Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62

Author Topic: Incursion  (Read 125549 times)

Tommy2U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2008, 07:40:00 pm »

Hmmm, my guess that BAB is calculated by multiplying character level by +toHit for a given class (displayed near the top of class description). I'm not sure which +toHit is taken into account (melee? the highest?).
That's Install Planetary Overlord, not Initial Public Offering.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2008, 12:16:00 pm »

It changes based on what weapon you're using.

Tommy2U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2008, 12:24:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by BishopX:
<STRONG>It changes based on what weapon you're using.</STRONG>

It sure does, but the question is, which value is used as a prerequisite for certain feats.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2008, 01:28:00 pm »

I can't find anything that counts as an actual good-aligned action.  And the crashes are terrible.  It keeps making me feel like I'm savescumming.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 22, 2008, 01:41:00 pm »

Good actions:

1) "Resolve a conflict peaceably".  If you encounter a hostile creature, talk it into not being hostile anymore.  This includes surrendering, or giving up your best stuff if the diplomacy check doesn't quite make it high enough and the critter wants tribute.

2) Be a pansy.

That's about it.

Tommy2U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 22, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »

1) In order to resolve a conflict peacefully, use the Quell command from the talk menu. You'll need Diplomacy skill.

3) Healing other creatures (through spells)

4) Presumably, kiling inherently evil creatures (devils and the like)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 22, 2008, 03:20:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Devastator:
<STRONG>I can't find anything that counts as an actual good-aligned action.</STRONG>

One thing I've noticed, is that even starting with a Good alignment (and leaving that as your desired alignment), it's nearly impossible not to become Evil over time.  You pretty much have to run from everything you can't Quell.  It sucks horribly.

Also, pickpockets are invariably Chaotic Evil.  Most useless skill ever for anyone not following The Multitude...

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 22, 2008, 04:15:00 pm »

That's silly. Anything that attacks you first without provocation should be fair game to even a Lawful Good character. No, wait, *especially* a lawful good character.

"Hark, evil dragon, I have come to--" "Slay me?" "No, I thought we could talk and work out our differences." "No." "I'll give you half my stuff?" "Hmm... OK." "Really?" "No."

Tommy2U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 22, 2008, 04:25:00 pm »

Well, you are allowed to kill critters that are hostile to you. Attacking fleeing creatures is slightly evil, so offer terms to them once they start fleeing. If they refuse, they're fair game.
Anyway, disable complicity transgressions in game options (since the behaviour of your allies is currently bugged to hell) and have your allies/mounts/summons kill the others, they are pretty bloodthirsty as it stands.
Rogues are allowed to steal from evil creatures and stay good, the problem is that an odd orc or goblin can be non-evil, which is hard to ascertain as the game lacks the dialogue option 'S'cuse me sir, are you per chance evil?'
There's something about donating money to the poor being a good act in the help files, does anyone know how to accomplish it?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 22, 2008, 04:45:00 pm »

Not currently implemented.  There are no poor people.

Oh, and sometimes you aren't allowed to kill hostile creature that is attacking you.  And although I'm not sure if you are or are not allowed to attack something that has refused your terms, you are not allowed to attack something that has rejected your offer of peace.  You just have to run away.

And there's a difference between lawful acts and good acts.  Attacking a fleeing/prone/sleeping/otherwise-incapacitated creature is an unlawful act, not necessarily an evil one.  "Law" is currently defined as a sort of code of chivalry.  Essentially, you don't use "unfair" tactics against the unfair tactics that everything else uses against you.

Chaotic evil all the way, baby.

Tommy2U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2008, 04:58:00 pm »

Your god may not fancy you killing their favourite fire creature/abomination even if it's hostile, but that's kind of reasonable, as far as gods go.
I _think_ you can kill hostile creatures and stay good, as long as you don't shoot fleeing monters in the back / dissolve them with acid / drain them with evil magic etc. I might be wrong and Incursion in its current form is not particularly bug-free in that respect, or any other.
I've never tried to stay lawful, it's a major PITA. It would be nice if you could get a hint whether your enemy is a worthy opponent deserving a chivalric fight or a base scum to be dealt with as it's convenient. It's kinda hard to remember the rules.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2008, 05:10:00 pm »

Apparently, you are supposed to extend the courtesy of a chivalric fight to anything and everything.  However, if you're curious, examine the creature and find out what level character it equates to.  Make sure to read all the special modifiers listed at the bottom as well, as they add up to the overall CR of the critter.  I'm pretty sure that's the only thing it's bothering to check when you're dealing with "worthy" opponents.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2008, 10:29:00 pm »

I didn't know about the 'not killing those who have refused a peaceful settlement' thing.  I do know that, lawfully, those that refuse terms of surrender are fair game (not sure if they have to stop fleeing first- possibly only if you're LG?)

In fact, I think killing anything (living) is slightly evil.  Also, killing construct/undead creatures doesn't usually upset gods, as they don't count.  Immotian is a notable exception- construct flame creatures, even hostile ones, are holy artifacts to him.  The bastard.

"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2008, 10:33:00 pm »

Right, like that's the only thing he's a bugger about.

"Thou hast been afflicted with disease by an evil monster!"

"Yes, oh lord of purity.  Would you be so kind as to cure me of this horrid malady?"

"Thou hast broken my sacred tenets!  I curse thee, heathen!"

Adding injury to injury.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2008, 10:44:00 pm »

I know, the bastard comment was more of a general thing  :)

I guess he takes the OCD approach to purity.  Screw purification of His followers... if you catch something, you're not washing obsessively enough!

"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 62