Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Mean Little Men [Succession]  (Read 14650 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mean Little Men [Succession]
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2008, 06:56:42 am »

ChaoticJosh the 2nd's Journal entries: all of spring

We are victorious in battle! The green menace has been squealched, and not too soon, as the Elves arrived and were headed straight for the battleground.

a brief recap of the battle

the five crossbowgoblins died at the hands of Urist the champion, Tirist the champion, and somebody else the swordsdwarf. a planter and gem cutter were mowed down before they could arrive however.

but egads!

another assault, directly south of the fort. The battle was quickly met by Urist and Tirist, but Tirist was dealt a lethal strike to his heart, and bled to death shortly thereafter. Urist avenged him though, defeating all of the goblins. The yellow X marks the spot where Tirist died, and i placed a note to commemorate his sacrifice.

As I said, the damned Elves arrived, but they seemed nice enough so trading wasn't out of the question. I gave them some of the useless knickknacks lying around in return for all their barrels, cages, alcohol, and a single bin of cloth.

Migrants arrived, and i guess somebody else pissed the king off, because here comes one of the stupid assholes from the nobility, a dungeon master.

I bet that asshole'll want his own room too, best start preparing one just in case. we also got an assortment of peasants and fish cleaners, nothing special.

The resident Armorer is acting up though, he kicked Fikod the L. blacksmith outta the only metalsmith's forge and has started collecting things. i'll have to bust his nose if he causes anymore trouble.

but oh wait, it appears he was working on something, and its a bitchin' new shield!

from building that thing, he seems much more capable with his hands, so i've set him to forging new armor for the entire military.

The workshop room is now running much more smoothly than when i found it.

the three wood furnaces have three dedicated wood burners pumping out charcoal nonstop, three furnace operators using said charcoal to smelt iron and platinum bars from the nearby magnetite/platinum pocket, and the one metal forge where Fikod the Blacksmith and The whats-his-face the armorer can produce high-quality metal goods. lord, they're goods are so good, they've already increased fort wealth by 100,000. Also, as you can see, i've created shafts deviating from the room, these are exploratory mines. I've created these as i suspect that many more precious ores are but feet away, hell, we've already got another magnetite and native platinum vein. Fikod the L. Blacksmith oughtta be able to do something useful with that platinum.

In light of the recent attacks, i've ordered a wall and a road to be built.

These will stretch for as far as the eye can see and any attackers will invariably be funneled into it and fall prey to our very sparsely laid traps. i wanted to set more traps but as i was about to give the command, some nutjob named Legolord tackled me and said i couldn't, that i needed to keep a very specific distance between them. i asked him why, but he wouldn't answer, he just stared at me intensely until i agreed. I need to keep an eye on that one, all he does is fire rocks at at a wall and reload cage traps that were placed an uncomfortably long distance away from the fort. i have no idea why, and i don't have it in me to tell him to stop.

Some of my other commands that are not pictured include the construction of another large barracks with beds so some of the newer recruits and peasants have a place to train and sleep, and the near completion of the POW execution island. Those mechanics need to hurry the hell up, i want to see some greenies get shot!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2008, 07:31:59 am »

"I'm hurrying, I'm hurrying!"

There are cage traps all over the place?  Weird, I wonder who placed them.  I only built the one on the moat.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2008, 04:00:58 pm »

We got the most pussy dungeon master I've ever laid eyes on.  Someone steal his teddy bear.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2008, 04:16:11 pm »

ChaoticJosh the 2nd's Journal entries: all of summer

Summer started off on a much more uneventful note than I had thought. I had deduced that the human civilization was seriously pissed off at this fort for some reason, and thus i was preparing for any Human attack, but on the contrary, not only are they not pissed off, they want to trade.

Rather hesitant at first, i decide to just accept it and I buy all their bars, cages, barrels, alcohol, meat, leather, plants, iron bolts, and cheese with two of Fikod's specialty anvils. I bid them farewell, and as they're lumbering away, i remember that i should've been greeted by a liaison but wasn't, i wonder why that is.

Some time later, My exploratory mines pay off big time in the form of a giant-ass native gold vein!

I also found some tetrahedrite veins earlier, if we combine the two, i'll be in electrum heaven baby yeah!

Things have been pretty boring lately, i mean yeah, there was that gold, but i need something that bleeds. Fortunately for me, the first demonstration of the POW execution island is fully prepared!

right their you can see two caged gobbo thieves and a human that had the audacity to attack the great dwarven civilization, and for that, they will die. To the right of the island is Urist, the champion, now with a crossbow, ready to fire away.

Throw the switch guys!

YEAH! SHOOT'EM! SHOOT'EM! KILL KILL! 

YEAAAHHHH! ALRIGHT! THEY'RE ALL DEAD! NOW LETS PREPARE THE SECOND BATCH! MUWAHAHAHAHA!

excuse me for that last entry journal, that was incredible unprofessional.

Not much else to say about summer, Dodok, the former mayor get voted out and replaced by some asshole named Goden.

Why is he an asshole? because he hasn't been mayor for more than a season, and he has already instituted two mandates, one for 1 spear, easy enough, but the other was for sterling silver items, and i only have 1 sterling silver bar. I get a serious fucking headache trying to deal with these guys that think they're big shit, but i'm the one calling the shots around here, ME!

The last days of summer are coming to a conclusion, but i get a surprise just before the final day passes.

Looks like Autumn is gonna have a present for me.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2008, 05:00:40 pm »

Knowing that I had a part in this madness makes me feel happy.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Ratepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2008, 11:02:23 pm »

Am I the only one that thinks 'The Fleshy Portal' is funny?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2008, 01:03:11 am »

how so?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2008, 09:48:16 am »

ChaoticJosh the 2nd's Journal entries: all of autumn

Autumns just starting, and whats-his-face finishes whatever he was working on.I am greeted with a very grim treat...

A coffin! is this a joke or a premonition? I don't know but this is a bad omen, a very bad omen. Perhaps i'll die here? i don't want to think about it.

For further safeguarding, i quickly order the second half of the funnel walls built and lay down more sparsely laid traps.
I should be safer now.

GREAT news! a huge dwarven caravan arrives.

i counted'em as they came in, 7 wagons and 7 pack animals.

They come bearing treasure of every variety, and i am quite pleased. Still no liaison though, what the fuck is up with that?

i trade some more goodies that Fikod made in exchange for bars, blocks, barrels, alcohol, meat, plants, milk, cheese, a couple bundles of steel bolts, and a new mace to give to our resident macelord. He should be happy.

I am delighted as the very first baby dwarf is born under my reign!

His Mother named him Zulban Boathelps, a very odd name, what the hell IS a boat? I know i've never seen one.

As the last days of Autumn near their end, i notice an exceptional engraving as I eat in the dining hall.

I can only think that that dwarf loves my execution island as much as I do. This engraving is now my favorite engraving.

Some other events not pictured include the discovery of not one, but TWO fat magnetite veins, and another BIG native platinum vein, this fort'll be swimming in ore forever! Also, i've renovated the butchery shop to be separated from the rest of the storehouse and have begun butchering all the excess animals that we have caught, including the crapload of groundhogs we've recently captured and tamed. Also, i've finished procuring the long list of fucking demands for that asshole noble dungeon master, all i need done now is get his office up-to-snuff and he'll be happy.

I'm preparing something GOOD for this winter, and I won't let you know what it is! well, i'll give you a hint, it involves wolves!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 09:57:13 am by chaoticjosh »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2008, 05:05:22 pm »

I can't believe the dwarven caravan sent so many wagons, looking at, err, previous turns  :-[
Just so I remember

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2008, 04:08:28 am »

I can't remember what day i started, so i'm sorry if my procrastination puts me a RL day over the time limit. I'm definitely finishing though.

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2008, 07:25:09 pm »

I set up the cage traps in wilds.... was planning on capturing jaguards, modding them trainable and have a beast army.... but I ran out of time ,)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2008, 09:08:31 am »

ChaoticJosh the 2nd's journal entries: all of winter

This is the start of winter Journal, and the games are just beginning.

Here is my newest entertainment, our last two captured greenskins VS four wolves that our traps captured.

Lets see who'll come out on top!

Pull the switch guys!

YES! CARNAGE! WOLVES! DESCEND AND RIP THOSE GREENIES APART!

YEAAAAH! THOSE GREENIES GOT RIPPED TEN NEW ASSHOLES! HAHAHAHA!

on a serious note, we were picking up the pieces of those goblins for days.

Lokum, the resident Legendary engraver, gets it into his head to hijack an unused craftsdwarfshop. He picks up some things and comes out a couple days later with this... thing.

I'm not sure what to make of it, i'm not sure if i WANT to make something of it.

Alright! the wall is finally done! Marginal safety is ensured!

Not pictured: at the topmost section of the wall, there is a door so that the wood haulers don't have to travel an extra mile just to get some wood. This door should be locked in case of ANY attack.

Jesus Christ, the creator of that artifact Coffin suffered serious injuries somehow.

I'm not sure what happened, but there were blood spatters covering some of the stairways. i can only deduce that he fell down the stairs like a dumbass. He's probably gonna be bedridden for the rest of his life too.

Horrible news, a messenger from the mountainhomes has arrived. I thought this was gonna be great news, but the asshole only came to tell me of the "Postponed acquittal of my egregious sin against his majesty". Yeah, postponed my ass, i've heard that phrase before, it fucking means "Hope you like it here cause your never coming back sucker!". GODDAMN nobility! they can all go to Hell!

I am so depressed now that i've heard that news, looks like that bad omen was right, i am goin to die here. If I'm going to die in this shithole, then i atleast want the best damn tomb this craphouse is worth! This is what i've built for myself.

Its in a near-empty native platinum vein, covered top-to-bottom with Lokum's masterful engravings. I've ordered that my body be placed in the artifact Coffin that was made earlier during my reign. Its pretty, i know, but it still depresses me to look at it.

Ha, i can't take this crap anymore, i don't want to be leader, i just want to work in my smelter and make metal bars. its simple work, i know, but it comforts me to work with Metal, see it melt in the fire and then shape it into bars. its good honest work. I can't just leave this place leaderless though, i pull aside the first dwarf i see and ask his name, "Ratepe" he says. I tell him he's the new leader, and good luck. he'll need it.

Winter's almost over, yep, i look at our records and i know that i've done alot of good.

it certainly is better than when i started when you compare them.

Looks like this is the end for my reign, i hope that Ratepe guy does well.

OOC: Can someone help me? I can't figure out how to upload my save file onto that Dwarf fortress file depot place.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 09:13:59 am by chaoticjosh »

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2008, 06:30:53 pm »

Create an account, zip the region folder and upload.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2008, 07:04:04 pm »

thats the thing, i got the create the account part, but how do i put it in a zip folder? i've never done that before, i've only taken things OUT of zip folders, never in.

Ratepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2008, 07:56:00 pm »

You best hurry little man, Im about to emark on a 13 hour trip to Minnesota, and I need DF to keep me sane.

Select all the files, Right click , and it should say compress or something like that.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:12:28 pm by Ratepe »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13