Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 62

Author Topic: Incursion  (Read 125560 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion
« Reply #495 on: September 06, 2011, 07:19:25 pm »

Wait, you can die from having 0 Charisma? How does that possibly work?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 06, 2011, 08:07:12 pm »

Self-hating suicide, probably. Charisma's not just a measure of physical beauty, but also things like force of personality, leadership skills, etc. Zero cha would mean basically no way to motivate anything... even yourself, to do stuff like breath :P

Bit of testing showed that curse itself won't kill, though, so I guess I was a little confused. Actual stat damage definitely will, though, and as said, there's things that damage cha. Being one missed save roll from death isn't a healthy place to be, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 06, 2011, 08:36:58 pm »

I wish you could auto-offer terms to fleeing enemies.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 06, 2011, 09:56:09 pm »

Wait, you can die from having 0 Charisma? How does that possibly work?

D&D rules means you fall unconscious, by having no force of personality.  Unconsciousness is pretty much a death sentence in Incursion.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 07, 2011, 11:21:07 am »

So I played my first Ranger character. Although it is against my ethics to play a hippie-class, I just pretended the name to be Hunter or something similar. There is still no way I'm ever going to play as a Bard/Halfling/Gnome though..

Everything went well until I saw some fish in the water. I decided to kill it and because it was sleeping (do fish actually sleep?) it was easily killed. I than proceeded to swim a bit. I had 1 point in swimming so I assumed I wasn't going to drown.
I didn't drown, I swum/swam around a bit and even got out of the water without killing myself. I Went in the water again to get to the other side of a 1-tile wide pool.
Obviously my character failed to swim and died. In one turn.

FFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 07, 2011, 02:54:12 pm »

Yeah, you can 'l'ook at an empty tile (hit lowercase L twice to get freelook), then hit 'x' to examine the floor features. Water will explicitly tell you what DC swim checks you have to pass to avoid getting screwed. (Tip: It's 5 for deep, 15 for turbulent.). You can check all the dungeon terrain like this.

Anyway. If ranger, you take animal bond and max your ride skill. Hit the 'u'se menu, then animal companions. Choose nighthunter. Open the 'y'use menu, choose mount, mount nighthunter. Congratulations! You're flying now and have 18 square infravision. Water and traps mean nothing to you.
Ask not!
Ask!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 07, 2011, 02:58:23 pm »

Yeah, someone already said you should take a night hunter to make the game easier. Which is the exact reason for me to not take the night hunter :)

I started again as a Drow Ranger again (evil, obviously) . I just converted to some god of war (the first god I saw without stupid laws) and I was doing ok. I was lvl 3 (the highest so far for me). But I got killed by some tentacle guy ambushing me. He did more damage than my potions could heal :(

I would have still lived if i didn't keep forgetting to summon an animal companion.

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 07, 2011, 04:01:22 pm »

Hmm, I have a Libram of Hidden secrets, but it's not giving me the option to read it.

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 07, 2011, 07:36:31 pm »

The whole thing with lower levels being really crowded is getting annoying. I hope when there's an overworld, it has lots of smaller dungeons.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 07, 2011, 07:44:20 pm »

That's the general intent, yes, to have numerous, more themed, dungeons and dungeon-like areas.

That said, I really like the crowded lower levels :P Actually enjoyed them in the earlier version, where there were even more. The carnage and chaos is simply delicious!

It can be a little overwhelming the first go or two at it, though.
Ask not!
Ask!

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 07, 2011, 09:56:32 pm »

Eh, everything just seems like a huge mess of hundreds of junk items. In other news, just found 49 +5 ghost touch arrows of balance and accuracy. Also, I can't figure out why lava doesn't hurt my Kobold ranger when I translocate onto it.

And now for some reason it keeps saying I'm committing chivalrous attacks over and over even though I'm not doing anything. I think it be my mount being damaged by an insect swarm or something.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 10:16:17 pm by Lmaoboat »

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 09, 2011, 07:52:36 pm »

I might have rerolled like a nub, but rolled a mounted warrior with 16 base STR, DEX, CON, and INT, a +2 Helm of Orcsblood, and Bonus Ability: Animal Companion

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 09, 2011, 07:58:36 pm »

Not bad at all. Just remember ride takes the lower of dex and wis as its stat dependency :P

I forget how (if) bonus feat granted animal companion interacts with class granted animal companion, though. If it gave some extra CR, that would be flipping awesome. With full ranger/druid levels and animal bond, even base CR <1 companions can wreck stuff like young adult dragons. They get nasty, heh.
Ask not!
Ask!

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 09, 2011, 08:03:24 pm »

Well I know bonus sneak attacks stack, but I don't know about animal companion. Is charging supposed to damage weapons much faster?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:09:52 pm by Lmaoboat »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 09, 2011, 08:26:49 pm »

Damage to a weapon is based on how much damage you do with the weapon -- since charging increases this, it naturally causes the weapon to break sooner. If you're having trouble with it, pick up an orcish weapon. They're much more resistant to breaking from physical damage. Iirc, they're actually immune, but it's been a while since I used charging for much.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 62