Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 62

Author Topic: Incursion  (Read 125489 times)

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion
« Reply #300 on: May 16, 2009, 07:28:39 am »

Wow good news, i thought this was a dead project.

Yeah I thought so as well...thankfully I was wrong. I am very happy, because this is my favourite roguelike.  8)

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 16, 2009, 08:43:14 am »

Incursion is NOT DEAD?!

Oh my god I think I've died and gone to heaven.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 16, 2009, 12:37:47 pm »

Hell, I could've told you it wasn't dead. He's been posting in the thread for Incursion over on SA regularly for months.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 16, 2009, 02:27:59 pm »

Not to mention on the Incursion site he mentioned ages ago that he was going on a hiaitus from developing incursion for a few months :P We knew it wasn't dead, for that is not dead which cannot die.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 16, 2009, 03:19:31 pm »

He's apparently done this before.  Put it on a long hiatus and come back.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 16, 2009, 06:19:27 pm »

We knew it wasn't dead, for that is not dead which cannot die.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death can die.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 16, 2009, 06:38:30 pm »

Excellent news. Sort of. Can't say I want to wait that long, but just as well.

Didn't think it was dead either.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 17, 2009, 01:25:51 pm »

Not to mention on the Incursion site he mentioned ages ago that he was going on a hiaitus from developing incursion for a few months :P We knew it wasn't dead, for that is not dead which cannot die.

Well yeah...but lot of games have been abandoned in the past...so I wasn't sure that what's up with Incursion to be honest. Either way, I am just wondering...the developer accepts donations?

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 17, 2009, 03:58:08 pm »

I was hoping he'd come back. Anybody got a link to the forum where he does most of his project discussion? If any?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 17, 2009, 04:30:38 pm »

Yeah I love incursion, very good roguelike.

Glad to see its not dead(even though I never thought it was...)

Cant wait till they get a overwrold in.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 18, 2009, 04:46:51 pm »

I think the overworld is the feature I'm most looking forward too, followed by more classes (the references in-game to the Greater Soul-Blade feat are taunting me!), and the sub-races. Blood-Orc Mages FTW!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 18, 2009, 05:44:17 pm »

I think the overworld is the feature I'm most looking forward too, followed by more classes (the references in-game to the Greater Soul-Blade feat are taunting me!), and the sub-races. Blood-Orc Mages FTW!
Yes personaly Im looking most forward to sub-races, overwrold, and calling shots.
Anything else is just sorta "meh" to me in ways of development.

Also I never understood this, shouldent the sub-races be the races and the races(IE: orc, kobold, dwarf) be the species? This always bugs the hell out of me for some reason.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 18, 2009, 08:13:21 pm »

Yes personaly Im looking most forward to sub-races, overwrold, and calling shots.

Also I never understood this, shouldent the sub-races be the races and the races(IE: orc, kobold, dwarf) be the species? This always bugs the hell out of me for some reason.
You are correct, but most game designers a loath to admit they used the wrong word, and thus devise a new incorrct one to use in it's place.

I direct your attention to the word "level".

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 18, 2009, 09:27:02 pm »

It'll be grand the day one game, maybe even this one down the line, takes it all way too far and implements fractional geneaology so as to completely bloody the waters.  Imagine the debates...

Morlark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Morlark's Blog
« Reply #314 on: May 18, 2009, 09:51:13 pm »

Well, many fantasy settings have halfbreed races and whatnot, which would indicate that race is in fact the correct term, and not species. I guess this usage was just carried over into other settings where species would be more appropriate. Not really a mistake on the part of game designers.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 62