Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Creamcorn's super text adventure: ADVENTURE! World turn...ZOMGWTFBBQ #3! :D :D  (Read 12761 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

I'm headed to Vaiolis anyways, so I'll just go along with the group, keeping up some light conversation.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile

I also will go along with the group, acting completely and utterly normal, only with shifty eye's watching to see if someone is going to mug me/take me back home.

OOC: oh what didn't i send you i'll remedy this as soon as possible if i know.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was sort of hoping that Creamcorn would have assigned each of us the same equipment as a starting class in NetHack. That way, our team could have had a Rogue, an Archaeologist, and a Tourist.

Actually, that would be a bad idea. But I still think this is a nice, semi-discreet way of bumping a topic.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile

Sorry about the extreme lack of update, singular, see I'm not a complete faluire yet. Continuing...

Webadict's Turn
With Inaluct, and Vaiolis. Weary, and cautious of his two short term aquaintinces.

Walking behind the two figures Webadict wonders if Inaluct or Vaiolis are to be trusted by himself. Inaluct seems somewhat friendly, but could likly turn him in if the Empire of Weaving,(OOC:You never explained from where you escaped) if the dungeon keepers if decided to put a bounty on his head. Not many prisoners escaped, but nobles do tend to want to keep up with a reputation.
As for Vaiolis, well he seems as if he would not tend to think twice about that type of decision, being a, from what Webadict can tell, a scholar of some sorts; he seems as if he would certainly not think twice about such a decision.

Inaluct's turn

Speaking with his new traveling companions Inaluct feels much more comftorable than before. Besides trying to generally lighten up the mood Inaluct learns more about his companions, and what they do than he realized he could have.

Conversation (Player speaking highlighted by their color. These types of conversations will not really happen if a player dose not request them in a previous turn.)
So where do you all hail from?
I have traveled from the Province of Elosphieriea. Most renowned for their advance water systems, than just a crudely dug hole in the earth.
I came from that village south
I saw no village traveling here, and I travel allot!
I- it's far south, and t-to the west.
A costal village I'm sure? As the ocean of Tremble Blue is to the south.
AH! Ocean, what kind of fish do you catch there!
Eh, Big ones.
Be more specific! I'd care to learn more about it. And come closer too!
Streching his arms, but remaining slightly less closer.
T-this big
Uergh! Actually go back, I can smell your rotting cloths too well from here!

Inalucts Conversating Turn ends here

Vaiolis

Having just insulted Webadict, and not noticing his slight emotional pain. Vaiolis feels better about himself, and is still conversating with Inaluct, as he had not stopped talking.
Vaiolis feels only slightly comfortable in his small traveling group.

Conversation turn

Be nice to the man! Atleast he has clothing. Webadict if you don't mind I'm sure I can spare some clothing for you.
Well if he had heard about the lightsoap berry, which is easily supported by this biome. Than he would not have such a hard time smelling bad. It's skyblue, looks like a blue berry, but it dose not grow from a shuberry.
Than lets go look for it! Come Webadict!
I- I, er O.K., fine, lets go.
You are both going?
Yes! Unless you would like to travel to Viropdence by yourself?
Hm, allright than. Let's, but Webadict must stay far away enough for myself to not catch smell of him.
Fine, and where is this light soapberry?
Should be a couple hundred of paces towards that way. *Points north*
Allright, let's go than!

Inaluct conversation request ends on this turn.

Shikogan's turn

With his two compainions. A physician, and a well armed ex-body guard,(OOC:You learned this from speaking to them). Shikogan feels much more comfortable, and forgets his worrys.

Frelock's turn

Frelock freely speaks, and laughs with his companions. Learning more about them with each step.

Kashyyk's turn

Kashyyk walks with his companions, also learning more about them as he walks, but keeps a keen eye on his surrounding. He feels a tense emotion in the air.

Special event!

As Frelock is speaking with both of his companions concerning e.g. the way of proper nutrition. An arrow shoots out from nowhere, buzzing towards Shikogan's head, before even realizing it Kashyyk's reflexs take over, and saves Shikogan from a fatal wound. With precision Kashyyk pushs down Shikogan, and blocks the arrow with his shield, as he is doing so Kashyyk feels Hammy the squirrel scampering into his armor.(OOC:Don't know if I mentioned Kashyyk has a pet squirrel)
   Frelock is stunned in the moment, and sees everything in slowmotion for a second, untill he finally spots a figure in the bushs nearby fumbling with an arrow, and a bow. "In the bushes!" Than four other figures jump out of the bushes. Human bandits, they wear hooded robes, and seem to be wearing cheap leather armor. One of them is in a cleaner hooded robe, and seems to be wearing light scale armor. They all hold iron short swords, which seem cabable of doing a good amount of damage.

About the bandit-Bandits are typically armed with a varity of equipment, peasents or just corrupt beings whom have turned to a more lucrative life of stealing. They usually know a small number of skills in the way of combat, but are knowledgeable of many practicle, and social skills. They aren't easily recognized, well atleast when they aren't in dirty hooded robes robbing a group of unlucky travelers.

The better armed bandit walks foward a bit. Both sides stay motionless, and Frelock also notices another figure with a armed bow in the bushses, Shikogan is flabbergasted, and remains on the ground. The better armed bandit speaks. "YOU! GiVE Us YoUR Valuables if you value you them more than your lifE!"

MAP! :D

Mapity map map!
3 Shikogan,Frelock,Kashyyk 3 Webaddict,Inaluct,Vaiolis

███████████████████████████
█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█
█▲???????&&+&&"+~.^+^▲▲3##
█▲???????&&&&&&"~~^^^▲▲#▲▲█
█▲??????&&.."""""~.O###3▲▲█
█▲??????####O~~~~~..#^▲▲▲▲█
█▲??????#.""~~+~~&&.##^O▲█
█▲?????+#..""~~~&&&&.#o*▲█
█▲???&&&&&&&&"~~~""""====▲█
█▲▲▲▲▲^^^^^*^^="~~~~~~~~+▲█
█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█
███████████████████████████

I'd do a local map right now, but... well it's not that important for the world map. Anyway... HOWS THAT FOR A SECOND TURN! Also did not feel like going over this post, so... be wary of mistakes ;D
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
Re: Creamcorn's super text adventure: ADVENTURE! World turn...#2!
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2008, 07:43:24 pm »

Muahaha smelly Webadict :P

I suppose I'll continue to search for a soapberry for him. Could use a cleaner smelling area anyway.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2008, 07:45:53 pm »

Also forgot to mention that each of you have backpacks made of indestructable substances, which can hold an infinitly expanding amount of items.

Yeah, already thought that inventory was complicated enough. :(
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2008, 08:15:30 pm »

I guess I'll participate in looking for whatever, although I think we could probably just go to that town and buy him a bath or something. The opportunity cost of looking for a soapberry (lost time that could have been better used) seems a little bit high.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2008, 08:47:13 pm »

I disagree. I would gladly look for this soapberry, if so that I could possibly avoid the town. i would also enjoy a change of clothes. That'd be nice.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2008, 09:18:19 pm »

True, but there are people at a town, and that means it's fully explored for the most part! Since everybody else probably thinks the same way as you are, VERY few people would have gone to where we are going, and thus the odds of finding secrets is higher!
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2008, 11:52:47 pm »

Well, now that I think about it, the people in town might react to webadict better if he smells nice, so I guess looking for it is probably a good idea.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2008, 01:28:18 am »

I suppose I'll try to resolve this situation peacefully, saying something along the lines of "I have none of my valuables with me, save my skill at healing.  That, I will give you without cost or threats.  If you have any injured, I would be happy to help them."  Perhaps I could look for a gimp leg on one of the men or some other physical ailment which I could help him with, and pointing it out to show I know my stuff.  I also try to talk them out of their way of thievery while I'm at it (risks such as what Kashyyk is going to do to them, low profits from poor travelers).  Finding out what led them to this life of lawlessness could also be helpful.  All the while, I'll keep my eye on the bandit in the bushes (bows can give nasty injuries).
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2008, 05:04:58 pm »

Fine, I wanted to just cut them to pieces but instead I will stand behind Frelock looking menacing. Prepared to attack if anything gets messy.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2008, 07:59:37 pm »

So...

Still going?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2008, 05:53:43 am »

ditto

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2008, 09:28:27 pm »

I can feel the update coming...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7