he will not make an effort to control the form until he is conscious}

Death [2] – Death rushes at Jay Kayell, but Kashyyk seems to get this immateriality down and teleports right in front of Death and swings with the his sword. [1] He manages to slice Death in two {-2 to damage}, [3 - 2] causing Death to disappear, leaving his scythe on the ground. Kashyyk picks it up. Both of them finally leave wherever they were. {Jay gets to keep his soul as a ghost. Kashyyk gets Death's Scythe (It appears when Kashyyk calls it when he's in control).}

Challenges:
Challenge 3: The Room
Players: Akroma, Frelock, Dark, and whoever else makes it into the second room.
After everyone gets up, dark spots form on the walls. It starts slowly, then the spots grow darker. Frelock runs to the door and barely makes in before the spot turns completely black and a giant spike shoots through the wall. Several more turn black, causing more spikes to appear. The spikes cut off the door and Frelock from Akroma and Dark. More spots are forming...

Status Rolls:
Kashyyk [1] – You fall deeper into your unconscious state. {-1 to unconscious checks}
Boksi (1-3)/Shadow figure (4-6) [2] – Boksi holds control of the form this round.

Boksi/Kashyyk/Shadow figure's form: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. In the hall. Holding a shadow blade.
Kashyyk: Unconscious. Merged. Deep unconsciousness. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. In the second room.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In the second room. Winded.
Jay Kayell: A ghost. Very unlucky. Doomed. In the hall.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. In the first room.
Akroma: Wearing pajamas. Has a strained voice. In the second room. Winded.
Nurir Torir: Wearing pajamas. In the hall. Has Minor Item Summoning.
Boksi: Has Minor Levitation. Merged.

NPC Status:
Shadow figure: Merged.

The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The hall:
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. There is a dull Rubik's cube on the floor.
The second room:
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor. The voice seems to be coming from there. There are a bunch of giant spikes splitting the door and Frelock from Akroma and Dark. There are more spikes elsewhere as well as dark spots forming.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 08:47:10 am by webadict »

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 5!
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2008, 09:40:41 pm »

I slide through the hole to the second room, and try not to fall on Dark or Frelock.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2008, 09:52:59 pm »

Noo! Non-shiny Rubix Cubes just aren't distracting enough.

Afraid of the shadowy figure, and not yet sure of what happened to Boksi, I attempt to conjure a shiny new wakizashi for self-defense. No, a short sword will not work, because I can easily pronounce that.

If that is too large to get the bonus, I'll attempt to focus on learning how to conjure medium sized objects.

Edit - Changed alternative action
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 08:31:28 am by Nirur Torir »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2008, 10:02:16 pm »

Alrighty then, through the door!  On to new and exciting adventures(and the voice)!
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2008, 01:23:28 am »

awesome

I try to merge these dark spots into my body, gaining a shadow spke ability
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2008, 04:08:34 am »

I'll try to go through the hallway, hacking down anything in my way.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2008, 07:54:32 am »

I phase through the spikes to get to Frelock, following him through the door.

Run away from Akroma!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 11:11:58 am by Dark »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2008, 08:48:26 am »

awesome

I try to merge these dark spots into my body, gaining a shadow spke ability
I form a protective shield around me and Akroma.

Frelock get back here and save us!
I wonder how this will turn out...

Also, lol to
Alrighty then, through the door!  On to new and exciting adventures(and the voice)!

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2008, 11:10:40 am »

Oh hell no. I'm changing my action.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41