Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Mean Little Men [Succession]  (Read 14625 times)

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vgtheory.blogspot.com
Re: Mean Little Men [Succession]
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 12:23:24 pm »

As to your little problem, just order your dwarves to gather refuse from outside in refuse orders, they'll snatch up the stuff from your butchery super quick.

Working on my turn now.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 12:25:17 pm »

patch up those glaring holes in the defenses while you still can!

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 01:12:07 pm »

Quick question, we cannot make booze at all or we cannot make booze and then cook it?

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 01:20:10 pm »

Cannot make booze and then cook it.  Don't mistake my inability to get the alcohol production off the ground as a rule.

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 05:30:29 pm »

if there is still space can I sign up for this mate. :)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 09:04:09 pm »

Eee gad!  The first turn has already been finished!  If this keeps going the way it is, I think I should be able to make first post within three days of the start of my turn.  Hopefully.

@Dresdor:  If you finish the moat, please don't do anything too complex with the bridge.  I have plans for that.  Plans I always use when I start a fort, but still, good plans.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 09:09:28 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 09:08:19 pm »

Sounds fun to me, sign me up.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 12:19:35 pm »

So we are trapped here.  After trying desperately to free ourselves by murdering that sadist, the rest of us are here to toil in this boiling land forever.  I'm just glad killing the fool wasn't my idea, I have no blood on my hands, and nobody has a right to be mad at me.

We've decided on making some improvements to our moat, as it is barely filling with water before the pools evaporate, and some other minor structural improvements.  Mainly, improvements to our brewing situation as we don't have anything to drink but swamp water.

There is a long space between entries.

Things have been tense lately and there's been a lot of arguing.  Things aren't getting done properly or on time.  We've been without drink for too long.  Instead of trading with the elves, one of the fools simply told them to leave their stuff or our marksdwarves would kill them all.  WE DON"T HAVE ANY MARKSDWARVES!  This place is a mad-house.

Madness turns to murder.  While expanding the moat, Bull seems to have fallen in with one of our two precious picks.  I tried to dig him out but could not find the other pick anywhere.  Surely this is deliberate...There's a murderer around...

Trying to complete the moat project, Chaotic was found, bloated and smelling like rotted flesh, in the brook.  Somewhere at the bottom of the stream is our other pick.  Someone wants us all dead.

I can't take the screaming anymore...they are all looking at me suspiciously and I them.  One of us killed three dwarves now.  Baby had the audacity to threaten a human caravan with full guard compliment with firey death and wrath, which sent the cowardly merchants fleeing.  Their mercenaries just shrugged and followed them, leaving us with all their stuff.  Maybe she killed the others...maybe we should take precautions.

I saw the other three whispering together.  They are plannign something.  Maybe all three are working together to murder the others.  Maybe they plan on telling the next caravan that they foudn and killed the murderer...I need to act.

I am free from them.  I can hear them scratching trying to get out, but they cannot!  I showed them the expanded bedroom I planned on giving them all.  As they looked at it, they did not see me sneak out, nor did they hear me bolt the door and barricade it.  Their screams for help will stop soon.

Now it's just me and my pets.  I even have a couple of those pesky rhesus maques tamed.  They are so tasty.  If only I could open the door before their corpses rotted...dwarf meat is tender...I'd hate for it to go to waste.

The words get sloppier and sloppier until they are illegible.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=646

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 12:28:10 pm »

i'm frickin' dead, great, wow, good job, you should be congratulated.

not.

what a sparse and uneventful year, you could have given us more info. like pictures or something, just a suggestion.

and stop trying to kill everyone, geeze.

Marlowe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2008, 12:43:41 pm »

Everybody's dead? Already?

What a read.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 12:51:25 pm »

I think everyones dead - but him.  So it's all still good in my books.

dresdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 12:55:08 pm »

I followed the rules.  only the last three deaths were intentional, chaotic you died because your dwarf channelled around himself when I wasn't looking, and did a Wile E Coyote into the river.

For some reason the other pick was forbidden and I didn't realize that until well after Bull drowned, and by the time Chaotic did it was just bad luck.

Then I locked the loonies away.  I was going to have them spar with axes and no armor, but they didn't want to spar.

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008, 01:03:51 pm »

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 02:13:09 pm »

Sign me up. There's a narrow chance I won't be able to complete my turn, but I'll know beforehand and let you guys know to skip me if that's the case.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

d3c0y2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2008, 02:38:29 pm »

i have no problem with him killing people, but he could of done it in a cool way. he effectively just locked em in a bedroom, not highly original.

Also Chaotic take a chill pill, he explained you died genuinely.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13