Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Worst week ever...  (Read 8723 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst week ever...
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 01:36:55 pm »

Its not weird that emos and people obsessed with evil and darkness(goths) have crummy lives. If you think of bad things, negative energy gets drawn to you.

It goes the other way too.

Wait, so this is why I have little birds landing on my hands and singing, and why the sun always comes out when I talk? And why flowers bloom when I walk by, and the world seems like a better place to other people when I'm nearby?

It all makes sense now. Being happy and okay with my lack of an immortal soul has made my life better.

No, but really, Fey, if you get upset enough and you think it'll help, feel free to have a conversion experience to some religion. Try and avoid anything Abrahamic, though. Jump in with Hawkfrost's fabricated occultism, or become a Buddhist or something. I'm sure they're both relatively consoling.

Alternately, you could assassinate Sarah Palin and get gunned down by filthy, idiot, brainwashed hicks almost instantly. You'd be a martyr in my book.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 01:41:00 pm »

"Fabricated Occultism??"

There is nothing wrong with being spiritual, just because you don't believe in something, that isn't a reason to make fun of it.
It makes you look very disrespectful.

And Buddhism is a great teaching.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 01:44:25 pm »

Well, I wasn't actually attacking it there. From my point of view, it seems like a belief system recently constructed from features present in older religions. I don't see anything wrong with that in itself.

Basically, what I meant was "Go ahead and believe some religion if it makes you feel better, but don't become a Muslim/Christian/Observant Jew, because those people are batshit insane."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2008, 01:47:59 pm »

Don't be a scientologist either.

Hawkfrost, your beliefs may be religious, superstitious bullshit but at least you're not an ass about them, like believers in other religious, superstitious bullshit may be. I respect that.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2008, 01:51:03 pm »

Well, its an ancient(Pre-egyptian) religion based on respecting life, acceptance, spiritual advancement, and working with the gods for a better world.

Its a very old religion, but it has be supressed by many other(eg. Christianity, Jewism) faiths, and as such is not very publicly known.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2008, 02:19:08 pm »

"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2008, 02:20:51 pm »

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2008, 02:26:49 pm »

No problem.  This probably isn't the best venue for this discussion, though.  Well-wishes are always appropriate, spiritual position less so when not sought for.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2008, 02:33:42 pm »

No problem.  This probably isn't the best venue for this discussion, though.  Well-wishes are always appropriate, spiritual position less so when not sought for.

I agree.
I'm quite tired so I may have taken it too far.
My apologies.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2008, 02:38:03 pm »

Well, I wasn't actually attacking it there. From my point of view, it seems like a belief system recently constructed from features present in older religions. I don't see anything wrong with that in itself.

Basically, what I meant was "Go ahead and believe some religion if it makes you feel better, but don't become a Muslim/Christian/Observant Jew, because those people are batshit insane."

Being part of one of those organized religions really doesn't make you crazy by any useable definition because a) craziness is defined by difference from the norm and b) beliefs serve an adaptive purpose as social bonding tools and there's nothing "off" about religion being one of those
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2008, 02:52:24 pm »

Being part of one of those organized religions really doesn't make you crazy by any useable definition because a) craziness is defined by difference from the norm and b) beliefs serve an adaptive purpose as social bonding tools and there's nothing "off" about religion being one of those
Perhaps this should be continued on another thread.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2008, 02:57:53 pm »

There was one; it died from the flaming.
Maybe a new religion topic should be put up, where each person tells about their faith and why they believe in it.

I am always interested in people's faiths.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2008, 03:55:17 pm »

Good idea, I doubt that my calling Inaluct a flaming idiot would help cheer A Few Dwarf up.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2008, 11:42:17 pm »

A status update for those who care:

My grandfather is a lot better, he still has quite a few other problems (like memory loss) that came about with his sickness. My mother is still in Auckland but at least she is now out of hospital and is staying with my Uncle until she feels strong enough to make the hour long flight back. The only problem with this is that there will be a car left on the other side of the country. Which means my father will have to catch a bus up there and drive back down in our car. It seems that what I told my friend at that party was forgotten or at least not mentioned by him today at school. Lastly my dog is still at the vet and I haven't decided one way or the other yet. I think I will give her a few more days before I make the decision (which is costing my parents a fortune in vet bills). Oh and more good news, I was invited to a job interview for a part time job at a butchery. I won't be chopping up any meat, just selling it which will make a good after school job to save up for a new laptop.

So all is not as bad as it was yesterday. Thanks for the moral support, oh and as for my faith. I am an Atheist, but I always try to make sure that I respect other peoples religions no matter how obscure they may sound to me (unless of coarse their 'religion' involves eating babies or something).

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2008, 12:03:50 am »

Alternately, you could assassinate Sarah Palin and get gunned down by filthy, idiot, brainwashed hicks almost instantly. You'd be a martyr in my book.

My book, too.  :)  ;D  ;)
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4