Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 62

Author Topic: Incursion  (Read 125483 times)

Tepes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion
« Reply #360 on: July 20, 2009, 04:28:40 pm »

Stupid question, since I can't figure it out.. How the heck do you take items OUT of containers?

Rawl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 01, 2009, 01:09:45 am »

Tepes:

First you get the item you want, put it "in the air" press Tab to switch it to you bag, then stow it. It snaps back to the chest afterwards.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 01, 2009, 01:27:18 pm »

Heh, yeah.  Incursion is one of those *brutal* roguelikes.  If you just go barreling around, you'll die within moments.  There are certain survival skills that you'll develop naturally after dying quite a few times, just little tips on how to move, when to search, what to look out for, so on.  Once you've got those down, it's not too difficult to make your way around.

Resting is one of the biggest early-game dangers you'll encounter.  Since you haven't had much time to really buff yourself up (that first levelup is a doozy, but once you've earned at least one level things should get much easier), you might end up needing to rest more often, and you probably won't have a safe way of doing so.

Securing a safe means of rest is very important.  That alarm spell may mean the difference between a bright-eyed, bushy-tailed adventurer and a dead one.

I think I posted a partial survival guide a few pages back...  Not sure if it's still valid.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 01, 2009, 01:32:12 pm »

shift + h = hide. A very useful skill.
Character creation is extremely important. I could keep trying to play a crappy char via recarn and keep dying, or make and roll a WAAAAY better same race, same class, different skills character and survive.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 04, 2009, 01:43:50 am »

I have made an Icon for those of you who use a shortcut for Incursion. Its...'okay'. I like it.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 04, 2009, 02:42:46 am »

Quite confused to be honest, how do i access the skill menu? if i cant what button do i press to mine, and what button do i press to attack?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 04, 2009, 04:41:21 pm »

Very good game, most intuitive and smart AI i've ever soon and the random room generator is good, i just navigated with my warrior dorf through a kobold warren to a office with some stairs to the next level, shitload of gobbo's, orcs, sprites and such. Skeletal variations as well. I take one step and they all wake up and start killing eachother, i snuck to the corner and waited it out. In the end a sprite, orc chief and an orc remained, guess the sprite fled and i pushed the orc back to the door and shut it, went round to the pillar.. they busted it open and soon found me an killed me ^^, i suppose the creator is planning for a whole plot line in the world once he gets through developing it, so this is a teaser till then i suppose. I looked at the skills and was like wtf theres no buildings in the dungeon ^^

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #367 on: August 04, 2009, 06:27:25 pm »

There's an edit button x2yzh9, use it.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 17, 2009, 06:23:08 am »

anyone interested in an incursion bloodline game? If five or more are ill start another thread for it.

Im thinking pass on each time a new depth is reached.

we will have to have a debate about character creation.

its worth noting at this point that ive never beaten the game (got down to level 6 before). So i wont be supprised if i or some one else kills the character
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 17, 2009, 08:01:13 am »

I'm in. I beat the game once several versions for ago (vampiric crossbows of speed FTW!). I vote we go for a chaotic evil character, just because it's easier on everyone.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2009, 08:22:20 am »

I would be in, but I swore to myself not to start playing again until after the big update that's in progress right now.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 17, 2009, 06:14:13 pm »

I would be in, but I swore to myself not to start playing again until after the big update that's in progress right now.

Rough yearish to go then, but I'm under the same self imposed rule to START playing outright.  Been salivating at viewing the various tales and discussions from the SomethingAwful topic for awhile now.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 18, 2009, 01:19:31 pm »

next version (according to the blog http://www.incursion-roguelike.net/) wont be out until some time after october. I supposes its only a few months. Given there havnt been many reponses to this request it may be worth waiting until then.

p.s. which will come out first DF or incursion?
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 18, 2009, 02:36:50 pm »

next version (according to the blog http://www.incursion-roguelike.net/) wont be out until some time after october. I supposes its only a few months. Given there havnt been many reponses to this request it may be worth waiting until then.

p.s. which will come out first DF or incursion?
DF most likely, Toady One said he wanted to get the game out before the end of the year. The Incursion developer said hes eyeing October 31,2010 as a release date.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 18, 2009, 03:05:36 pm »

DF. Incursion is only halfway to completion and the dev is saying that he has been taking 4-6 times as long as he had anticipated.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 62