Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven ADD?  (Read 1293 times)

ruiner333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven ADD?
« on: November 06, 2008, 02:45:40 pm »

I've never encountered this before but the last two forts I embarked on have given my dwarves attention deficit disorder. Its spread across my entire population. Some of the poo poo I'm watching happen:

• Designate a room to be mined and watch them trickle in one at a time to mine one square.
  • Pick a plant in the field and drop it in the hall to rot.
  • Bring all the materials to a shop and then walk away. 2 mins later take mats back to stockpile.

They are not being interrupted and they are all happy/boozed. No one is throwing parties. Any ideas?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven ADD?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 02:49:55 pm »

Nothing out of the ordinary.  They're just idiots.

Making your fortress compact is one possible solution, since it means they spend less time in transit - eating, drinking, sleeping, and breaking cause a lot of disruption.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ruiner333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 02:54:14 pm »

Nah this is abnormal. This isn't my first time around the block. Nothing is getting done at all. The dwarves that are dropping things are switching to entirely new jobs not going on break/eat/sleep. I'm strongly considering deleting everything and starting fresh even though I haven't made any changes to the raws/init in a long time.

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 02:59:17 pm »

Wasn't there a bug like this a few versions ago? I assume you've got the latest (otherwise an update might be in order), so that's probably not it, but eh.

Worldwaker

• Bay Watcher
  • Kitty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 03:11:28 pm »

Quick question, did you overwrite your DF folder when you updated or did you delete everything except for the world files/init?

ruiner333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 03:37:25 pm »

Yeah I think I'm just going to clean install again. I have the latest ver and this is only a recent problem but it would have to be my fault at this point. /shrug

Thanks

KrataLightblade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 05:47:59 pm »

Nothing out of the ordinary.  They're just idiots.

Making your fortress compact is one possible solution, since it means they spend less time in transit - eating, drinking, sleeping, and breathing cause a lot of disruption.

Fixed.
Noble corpses: the secret ingredient in machinery lubricant.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 06:15:43 pm »

I have to say that having ADHD makes this thread so funny.  But not KrataLightBlade's post, that's already funny.
Krata, krata, I've heard that somewhere before . . .
Where'd ya get that screen name?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

KrataLightblade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 07:26:29 pm »

Krata Lightblade was the name of a D&D Paladin I used to play, years ago.

My PREFERRED username is Shadowchaser, as that was my first and primary roleplay character, but that name is remarkably easy to come up with, apparently, so I can't use it anymore.

So Krata Lightblade is my "official" screenname here, on AIM, on the Penny Arcade boards, and dozens of other places where I can't use Shadowchaser.  *Laughs*
Noble corpses: the secret ingredient in machinery lubricant.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 08:40:48 pm »

Probably just a case of job cancellation messages being off