Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62

Author Topic: Incursion  (Read 125640 times)

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion
« Reply #780 on: April 29, 2014, 06:11:47 pm »

Is there a better command than the 'run' one for navigating long corridors? I wish it stopped as soon as a new room is reached, or a door is near. At the moment i never know where i'l end up when I start running. Especially hilarious when you get in an infinite loop and need to cancel out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 29, 2014, 06:24:57 pm »

Not really. You can change up some options to tweak where it stops, though. S'in the limits and warnings stuff, at the bottom. I'd recommend at least stopping at region barriers and intersections. Could turn on stopping at corners to prevent the loops, if you wanted to.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 30, 2014, 03:21:43 pm »

After playing a monk with the exploding wild talent, I want a Fist of The North Star prestige class. If only exploding worked on stuff other than constructs/undeads :D

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 30, 2014, 04:23:52 pm »

It works on anything non-living. Including items.

Including items that you throw at things*. And stuff other people are wearing. The damage is kinda' pitiful, but detonate is quite possibly the most annoying thing for the player character to run into. Also a good way to cripple equipment-reliant humanoids.

*A use for all those copper (/(not!gold/platinum)) coins? Oh yes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 30, 2014, 05:20:04 pm »

Didn't live long enough to try it out on objects unfortunately. I keep thinking zombies are easy, but some variants are really nasty.

Gonna try a maxed bluff rogue, see if that distract command works as I expect it to.

Carrion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 30, 2014, 05:54:37 pm »

Looks promising; checking it out now.

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Incursion (open source) 0.6.9Y8
« Reply #786 on: May 06, 2014, 02:38:06 am »

An updated download is available on bitbucket: 0.6.9Y8.

Changes:
  • Issue 91: When an object was removed (and deleted), it would remove all fields (e.g. modify objects within range) it had created which moved with it.  This would leak the non-moving fields, which would get removed later with a hack, but because the creating object no longer existed the effects of the field could not be unapplied so it didn't bother.  Reported by Frumple.
  • Issue 94: Creatures who see their friends get killed could have gotten afraid.  Now mindless creatures in general are excluded from this.  Reported by Joseph Kerr.
  • Issue 96: Made 'Augment Summoning' an official metamagic feat. Note that if the only metamagic you have is this one, the spell manager will simply say 'Au[g]ment Spell' in the metamagic listing; this is not a compound noun, but a verb phrase.  Players are expected to be able to reconcile this to their 'Augment Summoning' feat.  View the line with multiple metamagic feats, to see the pattern.  Reported by Karagy.
  • Issue 97: Refreshing the spell manager rebuilt the feat list, which added onto the last time it was rebuilt, showing a more extended mangled doubled list each refresh.  Reported by Karagy.
  • Issue 104: It is no longer possible to mount something which is asleep.  Reported by Frumple.
  • Issue 109: Prevent mounting on a tile where it would not be possible to move to when mounted anyway.  Reported by Frumple.
  • Issue 110: Logic in the encounter generation badly checked if there was an actor involved.  I do not understand this game system, but this code is obviously bad.  Reported by Frumple.
  • Issue 116: Using static variables for inventory enumeration state means that if the logic in the loop which is enumerating the inventory calls something which in turn reenumerates the inventory before returning, then the inventory enumeration state will be at it's end and the loop will prematurely exit.
  • Issue 117: Could not use the escape key to exit the y key use menu.  The code supported handling an escape press already, but the flag to pay attention to escape at a lower level was not passed.
  • Issue 119: Trying to talk to something that was not a creature, or could not talk, would tell you they couldn't talk.  Unless they were a creature who could not talk, where you could order them if they were friendly to you.  Or if they were not a creature, when it went to see if they were friendly, it would just crash.
  • Issue 123: Bad code prevented the faster than the eye feat from allowing a player to put an item in a container and have it take no time.
  • Turned on compilation warnings and found truncated values which would affect things like alignment changing when eating appropriate food, greeting people and encounter generation in unknown ways I have not bothered to identify.
  • Fixed a crash where writing text left the cursor off the side of the screen, and the next time it blinked libtcod moaned about things being out of bounds.
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 06, 2014, 03:55:52 am »

Hrm. You should have notably more than 52 slots per bag. Well, for half the bags, anyway. Gnomish and force backpacks have a 75 and 100 unique item limit, respectively. Small and mediums have 50 (technically 51, but whatev) limits, but yeah.

Good to know - and obviously, grabbed the new version!

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 07, 2014, 02:11:58 am »

Note that there are a lot of bugs in Incursion.  At the moment, I look at the bugs list, pick one that piques my interest, and if it makes sense I fix it.  If users have a set of bugs that should be fixed sooner, because they often get in the way of gameplay, then please speak out and if there is consensus I will prioritise those.
If you are providing a save file to reproduce an Incursion bug, please compress it and attach it to an issue on the bitbucket site.  I recommend 7zip for compression.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 07, 2014, 11:32:11 am »

I really, really need to get around to helping you with this. I've got today off so I might spend a few hours toying around with the new version trying to break stuff.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Incursion (open source) 0.6.9Y9
« Reply #790 on: May 07, 2014, 10:46:48 pm »

An updated download is available on bitbucket: 0.6.9Y9.

Changes:

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 08, 2014, 01:21:12 am »

Thank you for your continued bug fixing and making the game more stable.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 08, 2014, 01:34:46 am »

You're churning out new versions too fast for me to be able to focus on playtesting anything.

Choose, about the bugs: you've already fixed the most annoying crash ones, so I've nothing to add :)

chooseusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 08, 2014, 02:42:22 am »

You're churning out new versions too fast for me to be able to focus on playtesting anything.

Choose, about the bugs: you've already fixed the most annoying crash ones, so I've nothing to add :)
There's no real need to play test.  There's enough bugs to fix already to last a year.. :-)

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 10, 2014, 06:16:16 am »

i have big problem with the key:

the game don't recognize the Shift,  i don't find the "?", and more.....

sorry, download now the last version and work    :O)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:20:26 am by teoleo »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 62