Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 62

Author Topic: Incursion  (Read 125566 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Incursion
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2008, 08:22:00 am »

Yeah, I know.  Some of those perks are absolutely amazing, like the disease immunity.  Pity you can't take the role of a mentalist and just learn new psychic techniques...  Be great for an alienist or Kysul-worshiper or something.

EDIT:  As and aside, I think it's time for a dwarven barbarian with twin battleaxes.  BERSERKERGANG!

[ May 09, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2008, 04:38:00 pm »

Anyone know how to cure poison quickly and efficiently?  I have no mana, no antitoxins, no gold to buy antitoxins, and I don't know how to use my healing skill, if that can fix it.  I can't rest because I'm poisoned, and I've been Slowing it, but as said before, I'm out of mana.
Shoes...

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2008, 04:48:00 pm »

If you have a god, pray. There may be no cure, sorry. I would say rest, but you can't while posioned.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2008, 04:57:00 pm »

Didn't think of prayer.  Too late though, I'm dead.  Turns out spider venom's essentially harmless.  Crawling claw attacked me, instead of fighting it I just kept attempting to move through it.  I decided to walk back and pow, it hit me like five times.  Didn't even get Manes to help me from the stupid Multitude.
Shoes...

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2008, 06:41:00 pm »

:D

One thing that gets me PO'd is when the game crashes and I've gotten into it.     :mad:

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2008, 06:25:00 am »

I walked into a room with a mage one time because there was a corpse with a few interesting items just inside the doorway.  I walk onto the square, autopickup turns on, and I notice the skeletal orc in the corner.

This guy apparently had a labyrinthe for a backpack, since he usually incurred 7-10 attacks if he so much as drank a potion of healing from inside the pack.  But putting items from the ground and into the pack with autopickup?  He was long dead before he even got a single action.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2008, 07:00:00 am »

Bah!

The third time today I've had a game crash due to a stack overflow error, all having to do with potions.

A shot in the dark here, but does anyone know a game like Incursion, but based off the D20 Modern rules? All this fantasy is nice and all, but there comes a time when I'd prefer to shoot something with my +3 Revolver of Space Ship Building   ;)

Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2008, 10:30:00 am »

A revolver that builds spaceships?
Imagine getting hit by that...

Wow, the Multitude knows how to intervene.  Goblins, orc, and Chitine in a meeting hall.  I walked in, and was immediately hit about ten times by arrows, shotputs, and spears.  I had one HP, so I prayed.  Full heal, enveloped in shifting colors, demonic reslience.  Orc starts screaming, Chitine experiences explosive decompression, it's complete chaos.

EDIT:  They also know how to punish.  I prayed again and was killed by thorns growing out of my body.

EDIT AGAIN:  How do you fire a wand?  I have one I just found, but I don't know how to shoot it.  I did, however, find out that there's no reason to shoot myself.  Thank you Incursion, for saving me from suicide!

[ May 10, 2008: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

[ May 10, 2008: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

Shoes...

Jusal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2008, 06:01:00 pm »

I can't figure out how to select a single item out of a larger quantity. I have five normal daggers and I want to poison one of them, but whenever I try to do so the game complains that I don't have enough poison for them all.

The '?' menu doesn't seem to answer the question either. Anyone know how to do this?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2008, 07:21:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever cast "Spiritwrack" in the middle of a graveyard.  He'd even made it to Exp. level two before his untimely death...</STRONG>

Why do the dungeonmakers bury these things!?

Shoes...

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2008, 08:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jusal:
<STRONG>I can't figure out how to select a single item out of a larger quantity. I have five normal daggers and I want to poison one of them, but whenever I try to do so the game complains that I don't have enough poison for them all.

The '?' menu doesn't seem to answer the question either. Anyone know how to do this?</STRONG>

Get 'em "in the air" and use alt-s or alt-d.

quote:
How do you fire a wand? I have one I just found, but I don't know how to shoot it. I did, however, find out that there's no reason to shoot myself. Thank you Incursion, for saving me from suicide!

The blast command, b or ctrl-b if like me you use the roguelike keyset for laptop play.

[ May 10, 2008: Message edited by: McDoomhammer ]

"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Jusal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 11, 2008, 04:47:00 am »

Thanks. I couldn't find it anywhere.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 11, 2008, 08:11:00 am »

Another question.

How do you sip a potion to see what it does?

I did this once or twice but I don't know what I pressed.

Shoes...

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2008, 08:17:00 am »

Didn't even know you could do that.  Does it involve "Appraise" somehow?
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2008, 08:59:00 am »

Dunno,
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 62