Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Mean Little Men [Succession]  (Read 14640 times)

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
Re: Mean Little Men [Succession]
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2008, 12:37:06 am »

meh now the whole lot of initial crazies has been purged.  Honestly, after stealing from the elves and the humans, seems appropriate that a liason kills me.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2008, 01:11:16 am »

Outpost liaison says "Screw diplomatic immunity and negotiations, I'll kill you all!"

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2008, 08:44:41 pm »

Could you add my name back to the bottom of the list?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2008, 10:03:23 am »

Goddamn it, not again!

Once again I'm in charge of a Dwarven hell-hole. At least there's no magma, dragons or bronze collosi yet... I can only hope that this position will be survivable.

I KNEW IT! Wrong again.... this place is madness.... Sure, they gave me a nice office to handle affairs from. However, this fort is a horrible horrible mess. No order, no military, no defenses at all. And more coffins than chairs...

This won't do! It just won't... I've seen too much horrible destruction because of horrible management. Now its time to get this place back on its feet!

22nd Granite
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!
I designated a large group of trees close to our perimeter to be cut down so that we could begin arming ourselves. However the greenskins beat us to it. I'll have to assign the masons to make more coffins.....

As we're begin

15th Slate
The Greenskins have been chased off. I told the former leader to send out our military to deal with the greenskins. However the only answer I got was something about a ballista....

I tried asking the masons where our barracks was, and they said they had no clue...

Seems like I've got to do this myself.... As we have tons a bolts and a couple of crossbows. I grabbed a steel crossbow and made pincushions out of three of the six greenies.

Victory is ours!

And my room is coming along just nicely.....

28th Slate

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA They've come... poor bastards... A Mason working on LegoLords odd construction spotted them. Now we can bolster our ranks!

2nd Felsite

Oh the horrors! More greenskins, and they are coming down on our new migrants.. Time to pick up the crossbow...

Victory! Once again we've beaten the greenies! This time we've reduced our casualties by 50%! Brilliant!

And just as we beat the goblins back, the forest is filled with the screams of  monkeys.... they come from the forest to loot us.... That won't happen on my watch.... time to bring out the crossbow again....

14th Of Hematite

Continuing the project of damming the river. However it appears as if the greenskins do not approve of our project... perhaps they live downstream... time to bring out the crossbow again....

16th of Hematite

I've give up my position as the hamlet manager to my dear Tirist, she is doing an excellent job counting dead goblins... She's also got the most beautiful be...

“Sir! You must see this!”

“Yes peasant? What is it?”

“The Humans are here!” said the new migrant, in a rather stressed tone. “And? Tell the traders to get ready for them, and bring up whatever we have of crafts...” “But sir, they're not here to trade. They brought whips and brawlers!, They've come to claim the goods of the previous Human caravan that apparently was looted.”

Apparently, I'll have to go get the crossbow again....

(This Siege was actually rather hilarious...  The Humans gathered up on the right side of the map and then they charged us before I could send our only marksdwarf at them. Then they charged over the bridges just as the lever was pulled, leaving them all in our dried out moat... good target practice for our marksdwarf... I've also increased our military to get the marksdwarf count at 20%)

23rd Limestone

Not mutch happening right now. Legolord is out of bed, and is yelling at me since he can't find his axe and chainmail. I told him that since he's the bookkeeper, he should know. Then he went to his room and fired his catapult... what an odd chap...

25th Limestone

It all makes sense now! The goblins and the Humans are in league with each other. They've now started ambushing together!

I'm sleeping with my crossbow now....

7th Sandstone

During summer I set up a trapping earea east of our fortress, we have now successfully captured our first animal! I was hoping for a cougar, however a groundhog will have to do for now....

3rd Timber

More greenskins! This time we've caught another one of sneaky thieves in one of our cage traps... Let us pray that he is alone...

9th of Timber

Ambush! We can see them on the horizon! Time to load up the crossbow again....

My eyes have once again deceived me... They aren't greenskins, they're dwarves... perhaps I should clear my face of all this vomit.. or perhaps not... oh well.. atleast now we have the workforce to create some real shelter!

(We really need walls, and something to actually hide behind... this ditch/moat system is far too crude, and leaves us all open if the goblins bring archers.)

28th Moonstone
This is the final entry of this log. Written by me Tirist Rerrasurvad

War is being waged outside. My lover has fallen to the goblin hordes. Crossbow in hand...
The new military is doing what they can... is it enough? I do not know. Time will show...

If not... I know what lever to pull..... they won't get us alive....
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:49:38 am by IronValley »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2008, 07:24:24 pm »

Dang, this is getting more violent than the liason from the mountainhomes.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2008, 06:18:49 pm »

Posting the last part of the log tomorrow... sorry for taking so long... been swapping between computers a lot this week... caused a lot of breaking up in play time.

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2008, 09:54:58 am »

Now.. I just need somewhere to upload the save...

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2008, 09:58:23 am »

Now.. I just need somewhere to upload the save...
???
Why not the same place you got it from?
Just so I remember

IronValley

• Bay Watcher
  • Purple Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2008, 11:08:42 am »

had issues using that dwarfy place...

http://rapidshare.de/files/40915219/df_28_181_40d2_Succesion_game.rar.html

here... the whole folder.. incase people have problems getting the saves to work...

Linthar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2008, 12:07:06 pm »

I've got the save, and I'm currently trying to make the slightest sense out of this forts design.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2008, 12:39:21 pm »

Nice story so far.  Loving it.

Edit:  Why is there a flooding device rigged to flood the whole fortress?  Also, you might want to take a look at the stranded military dwarfs with broken limb(s) who are stranded from being either in the moat or unable to walk.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 12:56:07 pm by Qloos »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2008, 01:43:32 pm »

Nice story so far.  Loving it.

Edit:  Why is there a flooding device rigged to flood the whole fortress?  Also, you might want to take a look at the stranded military dwarfs with broken limb(s) who are stranded from being either in the moat or unable to walk.
I think those guys are leftover from when I trapped the Dwarven caravan.  I think that the flooding device of which you speak might be dresdor's attempt to dam the brook.  Is it near the edge of the map?
Just so I remember

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2008, 05:23:20 pm »

No, theres a vertical pipe channeled parallel to and leading into the fortress, the bottom blocked off by floodgates.  The water pressure will fill from the bottom with that rig if those floodgates are opened.

Map file: http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-3963-bakedfools

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2008, 10:37:30 pm »

We have a self-destruct switch?  Awesome, just what every evil genius' lair needs.  What is that room with the table and chairs and what looked like a coffin across the hall from the mausoleum?  It seems to be where the suicide water comes from, but other than that, I've got nothing.

Edit:  Whoops, that's a lever in that room, not a table.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 11:57:05 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

rucksackjack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2008, 07:08:55 pm »

Sign me up if it's not too late; nudge me with a PM when my turn comes around.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13