Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37

Author Topic: Orcs: More things to kill - Now for DF2010!  (Read 147593 times)

jasonxfri13th

• Bay Watcher
  • He is Jesus and Raptor combined!
    • View Profile
Re: Orcs: More things to kill
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2009, 05:33:33 am »

NEVERMIND

IT WORKS!!!

Rysith, you should add it to the first page...

jarathor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2009, 12:29:22 pm »

Glad to hear it. ;D
If I'm not mistaken, there isn't a tutorial for making your own graphics set on the wiki, is there?
I looked for one quite a while ago, and couldn't find one.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2009, 05:31:33 pm »

Wow. This sounds great. I'll try it out ASAP.
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2009, 05:16:49 pm »

This mod looks awesome. In addition to orc sieges, will goblin sieges and megabeasts still come as normal?

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2009, 05:36:35 pm »

This mod looks awesome. In addition to orc sieges, will goblin sieges and megabeasts still come as normal?

Yep, the mod doesn't touch goblins or megabeasts, so they behave as normal. Orc sieges can prevent goblin sieges, and vice versa, though (you can't get two sieges at the same time, so you'll get sieged by whoever shows up first in a season.).
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Angellus

« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2009, 05:42:37 pm »

Hi ^^

It has been a very long time that I have posted here :)
Been a reader mostly.

How can I get this to work and I will have to regen a world not? (I wish for my current fortress to die out first, then have a pauze on DF as I always do after losing a fortress that has had hours and hours of work in it, then regen XD)

Looks like a great mod :D more things to burn ^^

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2009, 11:04:29 pm »

How can I get this to work and I will have to regen a world not? (I wish for my current fortress to die out first, then have a pauze on DF as I always do after losing a fortress that has had hours and hours of work in it, then regen XD)

Looks like a great mod :D more things to burn ^^

To get it to work, just add the orc entity to your entity_default file and the orc creature to your creature_default file. You will have to regen the world.
Try my orc mod!

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2009, 11:20:50 pm »

Thoughts?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2009, 03:53:35 pm »

Just tried this and...argh!
Orcish machinegunners.
We can't withstand firepower of that magnitude!

Made a new fort in a nice new spot. Winter in the first year rolled around and a small group of orcs appeared and laid siege to my 7. Tough fight, won in the end but took 3 nasty red wounded dwarves and that was after the orcs waltzed through a few stone traps.

Fair enough. 

Summer of the next year arrives. The elves never actually got any trading done as a herd of skeletal elk scared them off before they arrived at my depot, and I 'd not had much to trade witht he dwarves last autumn. Luckily I didn't need much either and in mid summer a huge horde of migrants showed up

2 weeks later, so did a huge horde of orcs. Lots of crushers and seemed to be lead by 2 "elite snipers", aka wandering minigunners. Between them their arrows blotted out the sun, which was bad as my dwarves were not cave adapted and the arrows were coming towards them. They all died.

It was sort of like this, only with a pair of bow wielding orcs instead. :'(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI42TeuwlMw

:P

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2009, 05:47:32 pm »

Now in my 3rd summer and no siege. Humans showed up for the first time, but I've traded as much as I can - a few thousand each with the elves and dwarves the previous two years. Wealth is only around 40K and population 10 (no immigrant fortress, though I got 3 anyway). Will the low pop prevent the sieges?

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2009, 06:44:52 pm »

Now in my 3rd summer and no siege. Humans showed up for the first time, but I've traded as much as I can - a few thousand each with the elves and dwarves the previous two years. Wealth is only around 40K and population 10 (no immigrant fortress, though I got 3 anyway). Will the low pop prevent the sieges?

Low pop shouldn't prevent sieges, no. Were they present on the embark screen? I've seen some times when orcs die off at the very beginning of worldgen (normally because they pick a fight with a few different civs at a time).

That said, if you are on your first time with the humans, that should be triggering around the same time as the orcs, so I'd wait for winter and see what happens then.

And, to avoid double-posting: New orcs should be coming soon, once I get their language together and test something that may do some combination of making them much more aggressive in world-gen and let me let them talk again (to solve the "unnamed orc" problem). Lanternwebs has been taking up a lot of my time, so Orc development ended up getting put on hold for that. You can, however, see the new orcs in action there, sans language.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 06:48:04 pm by Rysith »
Try my orc mod!

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2009, 08:21:57 pm »

Yeah, they were there - dotted red line, along with intimidator gobbos with no clothing drop. The gobbos are now in my civ screen, but I haven't actually seen them yet. I was turtled up for a few seasons trying to get any kind of defense going so an ambush party probably came and went. I was surprised the humans took so long. I'm not sure how long I'll last:

10 dwarves until kids roll through in a decade and a half
I'm only allowing one of each automatic trap (cage, stone, weapon)
I can have as many dwarven activated traps as I want, though, so I'll be working on a long upright spike/lever hallway (I got glass up and running in the first year), and I have lots of wood and will get a ballista on that hallway soon (and one worth a damn in about 5 years, probably)

Should be challenging...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2009, 08:27:02 pm »

Needz moar dakka!

Choppas, sluggas, shootas. That is what this needs.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2009, 10:44:10 am »

Needz moar dakka!

Except...
These are orcs with a C, as in Warcraft, not orks with a K, as in Warhammer.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2009, 05:31:25 pm »

Needz moar dakka!

Except...
These are orcs with a C, as in Warcraft, not orks with a K, as in Warhammer 40K.

Fix'd
If we're going to say something about 40k lets get it right.

And yes, I know what you were talking about.IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37