Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Creamcorn's super text adventure: ADVENTURE! World turn...ZOMGWTFBBQ #3! :D :D  (Read 12765 times)

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
Re: Creamcorn's super text adventure: ADVENTURE! World turn...#2!
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2008, 10:44:21 pm »

The spinning Update strikes the Roleplay forum in the Text Adventure Topic!
The shot glances away...
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2008, 05:25:30 pm »

So...

Anyone seen Creamcorn on lately?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2008, 09:30:27 pm »

"I've seen him on recently, inaluct! The next update must be right around the corner!"

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2009, 12:08:28 am »

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2009, 07:32:18 pm »

Oh wow, you guys actually want to start this again?

. . .

O.K! :D

But first I need a PM from everyone stating that they will continue this game again and hopefully we can expect one or two updates a week, at most.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2009, 09:21:05 pm »

No, but we need Turn 3

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2009, 09:36:23 pm »

Let's get everyone in here first. Someone should PM Shikogan.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2009, 01:00:26 am »

I'm all for continuing, though I might have deleted that PM which had all my stats...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2009, 06:22:17 am »

Don't worry I still have everyone's cards I only lost a few things but that's just ten minutes of work right there to make up for.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2009, 08:43:26 pm »

Turn three will continue when all participants post that they will continue playing this game.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2009, 09:07:01 pm »

I PM'd you, but I guess I'll post here too. I'm still in!
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2009, 07:29:24 pm »

Hey there kiddies! Just in case you were wondering, no I havn't forgot. I've been working on turn three in hopes of getting most of the players back.

Unfortunatly I've been interrupted in my work so expect an update next week. So far I've gotten three player turns down.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2009, 06:01:22 pm »

The Spinning update strikes the topic in the head!
It explodes into gore!
The topic has been updated.

webadict the petty thief's turn
You somewhat consider following your two short term traveling companions into the forest bush. Conjuring up your mental memory of where your club is placed within your backpack you suddenly decide that so far, it is the best choice.

Following closely behind Vaiolis you stumble through the vegetation of the forest. You gaze over your shoulder and see inaluct, who has a fair amount of trouble walking through the greenery of the forest. Both as so far are non the less wiser of your plotting intentions, considering if both even try anything. You keep your arms in a position that will let you take out your club in no less than two seconds.

(In case you don't get that Webadict you're basically considering knocking the two out with your club.)

Vaiolis and inaluct are occupied with their conversation concerning e.g of the use of plants during adventures.

inaluct the explorer's turn
You walk into the forest surrounding the road with a passion of exploration, marking down unique surrounding features of the area within your mind. A half split log near an empty burrow within a tree, a group of boulders next to a large spider's web supported by a rotting log, etc. Walking through the forest you find your armor hindering your movements, significantly as you almost trip several times. Falling ever so more behind webadict and Vaiolis you suddenly feel very safe and content with your surroundings.

You and Vaiolis converse on the uses of plants during adventuring, you learn of the proper use of physt dia berry and its closest cousin the physt dia moss.

"Spit the chewed flesh of any physt dia into a proper sized bowl from the ratio of the wound, mix with alcohol. Dip any type of proper bandaging into the mixture and apply to the wound; helps with healing and decreases the chance of infection for any wound."

Of the Physt dia catagories: both the moss and berry version are red in hue and grow in a symmetrical cross pattern.

Vaiolis the scientist's turn
Acting as leader to the group you begin walking into the forest, followed by inaluct and webadict. From years of studying botany you confirm that the forest is that of a temperate broadleaf forest, the forests are still a healthy green confirming that it is early summer. Considering that you already know all there is concerning this biome, you are clearly bored.

So to pass the time you're using scouting for signs that you are getting closer to the soapberry. You decide that you should teach something practical to your companions. inaluct is clearly listining but as far as you can tell webadict seems more preoccupied with moving through the vegetation.

Shikogan the run away's turn
Staring up at the expansive blue sky you half wonder what just happened and what you're going to do. You hear the unsheathing of metal, fearing the worst you quickly get up but half way through doing so, you see Frelock walking foward to try and quell the situation.

"Fear not weary travelers, we mean you no harm!"

Your on you legs when Frelock raises his arm, when all of a sudden you hear someone in the bushs yell.

"He's gona casta spell! Bend your 'eads!"

You hear a bow string being let loose *pwing* followed by the sickening sound of an arrow head stricking the uprotected flesh. Frelock lets out a gasp of pain and you hear his body fall to the ground, you almost can't bear yourself to put your head up but you do anyway. You see Frelock, he is flat on his back with his left arm at his side and his right arm away from his side. A wood shaft arrow the length of half your arm is sticking out from his upper chest, where it is very slowly forming a pool of blood.

You suddenly hear Kashyyk scream, charging like a mad bull towards the closest bandit. More bow strings are let loose but they bounce off like pebbles when they hit Kashyyk's armor. Kashyyk swings his sword at his target's neck, sending bits of the bandit's neck asunder the head goes flying towards the forest from where the bandit emerged. You hear some bandit archers flee into the forest, the now stumped body of the bandit falls to the ground like a crumbling fountain. You vomit at the sight.

Frelock the physician's turn
Having pointed out the archers still hidden in the forest and seeing that Kashyyk intends to do away with the bandits. You pause the ensuing battle by showing the bandits your silver ring of the physician's guild, which is a very well known guild. "Fear not weary travelers, we mean you no harm!" you say as you raise your arm to show membership. But unfortunatly your actions are mistaken for those of a wizards.

"He's gona casta spell! Bend your 'eads!"

Yells one of the bandits followed by a *pwing* noise than an arrow striking your left fifth rib! Luckily the arrow does not penetrate through into your heart, as it is stuck in the bone. Flashes of white spots crowd your vision, the air in your lungs suddenly blast out through your throat, you loose the feelings in your legs than your body as you fall prone to the ground.

You are now unconcious... you will regain consciousness next turn.

Kashyyk the ex body guard's turn
With a warriors dexterity and training you unsheath your weapon, and enter a fighters stance. The encroaching ambushers stop in there tracks and take half a step back. You've already choosen your first target.

When all of a sudden you hear Frelock speak openly to the enemies who have just ambushed you! You turn your head ever so slightly to view Frelock from your right peripheral.

"Fear not weary travelers, we mean you no harm!"

You suddenly know who this will turn out, *pwing!* You turn your head before you witness what you presume are Frelock's last seconds in the world of the living. You charge when you hear Frelock's body hit the road.

Screaming at the bandit you have targeted you hear more bow strings being let loose, followed by four arrows striking your armor, only to bounce off of the iron plating. You raise your left arm and for a moment stare into the eyes of your target, you see true fear in the browns of the bandit's irises. Swinging your sword your aim is true and cleaves clean through the bandit's neck, you do not even feel the cracking the neck bones as his head flys back into the forest! The archers flee as they witness this. You hear someone vomit as the bandit's corpse falls to the ground.

New map and update, enjoy! I will be rehauling a significant amount of things within this topic in the coming days.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I keep following the two. I mean, who knows what's in this forest. As long as none of them try and turn me in or anything. I'll just watch them carefully...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7