Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41

Author Topic: Sell-out's RTD Turn 31 and Death of an Old Man!  (Read 77735 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 17 and Lock, Keys and Doorways out of here!
« Reply #330 on: December 10, 2008, 12:20:50 pm »

Hey, I'm the one with Death's Scythe!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 10, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »

Hey, I'm the one with Death's Scythe!
You think there's only one?

Also, almost done. There's just a bunch of challenges, plus my being really lazy...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 10, 2008, 12:31:30 pm »

Well, I'm the only one who has claimed one off of him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 10, 2008, 12:57:27 pm »

Turn 17

Alas, my poor summoning ability, I shall miss you. I did guess that was coming though, since I couldn't really fail a summon roll with that +2 bonus  :(

I ask the man what he knows of the Dewprism. I also apologize for stealing from him, saying that it was to help save the world. If there's still time, I ask if he can give me any help.
[5] – You lay silently in the net for a little bit, listening to the old man work. After a minute, you start talking. “What's the Dewprism do?”
The old man stops working and turns around. The what?
“The Dewprism. It's the name of the knife.”
The old man turns back around and continues working. So, you've started naming my stuff, have you?
“I'm sorry about taking your stuff. I was trying to save the world.”
The old man lets out a laugh. Save the world?
“Yeah, so what does the Dewprism do?”
It's just a knife. It's not supposed to do anything.
“But it glows when I hold... held it.”
You hear something hit the table the old man is working at. It did what?
“It... glowed?”
The old man pauses. That's not my knife.
“But, that's the knife I summoned.”
You must've been in the Zoo.
“The what?”
The Zoo. That's likely why you were taking some of my things. But that knife is a part of the Zoo now. My guess is that it's now the escape protocol.
“What's the Zoo?”
It's the—
Before he manages to answer, you feel yourself being teleported. You appear before Kashyyk.

I summon Nirur Torir's soul back to the Zoo, preferably binding him to my will but if that is considered cruel/difficult/pointless then I won't
[6] – You look at the scythe and try and determine how to call forth souls with it. You slash it in the air, look for buttons, switches, until you finally find it. You spin your scythe, calling out Nirur Torir. He appears!

Well, a mysterious button appears in my hand.  It could destroy the world, or it could save it...what to do...what to do...

Aw, what the heck, I push the button!
[3] – You hit the button. You feel as though you are moving at an incredible rate! When you feel yourself come to a stop, you find yourself in a forest. In front of you is a door in a frame that seemingly leads nowhere.

Congratulations! You escaped the maze!

COME ON; SHADDOWS !

I try to use whateevr shadow powers I have to help the fullmoon surface this turn.
[4 + 1] – You sit down and use your Shadow powers. You concentrate really hard on making the Full Moon appear. The Full Moon is now ten minutes closer.

I pick up the Dewprism. My army shall help me get it.
[1] – You try to grab the knife, but aren't sure where it is. You walk all the way to the gravity room searching for it. You wish you hadn't.

Scorpion Army
[5] – Your army follows you, helping to search for the Dewprism. They follow you into the gravity room, thankful they don't fear the Shadows any more...

I light the area around me with an intense bright light, in an attempt to diminish the shadow queens power for long enough so Boksi can rid himself of the amulet.
[5 + 3] (EPIC OVERSHOT!) – You burn as brightly as you can to weaken Boksi. Rooms you are in are now considered bright. Any dark-producing auras are negated, being neither bright nor dark.

Whatever's the goriest.

And I said shadow, not shadows. I am not referring to the shadows in the canyon room or anything, I'm referring to the side. Still, I suppose it'd be whatever shines the brightest.
I supose if Boksi is going to try and kill me, I'll change my action to grabbing the Dewprism and killing him, rather than just cutting the shadow amulet off of him. I'll kill the shadow queen too, since they're merged right? Two for one!
[Boksi: 6]/[Dark: 3] – Boksi charges a few Shadow Spikes, shooting them at Dark. [Boksi: 4 + 2]/[Dark: 6] Dark gets ready to dodge. [Boksi: 6 + 2]/[Dark: 3 + 2] Dark manages to block a few with his right hand, until getting hit in first his left and then his right leg. Boogerman suddenly turns very, very bright! While Boksi is momentarily distracted, Dark grabs Dewprism and tries to stab Boksi! [Dark: 4]/[Boksi: 5 – 3] Boksi has a hard time seeing Dark rush at him. [Dark: 5 + 1]/[Boksi: 1 – 1 – 3 + 1] (EPIC FAILURE DAMAGE!) Dark stabs through the Shadow Amulet and into Boksi. The Shadow Amulet explodes!

Everyone hears a little girl whisper: ...You shouldn't've done that...

So, since my left arm is gone... if ever someone were to go cleric on me, would my body still have the arm attached and I just wouldn't be able to use it, or what?

Anyways, my action is probably going to be trying to charge the figure with my left side forward, and spinning counter-clockwise, still going forwards mind you, once I get in range of his scythe. Once I'm spinning I'll have my elbow extended and aiming at his chin.
[6] – You start spinning like a top, as fast as you can possibly go, which is apparently really, really fast. (+2 to accuracy, +1 to damage) You spin towards Death! [sonerohi: 6 + 2]/[Death: 4] (EPIC ACCURACY!) You uppercut Death perfectly! [sonerohi: 5 + 1 + 3]/[Death: 3] (EPIC ATTACK!) His head flies off in an arc! (Death: -2 to accuracy) Death swings his scythe! [Death: 6 – 2]/[sonerohi: 1] He aims for your other arm! [Death: 2]/[sonerohi: 2 – 2] (EPIC FAILURE DAMAGE!) He slices off your other arm completely! Out of other options, you decide to headbutt Death! [sonerohi: 2]/[Death: 2] He tries to prepare! [sonerohi: 3 – 1]/[Death: 2 – 1] You hit him in the chest, knocking the scythe out of his hands! The figure disappears! At your feet lies Death's Scythe! The world slowly fades back to reality. {Can now call forth Death's Scythe}

NPC Actions:
None

Challenges:

Challenge 6: The Darkening World
Players: Everyone!
Spoiler: From Dark's Action (click to show/hide)

You have sometime between 8:00 PM and 9:00 8:50 PM tonight to stop them. Rounds now take ten minutes each. When the time reaches 8:00 PM, a random number out of the remaining ten minute intervals will be chosen. If it is 1, the Shadows will have won. Good luck. It is now 8:10 PM.

Challenge 9: Light and Dark?
Players: Frelock and Akroma
Frelock and Akroma both appear in a black and white world. Frelock is slightly faster than Akroma at adjusting to the new world, and is able to get to Akroma. He raises his Swiss Army Knife Hand and swings, only to freeze within centimeters of her face. Frelock and Akroma can't seem to move, as if somebody had frozen them both.
A voice rings out, “The key and the lock are now present, but where is the door?”
Another voice answers the first, “I thought the door was on its way.”
The first voice replies, “It's impossible now. The key is changed. It's been warped.”
Second voice: “What about the wisher? He might be able to make a new key.”
First: “No. It'd never work.”
Second: “The whole set is messed up. We may need to start all over.”
First: “There seems to be a new lock forming... Odd.”
Second: “And the key to that one is clearly untainted.”
First: “I suppose, but there's hardly any time.”
A new third voice sounds out. “What do we do with these ones?”
First: “Hmm... We'll let them fight it out. Whoever survives will be allowed back into the zoo.”
Reality seems to begin letting you move again. Akroma pushes out of the way of the knife and stands up.

Challenge 11: The Full Moon
Players: Everyone!
Full Moon Roll (Re-roll on 5-6)
[6/4] – The Full Moon will not appear next turn.

Challenge 12: Escaped!
Players: Frelock, Dark, and Boksi
Frelock explored around a bit, looking for anything he could find. After a few minutes of finding nothing, Dark and Boksi appear! Boksi appeared to have a knife still in his chest. Dark looked around, finally seeing Frelock.
“Where are we?”

Challenge 13: Shadow Dragon
Players: Boogerman, Jay Kayell, and anyone else that makes it to the gravity room.
Amulet Roll

[Boksi: N/A, Dark: N/A, Boogerman: 3, Shadow Queen: 1 – 2] – Boksi and Dark disappear from sight. The Shadow Queen lets out a horrible scream, whether it was from Dewprism or the Amulet is unknown, but Boogerman stands in the room, shielded by his immense glowing. Emerging forth is a dragon, darker than anything imaginable. It eyes glow red, with black teeth razor-sharp. Its wings fold outward from its body, crashing through the walls of the room. On the other side are a bunch of Shadows. The Shadow Dragon lets loose a loud roar, just as a bunch of scorpions followed by Jay Kayell appear. All the Shadows start to rush Boogerman. The dragon seems to be cancelling out the brightness of Boogerman.

Status Rolls:
Boksi [2] – Boksi starts bleeding from the knife wound. {Moderate Bleeding: -1 to damage}

Kashyyk: Wearing blood-stained pajamas. Wearing sunglasses. Beat Death.
Frelock: Wearing pajamas. Left hand is a paint-covered Swiss Army Hand. Has a giant Padlock. Has a broken right arm. Glowing. Has Swiss Army Hand Knife. In a forest.
Dark: Wearing pajamas. In a forest. Right hand covered in black stuff. Shadow Spikes in legs.
Jay Kayell: A large scorpion. Knows some karate. In the canyon room. Scorpion General. Wearing metal armor.
Boogerman: Wearing slightly burnt pajama pants. Wrapped in fire resistant gauze. Wrapped severe burns. Broken nose. Has Fire Mastery. Avatar of Flames. Glowing brightly. In the gravity room.
Akroma: Wearing Shadow Queen Attire. Shadow Parasol in right hand. Can summon Shadow Spikes. Queen of Shadows. Metal-meshed. In a white and black world. Holding a gun.
Nurir Torir: A ghost. In the canyon room.
Boksi: Naked. Has Minor Levitation. Can summon Shadow Spikes. King of Shadows. Metal-meshed. In a forest. Bleeding moderately. Has Dewprism stabbed in him.
sonerohi: A ghost. Beat Death. No arms. In the mirrored hallway(?).

NPC Status:
Scorpion Army: Following Jay Kayell. In the canyon room. Covered in black stuff.

Artifacts:
Dewprism (Nurir Torir's Knife)
Death's Scythe
Amulet of Shadows
White Soft Washcloth

Rooms:
The first room:
The first room is now bigger, since the walls were expanded. The old walls, as well as chest fragments, are now scattered all over the room. There is a hole in one of the walls, big enough to fit a person through.
The barred hall (the first hall):
There is still a strange humming in the hall. The door is slightly broken. There are a set of bars that cuts the hall in half. Some of the bars are cut.
The gravity room (the second room):
Gravity seems to be shifted in this room. Oddly enough, there is a door on the wall that would normally be the floor of the first room. It is broken down. The voice seems to have stopped. Nirur Torir's knife is on the ground.
The canyon room (the room beyond the first hall):
The room is a big open area, seemingly without a ceiling. The floor extends for some distance, then a gap appears, with more floor on the other side. The room is covered in burns.
The mirrored hall (hall after the second room):
This hall is made completely of mirrors, except for the occasional painting. One of the paintings has a giant rip in it. It is blank. Some of the mirrors are shattered. There is a glowing hole that is a portal.
The forest:
The forest is filled with pine trees and other coniferous trees. There is a door standing randomly in the forest.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 09:50:36 am by webadict »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sell-out's RTD Turn 18 and Someone Finally Escapes The Maze!
« Reply #334 on: December 10, 2008, 01:08:16 pm »

Typical you webadict, making me remove Nirur Torir just as he was about to get some vital infomation!
If he wants, I try to get Nirur back to the old man's place. If not I summon the shadows I killed and turn them to the light, making them angels to do my bidding! Come on the light!!!!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 10, 2008, 01:11:56 pm »

Typical you webadict, making me remove Nirur Torir just as he was about to get some vital infomation!
If he wants, I try to get Nirur back to the old man's place. If not I summon the shadows I killed and turn them to the light, making them angels to do my bidding! Come on the light!!!!
He got enough information. You just gotta put things together.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 10, 2008, 01:16:28 pm »

o_o o_o ^_^ >_<

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 10, 2008, 01:32:32 pm »

I attack the shadow dragon! And my army shall kill the other shadows.
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 10, 2008, 01:37:18 pm »

Ah, so you two were the other lock and key.  Good to know I escaped, and Akroma is still trapped.  Still, it's kinda weird that the button just, you know, appeared in my hand.  Deus ex Machina, anyone?

For this turn, I walk through the door.  (Boski and Dark, I suggest you come with me.  Perhaps I am the new door, and you are the new lock and key).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 10, 2008, 01:48:24 pm »

Kashyyk, thanks for saving me. I think I'll try to avoid old men who disapprove of magical stealing for a while.

For my action, I'll change the flow of time, so that we'll have more time to figure it all out, as I'm still quite confused about what is going on.

Edit- Bad joke removed.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 01:53:42 pm by Nirur Torir »

Boogerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 10, 2008, 01:50:14 pm »

I call forth a fire elemental to help me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 10, 2008, 02:14:25 pm »

Ah, so you two were the other lock and key.  Good to know I escaped, and Akroma is still trapped.  Still, it's kinda weird that the button just, you know, appeared in my hand.  Deus ex Machina, anyone?

For this turn, I walk through the door.  (Boski and Dark, I suggest you come with me.  Perhaps I am the new door, and you are the new lock and key).
You still have that button, you know. How do you think that man got into that one world?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 10, 2008, 02:38:00 pm »

Hey Akroma, I just realized: the man began shooting the walls and there was screaming.  Death and destruction?  Sounds like something you'd want to do...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 10, 2008, 02:47:37 pm »

Once darkness has consumed the world, I need a proper place to reside in. Thus, I summon my minions to build a tower of darkness for me
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 10, 2008, 04:53:42 pm »

Well this is just frikkin awesome. I've got no arms and a scythe. What to do what to do... I guess I'll attempt to use mind powers to create a big iron plate on my chest so that at leas they can't cut my heart or other vitals out. Using summoning for the plate thing too.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41