Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Here's a neat game i came upon (check last post first)  (Read 54432 times)

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Here's a neat game i came upon
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2008, 01:51:25 pm »

http://www.selectparks.net/index.php

interesting site...have not exploed it completely...
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Magnnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2008, 03:06:00 pm »

Recently I've been looking for a new space sim game, and Evochron Renegades looks great. I'm reading the forums and have been playing the demo, but I don't feel confident that 1 and a half hours will give me a proper review of this game. If any of you have the game and can tell me what you think of it or if you know of any better open ended space sim games that would be fantastic. Some things that I am especially curious about this game is what the multiplayer is like (as in is it just an arena or single time co-op mission with a few players or is it alike to an MMO where multiple people are in the world and you can interact with them however you want) and I'm wondering if you can eventually fly capital ships and carriers that can hold fleets of your ships.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2008, 06:06:51 pm »

In short, Evochron Renegades is unique among freeform space-sims in that it offers a wide range of gameplay choices and activities including buying, trading, negotiating, bribing, spying, racing, transporting, mining, exploring, cleaning equipment, clearing paths through asteroid fields, recruiting, protecting, hiring crew members, fuel harvesting, and designing your ship.

cleaning equipment???????!?!?! SERIOUS?!?! that sounds..umm..interseting. I used to clean the equipment in a restaurant i worked at, wasnt very fun, but i did get paid for it.

Honestly, Eve ONline has all that and more. And I am sure its done far better. It is not free of course, but the only good game thats free is DF. (lol)

I got nothing

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2008, 05:23:47 pm »

Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2008, 10:35:32 pm »

http://frontiermux.com

real time mech combat in a mud setting...looks nerdy cool

The graphical front end, THUD, is verry cool...mech goodness..mmmm.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:38:59 pm by yamo »

-Blackthorne

MeshGearFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2008, 01:08:30 am »

Battlecruiser would've been awesome if there was actually stuff to do in it. I mean, there are also literally career paths where NOTHING can even POTENTIALLY occur.

http://www.a-astra.com/

Ad Astra is sort of like Noctis, but you can kill things.

Also, there's Oolite, which is a rather cool freeware remake of the original Elite games with lots of nice mods available, and it's basically got a much more... dynamic-feeling world than the real frontier sequels had. It's also incredibly slow and the devs justify this by saying that "oldschool games are slow," even though the original Elite was a lot faster.

Also, I concur: Space Rangers 2 is great. The economic model is simpler than the X games, but the... way they handle the war with the dominators is awesome. Nothing's pre-set, so the entire war occurs based on the current state of the world, technology, and what other pilots are doing. Really fascinating.

Anyone remember hardwar?

Transcendence is also really cool but seriously needs updated bad.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2008, 09:47:00 am »

-Blackthorne

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2008, 10:33:52 am »

That Infiniverse thing is cool on a level almost approaching DF.
Shoes...

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2008, 09:06:16 pm »

-Blackthorne

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2008, 01:07:44 pm »

This game looks pretty cool:
Multiwinia

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2008, 03:09:04 pm »

http://www.codedread.com/games.php#COX

no, ...not the tetris game...scroll down...a couple of indy games...but CoX was updated this month.  i have a soft spot for games that the developer just won't let die. 

-Blackthorne

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2008, 03:40:51 pm »

Anyone else ever play an old dos game called Nomad?

Any recommendations of games that are similar to it? Sounds like Space Rangers 2 might be a lot like it, but I'm interested in what else might be out there like it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2008, 06:23:05 pm »

Jup, Oolite is a great game if you happen to be waiting for Braben to finish his vapourware Elite 4.

No mods though, more expansion packs, with missions and new content.

The original creator Giles Williams has dropped out, but several coders have taken up the torch real well.
The language for OXP's has 'recently' shifted from mac-based plist and hardcoded methods to javascript.
The most fun part about oolite is the ease with which users can pick up the skills for creating oxp's, did it myself for awhile.
Plus the forum is very friendly.

I had serious problems getting any sense out of BC3500.
Hardwar I managed pretty well, and it looked great, but it's sequel was too difficult somehow.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

stummel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2008, 10:09:21 am »

does anyone ever played "Magic of Endoria"? i think, df-gamers would really enjoy this classic.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2008, 05:23:34 am »

-Blackthorne
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20