Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Mean Little Men [Succession]  (Read 14627 times)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mean Little Men [Succession]
« on: November 04, 2008, 06:51:47 pm »

Another succession game, I'll be your host for this event.

Qloos
dresdor
LegoLord
IronValley
Linthar
chaoticjosh
Ratepe
Sarasti (crash)
d3c0y2
Thuellai
dresdor
LegoLord
rucksackjack (pm)
Koji
ChaoticJosh
Ratepe
Viprince
d3c0y2
Maggarg - Eater of chicken
LegoLord

Unfortunately there are going to be some rules for this event.
  • No starting equipment or skills.
  • 5x5 starting location
  • Place an imaginary 5x5 square, (not cube) overtop of any trap you build, no other traps can be built in that area.  1 Weapon per weapon trap limit.
  • Nobles will be kept happy to the best of our ability
  • No Atom smashing living things, (on purpose atleast.)
  • Military can never comprise of more than 20% marksdwarfs.
  • No booze cooking
  • No Quantum Stockpiles
  • An attempt must be made for all trade caravans to be allowed access to Trade Depo and for all immigrants to be allowed inside the fortress, (After getting inside you can do whatever you want to either party)
  • players have 1 week each to finish their turn or they'll be skipped.  When you start your turn please reply to the thread announcing so
  • 1 Year turns, (unoriginal but soooo easy to manange)

Oh I nearly forgot the mention, the theme for this succession is MEAN!  LITTLE!  MEN!

Feel free to request a Dwarf to be named for yourself, but of course you can't pick his/her skills. Running on 40D

after you complete a year you can re sign up again.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 06:58:31 pm by Qloos »

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
Re: Mean Little Men [Succession]
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 07:03:08 pm »

I'll gladly take this challenge.

Muahaha...

Muahahahaha....

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAHAA!!!

BTW are death rays (i.e. ballistae) legal?  Every evil fortress must have some

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 07:05:14 pm »

I'll take a turn of this if possible.  I might not be available though.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 07:07:20 pm »

I'll take a turn.

Edit: 2 5 6  2 7 3 9 8 4 2
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 07:38:47 pm by IronValley »

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 07:07:56 pm »

BTW are death rays (i.e. ballistae) legal?  Every evil fortress must have some

Legal.  Especially if you're using wooden ballista arrows against invading elfs.

LegoLord, when your turn comes around I'm giving you 3 days to reply to thread or I'll assume you're "busy" like you said.

Where are my 10 numbers guys?  I need it for the "totally random starting location"
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 07:09:31 pm by Qloos »

Linthar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 07:16:23 pm »

I'll be glad to take a turn.

Numbers: 7   5 6 2   5 6 4   7 4 1

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 07:18:14 pm »

3 8 7 2 6 2 8 7 1 4

Thar ye go, laddey
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 08:17:21 pm »

Ok, using all them random numbers this is our location.

Starting my turn.

and we're REAL lucky to have a brook and native plants or else all the dwarfs would of died of dehydration and starvation..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 08:21:41 pm by Qloos »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 08:26:46 pm »

sign me up if theirs no experience prerequisite.

this would be my first Succession game, but i've already started my own forts with challenge in mind, and i suppose this'll test my mettle thus far.

i just need some directions on how acquiring and using the save file works and how to pass it on when i'm done.

i wish i got here sooner, my numbers probably woulda put us in the frickin ocean or on a glacier.

i'd like a dwarf named after me, that'd be just dandy.

i wish everyone the best of luck, and i hope you guys are interesting writers.

Ratepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 02:24:40 am »

If there's room for one more, I would like to join.  I'm no DF expert, but im not bad either. :D

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 03:29:15 am »

1st of Granite 235.
Hello, my name is Mad Oslanraluk and this is my diary.  You may be wondering why I tied up 6 dwarfs and took them on a wagon ride out into the plains with out any supplies.  Or why my name is "Mad" Oslanraluk.  The simple answer is that I'm a sadist.  The long answer is that I don't like them because they're also sadists.  Others may call us unethical but atleast I'm doing everyone a favor by being sadistical against the other unethical Dwarfs.

Did I say no supplies, we still have the wagon pullers for meat and the wagon to make our trade depot.  What will we have to trade when they actually care enough to come looking for us?  Plants and raw fish!  Lots of it!  (and maybe some spare clothing if someone were to inadvertently die during the next couple of months.)

Out of my 6 companions no one has a single useful skill, and I only know one others nickname "Chaoticjosh."  Whatever, I don't care what their names are.  So long as they catch fish and gather plants for me to survive until the fall caravan arrives.

4th of Granite.
I've begun hunting, (a task for manly people, everyone else fishes or gathers plants like girls.)  When I return with the kill everyone mocks me for only killing a half starved groundhog.  I told them to shutup or we're going for another wagon ride where there isn't any fishing to be had.  That shut them up.

17th of Granite.
One fellers gettin real good at cooking, she made a wild strawberry roast and is rendering fat from my kills.  The others are fishing so successfully the other guy can't keep up and the edible plants are stockpiling high.

23rd of Granite.
The butchers shop is cluttered with animal remains, I've designated a refuse stockpile but no one seems to want to touch the filthy remains.  Finally in a fit of anger I overturn the makeshift butchery block and topple all the bones onto the ground, yelling at them "now clean it up!" 

6th of Slate.
Everyones been laughing at me for only catching 6 or so groundhogs over an entire month.  But today I saw a cougar.  We'll see who's laughing when I come with that trophy piece on my shoulders.

*Journal Continued from Point Of View of "Bull", the fishcleaner.*

7th of Slate.
Our plan worked, constantly mocking Oslanraluk and questioning his manhood when we knew the cougar was out there has caused him to challenge wildlife that shouldn't be challenged.  We've named the Cougar Vunomtharnas for killing the bastard who wagoned us out here.  Looting his body I found his blood encrusted diary.  Whoever is in charge will record our progress as the time goes by so that theres a record.

26th of Slate.
We sat around today and discussed the situation.  We agreed that trying to return home now is pointless and we don't know the direction back home.  We just need to keep foraging for food and wait for some passing traders to find us.  Then we jump them: Take their wagon, and get home.  I also overheard someone say how much they love having the animals around for company.

27th of Slate.
I've butchered the animals.  Later that day I heard her crying as she slept in the sand. 

21st of Felsite.
Fikod the crybaby cook has started making skull totem out of her beloved horses, we've nicknamed her "baby."  For being a crybaby.

3rd of Hematite.
Theres a wolf pack on the hills to the East of us.  I sure aint going to be goaded into hunting like the last fool who was in charge.

17th of Hematite.

Apparently they've elected scum against me, saying he's in charge and label me a fish handler.  Fine, I'll pull the strings from the background.  They'll sing my tune.

5th of Malachite.
Rhesus Macaque are trying to steal everything!  I've told everyone to wrestle them to death and reclaim our belongings.

A Rhesus Macaque has stolen a (giant cave spider silk cap)!
A Rhesus Macaque has stolen a (giant cave spider silk sock)!

*a diary page has been torn out in anger*

8th of Malachite.

People have been complaining about stupid things lately.  They need to get over it and get back to work.  The only other person in high spirits besides myself is Chaoticjosh, he struts about thinking being expedition leader of a pack of loonies is meaningful.

13th of Galena.
I've ordered baby to start making crafts from all the Rhesus Macaque bones so we can make up some of the losses from their theft.

27th of Galena.
For some inexplicable reason everyone is cheerful again. 

1st of Limestone.
Fishery, kitchen and craftdwarf shop are being dismantled for building material.  In their place the trade depo is being built.

12th of Limestone.
A trade caravan has arrived.  I've been plotting for this day for months.  I have no intention of letting anyone leave.  I've become accustomed here.  Taking the role of the broker of the group and book keeper I get ready at the trade depo before the traders even arrive.

18th of Limestone.
I stepped up onto the trade depo - the trade depo  covered in blood and fish guts and withered plants and rotting logs - I stood proud upon that construction and addressed my 5 companions.  "We are overjoyed to have our brothers from the mountain home here to trade with us."  I paused for the cheering and whistling, their eyes glowing, ready to go home.  "We have quite a few things of trade, we've produced many goods while stranded in this wilderness and we are overjoyed to share them over a banquet."  From the corner of my eye I saw 'baby' hugging a comrade waiting for me to go on.  "However, there is a grave matter I must share."  The liaisons eyes took on a suspicious look, he knew we should have 7 dwarfs in our company.  "Go on" he said simply, and go on I did.  "As you know Oslanraluk was our original expedition leader, unfortunately he was murdered by someone in the group.  We found his body mangled and broken some distance fr-"  An outraged member of the party storms forward "It was a cougar!  The claw marks attest to that!"  I raise my hand in patience as everyone in the party starts turning against me.  "As the remains are since gone theres no proof, I know how much you all want to go home.  But we can't risk having a murderer return to our mountainhome when we don't know who it is!"  The liason clears his throat.  "Do you have any idea who it could of been?"  The caravan guards eyes wait, their hands mindlessly linger closer to their weapons.  My gaze passes over Chaoticjosh's.  For a moment I wonder if I should put the blame on him, remove him now for daring take my spot as expedition leader.  But a nagging voice at the back of my mind stops me as I open my mouth, the voice says "better he be stranded here and suffering then dead and done with it."  I shrug apologetically "I'm sorry, I have no idea."  I gesture to all the totems and extra clothing and roast meals.  "We're going to need some supplies if we're going to stay here, no reason the innocent people should starve out here."  The liaison nods, "too true, and thank you for your honesty." I smile.  "Of course."

19th of Limestone.
Unfortunate for us they didn't have any axes, however they did have a couple of picks to get us off the surface and safely underground.  I'll need to watch my back if I'm to claim my rightful position as expedition leader.

22nd of Limestone.
I've begun carrying a pick with me, and I sleep away from the others.  We've finalized the trade agreement.

23rd of Limestone.
We've deconstructed the trade depo now that the negotiation are over and have used the wood for extra beds.  Totaling our beds to 5.  5 beds for 6 dwarfs. . .

14th of Timber.
All food is being moved underground where it belongs. 

10th of Moonstone.
With stone at hand we've constructed mechanisms, dug and found sapphire and have secured ourselves underground in proper dwarf fashion. 

14th of Moonstone.
I don't get a bed, thats fine with me.  I don't trust them anyway.

20th of Moonstone.
A regular bucket isn't badass enough

21st of Moonstone.
My artistic talents must be very renown.  We already have our first thief group, one was impaled with a pick, the other two were beaten to death.

11th of Opal.
I find great joy in seeing this wild tangle of a land being built into a proper dwarf outpost.  However, my friends mistrust me and don't understand what it is I'm trying to accomplish, only with me as their trusted expedition leader will we make true progress.  However, I feel that I'm being undermined from more than one side.  Hopefully I can survive long enough to see my vision through.  I'm becoming increasingly worried that someone will pickpocket my diary, I'll hide it inside some half rotten roast that no one would even think of eating. . .

*last diary entry of "Bull"*

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=638
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-3882-bakedfools-meanlilmen
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:55:26 am by Qloos »

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 06:17:12 am »

Craftsdwarf shop, fishey, kitchen....

What did you make the butcher's shop from?

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 08:26:39 am »

the original leader's skull

Sarasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 09:50:02 am »

Yes, I realize this is my first post in the forum. (Long time lurker, first time poster.) I don't suppose I could be signed up on the list, though?

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 11:38:47 am »

Craftsdwarf shop, fishey, kitchen....

What did you make the butcher's shop from?

I swapped it out and made the craftsdwarf shop from the butchers shop.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13