Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62

Author Topic: Incursion  (Read 125454 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion
« Reply #345 on: May 27, 2009, 06:10:14 pm »

Or acid fog, say?
I never had my weapons melt in acid fog before...

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 27, 2009, 08:20:21 pm »

Okay.

Why is my stuff melting for no friggin reason?

Seriously, it happens to all of my characters. No curse items, no un-ided items wielded, first stuff in my pack starts melting, then my main weapon. 50 turns later I'm dead.

What the hell?
Are you sure you not walking though...

molten lava or something?
Or acid fog, say?
No and No.

And the deaths come from that fact that I'm running around without a decent weapon, and all the other "well, I might use this later" stuff I had in my pack dissolved too.

Just... weird. It's not like the stuff is deteriorating from use, it's just turning to pebbles.
 ???
It is a mystery...

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 27, 2009, 08:34:18 pm »

No and No.

And the deaths come from that fact that I'm running around without a decent weapon, and all the other "well, I might use this later" stuff I had in my pack dissolved too.

Just... weird. It's not like the stuff is deteriorating from use, it's just turning to pebbles.
 ???
It is a mystery...

It's either from a god or something else. I can remember something about melting items from before but I just can't remember exactly what it was that caused it. It's on the top of my head though...
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 27, 2009, 08:36:40 pm »

Okay.

Why is my stuff melting for no friggin reason?

Seriously, it happens to all of my characters. No curse items, no un-ided items wielded, first stuff in my pack starts melting, then my main weapon. 50 turns later I'm dead.

What the hell?
Are you sure you not walking though...

molten lava or something?
Or acid fog, say?
No and No.

???
It is a mystery...

Oh, you pissed off a god.

Are you worshiping Ekliazeh and killing dwarves, committing unlawful acts or hurting neutral creatures?

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 27, 2009, 08:45:00 pm »

<_<

>_>

No...

In an entirely unrelated note, I'm never worshiping that asshole again.

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 27, 2009, 08:51:18 pm »

I'm gonna worship the stairway god. Hopefully he'll hear me and make me go up/downstairs. :D

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 27, 2009, 08:57:25 pm »

Try pissing off the orc god then...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 27, 2009, 09:21:40 pm »

Heh, this reminds me of a funny glitch I once encountered involving blue goblins. This one character I made was a warrior, and not any warrior but a warrior who knew ANIMATE OBJECTS I(or something like that).

Anyway one day when traveling around in level 2, he encountered a blue goblin and quickly took care of him. Once that was done he animated all the goblins equipment.

ALL OF A SUDDEN BILLIONS OF BLUE GOBLINS MATERIALISED! Thats right, almost for no reason at all, piles upon piles of blue goblins appeared, and kept appearing. And kept appearing. And kept appearing. And kept appearing. I had an unstopable blue goblin army. They were endless in number, honestly there were more then covered the screen. And the best part? They were mine, my endless blue goblin army...

Eventualy the game froze for unrelated reasons, but still. It was epic...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 27, 2009, 09:35:25 pm »

I had an encounter where I managed to impress a gremlin enough that he decided to join me in my adventures.

Not long after, I found out that gremlins can clone themselves.  And that the clones can also clone themselves.  And that gremlins seem to really, really, really like cloning themselves.

There were tons of the little yellow bastards.  And if they happened to be near a strong source of light, some would inevitably wander into it and turn into gremlin statues. 

..Which some other gremlin would then rush to pick up. 

It was xCave spider silk Sockx all over again.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 27, 2009, 09:49:14 pm »

Hmm, is stone to flesh implemented yet, because that you make an awsome trap...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 19, 2009, 03:57:33 am »

I've taken up a new hobby in Incursion...

... naming the bodies of things I've killed...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 19, 2009, 04:42:26 am »

This game is difficult if your silly with character creation (Swimming is strangely useful more than you think.)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 20, 2009, 10:38:36 am »

how do other ppl deal with earth elements and pretty much most of the enemies down past level 5. Im finding that most beasts down there regenerate or cant be harmed by my weapons.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #358 on: July 20, 2009, 12:41:59 pm »

7zip.
WinRAR. (Which despite what it says, is actually free.)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 20, 2009, 04:06:55 pm »

Technically speaking, WinRAR isn't free.  It's nagware, not freeware.  You can *use* it for as long as you like without paying anything, but the program is technically not free.

7zip, to my knowledge, is freeware.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 62