Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Mean Little Men [Succession]  (Read 14647 times)

Ratepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mean Little Men [Succession]
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2008, 11:52:04 pm »

Spring
So just the other day I got assigned to the Bakedfools outpost.  I was excited at first…until I actually got here. I walked in what seemed a large outside corridor that seemed to last for forever!  And get this diary: When I finally got out of that small labyrinth, there was a series of small bridges, water EVERYHWERE!  And then I saw it, the bloody island, where there was what seemed like goblins and wolves duking it out. Oh god, the blood and the chunks and the vomit! And the denizens just watched them and laughed!  When the bloodbath was over and there was only one left standing, the dwarves turned foul and shot the victor… these guys sure are some MEAN LITTLE MEN!

1st Granite, 241:
I started to explore this foul place, but I haven’t quite found my way around yet…It seems that everyone sleeps in one giant room, all cramped up.  There are engravings everywhere, the stockpiles are messes!  While roaming what seemed to be a mining tunnel, a strange man with a crazy look in his eye came to me and pulled me aside, telling me that I would be the one to run this place…seriously?  Shortly after, still dazed as to what happened, I came into a large room…

I better be careful...
Yea…this place needs a leader.  I order for INDIVIDUAL rooms to be dug out, and for mass doors to be built…where the hell is the masons’ workshop around here?  There are levers everywhere, so I don’t really know which one to pull… I heard there was a doomsday switch somewhere… so I better be careful.  I also noticed a lack of farms, I saw one small one outside, which is textbook…but I didn’t see any underground ones, so, I ordered for the creation of a farm room!

So I grab all the champions and form up a squad of ass kickery of the highest order… “The Planks of Scorching!”

13th Granite:
The farming project is nearly done, all we have to do now is plow the fields.

20th Granite:
Ambushers! They catch a hunter off guard and slaughter him. 

I tell everyone but our Elite Planks to go inside, this is going to get ugly.  I station my men near the elven caravan, and…Crap! Another ambush!

This time they go for a woodcutter, he tries to make a run for the hills, but I lose sight of him as I see one of the champions wander away?! I send the others to make sure she isn’t alone…ANOTHER AMBUSH! They caught Momuz by himself!

But he makes short work of the ambushing party.  I don’t know why, but these guys just don’t seem to stay together.  I send my main force to deal with the first ambushing party…Piece of cake, not one scratch on our boys

…but oh shit! I spot the woodcutter again and send out the guys to deal with the gobbos, but they seem to be retreating! Success!

2th Granite:
Some goblin snatchers came up, messed up a hunter pretty bad, I think he’s going to make it. The child molester was killed shortly after. And the other one ran away. 

3rd Granite:
Scratch that, the hunter died.

3rd Slate:
Ooo about 18 migrants! Hmmm I fell like Security is lacking… Ill get Fikod, Athel and an already experienced swordsman, to stand guard.  Thob shall be leading them.

9th Slate:
Another pesky but dead gobbo child molester. PROCESS HIS BONES!

20th Slate:
Possesion! I also built 2 metalsmith forges, need it so I can pump out the Iron Platemails for our army.

27th Slate:
Legendary item was created

3rd Felsite:
Rhesus macaques, sending my rookie squad after them.

10th Felsite:
More macaques… Lolor butchered them. Building larger arms and armor stockpiles, same with clothings and gems and metal.

25th Felsite:
A mandate that I didn’t even know about has ended! :D

Ratepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2008, 11:55:26 pm »

Summer!

13th Hematite:
The mayor has mandated the production of 3 sterling silver items. I don’t even think we have sterling silver!

17th Hematite:
A new Mayor has been elected, but that doesn’t matter. I’m building him a new room made out if IRON!

Summer wasn’t very eventful, and seeing those other guys die earlier, I decided to make myself a pure platinum tomb at the bottom of the fort, and a fallout bunker on the top right just in case things go crazy.

Fall

13th Limestone:
Construction on a fallout bunker is nearly finished.  And a dwarven caravan came in, I wonder what they have?

28th Limestone:
Some more Kobold thieves, none of them make it out alive.  Silly beasts.

28th Sandstone:
[Paranoia] MY bunker is done, all it needs now is the furnishings in which I can do myself…

2nd Timber:
With fall almost over with, the trees are now starting to look like dried brown husks, I look up into the night sky to hear Legolord start screaming from atop his tower.  Something about catapults.

22nd timber:
The construction on the future fighting pit has started, and there is now an export on QUIVERS!

Ratepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2008, 12:03:39 am »

Winter!   

10th Moonstone
Legolord just keeps standing there with a sad look on his face, on top of his tower.  I feel bad for the guy.

4th Opal:
Operations continue smoothly, but the animals…the animals…must die…

26th Opal
A kobold thief tried to make it past one of our champions, but instead got the shit beat out of it by a right iron gauntlet.

3rd Obsidian:
This guy must have seen what happened

21st Obisidian:
The fighting pit is complete, and my plan is reaching its final stages...

28th Obsidian:
A child decides to start a party at the new pit, in which two peasants are duking it out.  With enough people in there, I lock the two doors that lead out, and with everyone entertained…I’m pretty sure nobody caught me.  I toss a key to a fool just standing around in the kitchen and tell him to enjoy.  I slip back into the dredges of this outpost’s society, but a lowly peasant again.  Let’s have a social experiment shall we? Hahahahah

Ratepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2008, 12:22:44 am »

Thats what the end looks like.

Not much really happened after Spring. Making new rooms/furniture hauling/stone dumping (at least 1000 freaking stones)/metalsmithing/building a fallout shelter, that really put a damper on my progress, but I thought the Fighting pit was pretty pimp.
My only regret was not finishing my shelter in time :(

Also, remember to shift+n for notes

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2008, 06:34:00 am »

Your tomb will nevar be better than my tomb! NEVAR!

on a side note, good luck Sarasti.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2008, 07:23:40 pm »

What happened to my dwarf?  Did she go melancholy?  (I did not intend for her to be a she, by the way, and if that did happen this would be a good opportunity to correct that).

Still, nice job.  I think "the dwarf is shooting the dwarf" is from my turn, when the world gen hero liaison went berserk.  Man, that was awesome.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Ratepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2008, 09:19:31 pm »

Nah, it just says she is used to tragedy, and always stands on top of the tower by the restraints, when not shooting a catapult.  She went thirsty once, but got something shortly after.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2008, 09:48:29 pm »

Nah, it just says she is used to tragedy, and always stands on top of the tower by the restraints, when not shooting a catapult.  She went thirsty once, but got something shortly after.
Oh, okay.  Hmm . . . this gives me ideas for my next turn (whenever that will be).

Of course the idea assumes LegoLord is still alive, and there's no guarantee of that.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Ratepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2008, 11:28:58 pm »

Can you put me on the list again? Im afraid Ratepe's plans aren't complete

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2008, 08:15:31 am »

has anyone seen Sarasti around?

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2008, 12:38:13 pm »

He posted saying he received the save file, (next page back.)  Patiently waiting for his reply as he's well within the time limit still.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2008, 06:59:02 am »

just to let you know im still here, been rebuilding my system and installing everything, but good to see im ready to play my turn. also read through the thread just now, nice work guys!

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2008, 07:30:58 am »

Sarasti has until Sunday morning.  Thanks for reminding us all you're still alive d3c0y2!

Viprince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2008, 08:01:35 am »

Hmm.. These dwarves seem to be having it to easy!!

Sign me up

Sarasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2008, 07:28:09 pm »

I may politely request an extension till Sunday evening, but we shall see - stupid finals week.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13