Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Mean Little Men [Succession]  (Read 14639 times)

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: Mean Little Men [Succession]
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2008, 03:12:10 am »

Got the file.  Will start my turn tomorrow or the 20th, when I'm on break.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2008, 08:05:14 am »

sign me up again, please. to Qloos.

Though it looks as though this thread is dying. :(

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2008, 08:15:31 am »

sign me up again, please. to Qloos.

Though it looks as though this thread is dying. :(
Aye, it does, wee laddy.  Hmm.  Only two people before my next turn.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2008, 11:12:26 am »

Dieing? I think not!  Heres my Christmas gift to you Thuellai:  You have until the 25th to get your turn done.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2008, 12:58:51 pm »

Dieing? I think not!  Heres my Christmas gift to you Thuellai:  You have until the 25th to get your turn done.

and we want your turn to be christmas themed!

Paint the fort red (with blood), get some worker elves (by enslaving the caravan), and Let their be toys of every variety strewn everywhere! It must be done!

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 27, 2008, 12:54:54 pm »

27th now and no update :(

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 27, 2008, 12:59:38 pm »

Dresdors turn.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 27, 2008, 11:56:13 pm »

Hey Qloos, PM Dresdor just to make sure he's gonna take his turn, i don't think i've seen him around the forums lately.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2008, 02:54:57 am »

Skipping him, last time he was active was nearly a month ago.  LegoLord's turn.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2008, 11:26:11 am »

Whoa, that was unexpected.  But I should be able to do it.  Expect pictures this time.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2008, 03:03:05 pm »

be sure to check out the town houses and multi z level tombs i did lego... :D

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2008, 10:52:03 pm »

Okay, here's the spring and (most of) the summer of 242.  Due to some technical issues, I couldn't get d3c0y2's save, so I'll be starting where the guy before him left off.

Diary of LegoLord, Evil Genius

1st granite, 242
I’m finally back in charge!  The new overseer is a complete idiot, some guy named Kaiser or something.  Easily duped.  The first thing I’ve had him do is fix the tombs.  Ratepe’s tomb was built in the wrong place entirely.  I had to have it moved.  It was supposed to go in that nice smoothed out room on the eastern side.  The peasant tombs are supposed to expand to the north.  Someone didn’t do that.

I’m also beginning the process of fixing the moat.   This starts with getting rid of the trees and stockpiles inside it.  Some idiot filled part of it with water and put walls in it.  What good is water in a moat, anyway?  How are we supposed to go in and get the stuff in it?

Yet another idiot let some stray kittens grow into cats awhile back.  We’re lucky they haven’t decided to adopt anyone yet.  I have ordered them to be butchered, along with a lot of other animals.  There are too many here.

2nd Granite
I found a lever surrounded by walls near the gate.  I pulled it, and found that it raised the drawbridge-something I had already provided a lever for in the far superior location of the hallway leading to the dining room.  This is due to be fixed.

6th Granite
I managed to get the drawbridge to Linthar’s hold pulled down.  Now the lever controlling it is being torn down.  He was doing nothing but fishing, so it’s a good thing we got in when we did.  He would have starved.  He is no longer allowed to fish.  We also have our other skilled mechanic back.  I know I’m good, but although I hate to admit it, he works faster than I do.

13th Granite
I discovered that many dwarves were going to a far corner of our territory to store items in a stockpile.  I found that they were going to this strange hole in the dirt far away from the rest of the fort.  Some one left a note asking not to disturb it.  I ignored the note due to the location’s uselessness, and have ordered it sealed.  On a side note, Ratepe’s tomb has been fully moved to its proper location.

Some kid working on the moat complained about how the sunlight was making him sick.  I just told him he’s being too emo.

16th Granite
Ratepe’s wife has given birth to a girl, just after the hippy Elf caravan was spotted.  That sounds like a bad omen for the girl.  I’d congratulate him, but it seems like he’s been upset with me lately.  Her name is Tulon Workswims.

21st Granite
I found a pair of locked doors labeled “future death pit!”  I unlocked them and took a look inside and found many of our dwarves locked inside.  Among them was our broker and several legendary dwarves, including a miner, gem cutter, clerk, and metalworker.  I let them out cause they were starving- er I mean, because they were no good to me dead.  I need to talk to Ratepe.

23rd Granite
I had someone trade with the elves today.  And by trade, I mean “seize all the fruit and seeds they had and grab some logs.”  There wasn’t much fruit.  There was a lot of cloth, though.  I made sure it was ignored.  Hopefully the Elves will bring more fruit and less cloth next time.  Maybe even some sun berries.

2nd Slate
At long last, my personal chambers are near completion.  I started it my first year here, but after losing my influence over Ironvalley, no one felt like having it finished.  I have unofficially adopted the caged cougar.  It is tethered next to my door.

7th Slate
I just noticed that there are more farms than could ever be necessary.  I’ve ordered some of them removed.

12th Slate.
Arggh!  A baroness, tax collector, and hammerer have arrived!  For some reason, though, the tax collector is not demanding coins be made.  I am suspicious.  I don’t think the King approves of this outpost.  I fear my days here may be limited.  Unfortunately, I have to keep them happy, or else they will become suspicious.

14th Slate
The wave of migrants continues to flow.  The moment the 110th dwarf arrived, the Baroness declared this land a county, and proceeded to give herself a promotion.  I hate her.

24th Slate
I’ve removed all the finished good stockpiles.  They are simply taking up too much time.  Everyone chooses to go out and grab some useless craft rather than do their job.  It’s irritating.  That problem is solved now.

1st Felsite
Olon Syrupswamps, some dabbling mason, just made an excellent table.  I can see it in a museum one day.  It’s called Lanziltalul, “The Venerable Language.”  It’s valued at 70800 bucks.

With all the commotion with that immigrant wave, I didn’t even notice he was working on it.

9th Hematite
The human caravan has been spotted.  There’s no diplomat, although I have to say I haven’t expected to see a human diplomat since the last time I had any power over the dwarves of this fort.

16th Hematite
Curse the incompetence of the previous rulers!  The human caravan only just arrived at the depot today because of the channel from the brook and that insanely huge wall!  I’ve ordered a section of that wall demolished and designated the construction of a bridge over the channel.

17th Hematite
Rather unexpectedly, a human diplomat arrived today.  I hope he’s here for a trade agreement, and not to arrest me for driving the last diplomat insane.

19th Hematite
Hmm . . . the diplomat was here to sign a peace treaty.  The Baroness got very angry when he said that.  It’s lucky I was there at the time to stop her from causing problems.  I told the diplomat that she’d been having a bad day and that she’d actually be happy to sign the treaty.  That was close.  There have been some nasty battles these past few years.

2nd Malachite
Migrants arrived.  A total of nine people and two animals.

4th Malachite
I’ve sealed myself inside my chambers for protection.  I don’t feel safe with those nobles around.

27th Malachite
It’s been one dull month.  I’ve been watching things from the crystal glass window of my tower.  Kaiser has also been slipping messages under my door on paper birds.  I tamed the wolves that have been stuck in cages inside my quarters.  One of them must have killed before, though, because it had a taste for dwarven flesh.  I was, however, armed with a pick, and managed to kill it.  I should be having wolf sometime soon.

1st Galena
A metal crafter has been possesed!  I wonder what he will make . . . hopefully it won’t be a corpse.

11th Galena
The metal crafter made Thebilrigoth, “The Silky Crafts,” a copper amulet worth 79200 bucks.

What an appropriate name.  Too bad there’s no silk on it, though.

Okay, that's all for now.  Sorry about letting Linthar out, ChaoticJosh, but he was our only legendary mechanic and he was stuck on a fishing loop.  He would have starved to death.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 04:27:20 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2008, 11:11:49 pm »

I'm honestly surprised that Linthar has survived for as long as he has.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2008, 11:23:36 pm »

He had a huge food stockpile.
Just so I remember

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2008, 09:06:07 am »

dude, did you skip my turn?

the baron and stuff arrived on my turn D;
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13