Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62

Author Topic: Incursion  (Read 125527 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion
« Reply #435 on: September 01, 2011, 03:33:07 am »

Heh. Well, it'll likely be anywhere from one to three or thirteen to fifteen more months (possibly longer, depending), before we see any more public action from Inc, if nothing happens to boss M. So spawn adjustments might be a bit in the future :P

Could comfort yourself with the knowledge that spawn rate in general has been toned down a couple times over Inc's dev periods, I guess. Is cold comfort when there's five dragons brawling with twenty-something classed wozznames and a few greater demons.

That said, there's a lot of generic loot, period. This is mostly because the enemies are using the exact same inventory system you are, and must be equipped accordingly... so they, yanno', carry their junk around. It doesn't take long to figure out how to sift through the chaff, though -- especially if you change the 'sort pile cotents' to 'quality'. That'll put the highest enchantment items at the top of the pile, usually. The junk loot you just ignore.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 01, 2011, 03:38:34 am »

Hmm, the game doesn't seem to like it when I split stacks. My Dwarven Warrior is doing really well, that +2 Belt of the Lizardfolk comes in handy.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:40:53 am by Lmaoboat »

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 01, 2011, 07:42:47 am »

Speaking of which... That character ended up winning, by th'by ;D

He's right over there.
(I can't see the image)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 01, 2011, 08:11:35 am »

S'workin' for me, but added a link to a different image host, just to be sure :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 01, 2011, 09:47:00 pm »

Hmm, some Air Mephit breath attack seems to crash my game. And I nearly got killed by Lovecraftian Giant Badger
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:18:23 pm by Lmaoboat »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 02, 2011, 06:52:33 am »

So I decided to give this game a try.
My Lizardman Druid quickly found his first enemy: a kobold mage.
The battle was pretty much this:

You summon a Dust Devil.
The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates.

Than the kobold decided to rape me with magic arrows.

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 02, 2011, 07:38:00 am »

So I decided to give this game a try.
My Lizardman Druid quickly found his first enemy: a kobold mage.
The battle was pretty much this:

You summon a Dust Devil.
The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates. The Dust Devil hesitates.

Than the kobold decided to rape me with magic arrows.
Dunno what that's about, but I never play any summon sorts of characters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 02, 2011, 07:56:59 am »

I think I'll try again and see what happens now.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 02, 2011, 09:49:02 am »

Protection from <alignment> (usually evil, but it comes in chaos/law/good variants, too) spells prevent summons from meleeing whatever's under the effect of it. They also can't directly target the buff'd critter with ranged attacks, iirc, but certain innate abilities/spells will go through alright. It's a serious issue for heavy summoning characters, and why they almost always want to have some dakka to go with the critterspam... or at least be toting a dispel wand around. That behavior is also why it's one of the most useful buff spells in the entire game, for all that it costs base 5 mana and is a first level spell.

The foo hesitates is your dead giveaway that your minion's trying to attack something under protection. Any of the protect alignment spells block all summoned creatures.
Ask not!
Ask!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 02, 2011, 11:20:18 am »

Ok.
I'm a dwarven warrior now and I spotted some gold ore.
I have a pickaxe in my hands (don't ask me how, it was an accident...) but how do I mine it?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 02, 2011, 11:32:55 am »

Hit u, then activate... mining, I think. Something along those lines. Then just start walking into the wall, iirc. It'll give you 'lil info updates as the level becomes more unstable.

Haven't used mining much, outside of occasional strength training (for which it is very good). Gold is pretty prolific once you're inside the dungeon a bit... though even large amounts won't let you buy much if you don't have decent charisma and/or diplomacy. The shopkeeper gives a discount to dwarves, though, iirc. He's got some racial biases :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 03, 2011, 02:12:01 pm »

ogod. I just encountered a zombie badger  :o
Also: I have a blessed holy dwarven warhammer
That is like, awesome^awesome (at least, it is for me lol)

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 03, 2011, 08:47:29 pm »

Got some annoying bug where my sight is based on what my animal companions can see.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 03, 2011, 09:16:18 pm »

Make sure you're wearing a light source, if you're not infravision capable. Also, check for blindness and see if you closed your eyes at some point. Hit x, then check for 'open your eyes'.

The light source is particularly likely, though. It's fairly possible for something to happen to a torch or lantern, especially if you're mucking about with water. Soaking can douse them.

Belated edit: If you're seeing normally and seeing what your companion can see, that's normal. You get your companion's LoS as a bonus. Terribly useful for nighthunter riding rangers :P P.S. If you're a ranger and not riding a nighthunter, you're doing it wrong.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:00:51 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 03, 2011, 10:13:57 pm »

That's probably it, not used to playing humans.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 62