Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 62

Author Topic: Incursion  (Read 125556 times)

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion
« Reply #525 on: September 11, 2011, 03:30:31 pm »

Any suggestions on the best way to play a paladin?

I dunno, but whenever I play a necromancer, I get pwnd by the undead I raise :x

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 11, 2011, 03:39:41 pm »

Worship Mara, max diplomacy/ride, barrel around on your mount talking your way out of everything. Kill what you can't quell. Paladins aren't terribly complicated, really, just make sure you turn off complicity. Kobolds (giant dragonfly, no joke.) and halflings (hippogriff, selection of dragons, excellent stats for a paladin) make excellent paladins, because they get some killer sacred mounts.

Here's the spoiler info on sacred mounts and animal companions:

A lot of the unridable stuff was fixed in between making this list and the current version, so most of those can probably be rode now. The lists themselves are still accurate, to the best of my knowledge.

Spoiler: Progression (click to show/hide)

Doublepost prevention edit: I just confirmed that perked animal companion stacks with class granted animal companion. This is going to be an interesting run, huhuhuhu...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:05:27 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 18, 2012, 05:17:43 pm »

Well, I just found out thanks to a fellow Incursion enthusiast that the main site's download link for the Windows version is down. So here's a new mirror for anyone who needs it. Sorry for the bump just figured if people were looking to play this that they'd get a working download.

Also, Tee-minus about a year until Incursion V2 is out, or so says the dev. I still can't wait.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 18, 2012, 06:01:07 pm »

Cheers Mict, was hoping someone would do that!  :D

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #529 on: May 18, 2012, 07:18:11 pm »

Is there any guide for dealing with the inventory screen? I liked the game but the inventory screen was a huge blockade I always had trouble with.  :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 18, 2012, 07:34:12 pm »

Go into options and activate... inventory cursor, or something like that. Don't have a computer that can run Incursion at the mo', so I can't check the exact words. It'll make it so you don't have to type in numbers to get stuff out of containers.

I'd also suggest that you set to the auto pickup to "inventory" and the sort filter wuzzit to quality; the first makes item pickup a lot safer (just put healing/dim door/possibly mana potions in your belt), the second makes seeing what's good to pickup a lot easier, though shields will consistently be misplaced (there's some wonkiness with their enchantment levels and pseudo-ID).

Otherwise, it's mostly just a matter of juggling :P It's actually fairly intuitive once you get accustomed to it, if not a little inefficient.

Anything specific that was giving you trouble?
Ask not!
Ask!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #531 on: May 18, 2012, 08:12:50 pm »

It's been a while since I played it last so really all I recall is being very confused. I'll download it here in a bit and take a look, presuming it doesn't throw too big a fit about being run on windows 7. Which if I recall correctly may be a long shot.

EDIT: YEAHHH, it was that dang off hand slot. Those option settings seem to have mostly removed it from the picture, so thanks!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:17:46 am by Seriyu »

Urist McDonalds

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 20, 2012, 08:23:47 am »

None of the links that were posted works.
Whatever.
what kind of site posts a broken link for god sake?

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 20, 2012, 08:31:52 am »

None of the links that were posted works.
Whatever.
what kind of site posts a broken link for god sake?

It's not that they posted a broken link, but rather the link they HAD posted broke! Your telling me you would take the time to check the links on your site every 5 minutes just so people wouldn't complain about how awful they are for having a broken url?
Also I got the urls in this thread to work perfectly.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 20, 2012, 12:25:32 pm »

Could try playing lizardfolk. They pretty much ignore water. Also, remember as you invest you only need DC-5 to prevent drowning -- iirc, the break off points are at five and fifteen (for normal and turbulent, respectively.). Might be five and twenty. Anyway, at that point you don't have to worry about damage. Lastly, remember that armor penalties count double for the purpose of swimming -- sometimes just removing your shield or armor can let you swim without risking damage (from drowning, anyway).

Protection from water also makes non-turbulent water a nonissue.
Ask not!
Ask!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 21, 2012, 06:35:54 pm »

I started playing this game, and have a very noobish question to ask:

How the hell do I equip a Torch from my inventory? Or anything for the matter. It may seem like a fairly noobish question, but seriously, nothing in the game tells me how to do it!
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 21, 2012, 06:47:09 pm »

See what I mentioned a post or two back, then scroll down the cursor until you hit a torch, hit space to move it to your "in the air" slot, move the cursor back to your light source slot, hit space again.

Without the item cursor, replace "scroll down" with "type in whatever number is besides your torch."

You can replace torch with whatever to equip or move around other junk.

There should be something in the manual about general inventory manipulation, but I forget exactly where and don't have access to an incursion capable computer at th'mo'. E: I think you can hit either ? or F1 while you're in your inventory to pull up a command list, too. But that's a major "I think," heh.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:49:51 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 21, 2012, 06:54:43 pm »

Can you explain it a bit more clearly? I don't completely understand what you are trying to tell me.

I put my Torch back inside my backpack, and I want to retrive my Torch from it. How do I do this?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 21, 2012, 07:08:02 pm »

Scroll down your backpack list and search for your torch (PageDown/PageUp). While you have an empty "In the air" slot, type in the 2 digit number in front of your torch(01, 14, 33, etc); It should be placed into your floating slot. Then highlight an appropriate slot with the arrow keys and press spacebar to place it there.

Torches can be placed in any "on belt", hand, or shoulder slots, but will only give light if placed in the light slot.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:11:34 pm by Blaze »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 23, 2012, 04:08:15 am »

Alternatively you can turn on the cursor-mode inventory in the options menu and just use the arrow keys the whole way along.  Scroll down past your equipped items into the inventory, find the torch, press space, scroll back up until the cursor is over the slot you want, and press space again.

But yeah, Incursion isn't exactly renowned for its user-friendliness, heh...

Speaking of, I just recently got into mucking around with Incursion again.  Not a whole lot of gaming, mostly just coming up with character ideas and spending hours creating them, as is my way.  I did find some rather interesting combinations though, like for instance just how powerful orcish druids can be thanks to some peculiarities that that particular combo can exploit.

Also did some wizard-modeing and found out that most of the paladins have rather wonked race-specific sacred mount lists.  Most of them can't be ridden, either generally or by that paladin specifically.  And I forget exactly which race it was but one of them actually bugged out and crashed the game if you got to too high a level.

Interestingly, the kobold has one of the best sacred mount selections.  Guess that's just a little extra reward for attempting to play a kobold paladin.

And I'm *still* trying to find an elegant way of making a "use item" character...  Which is to say a character that specializes in using external power sources such as wands, alchemical items, potions etc. in order to adventure around.  Basically just writing a scroll of fireball for yourself and then reading it at someone instead of learning to cast the damn spell as-is.

Needless to say...  A wee bit tricky.  But it opens up some interesting possibilities.  And some new challenges.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 62