Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 301427 times)

That Guy Over There

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #975 on: November 06, 2011, 10:40:24 pm »

My leatherworker just made an epic pair of shorts:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 07, 2011, 01:11:27 am »

Which reminds me.. my best ever was a platinum mace, on my computer at home. When I saw that, first I orgasmed because omg blunt object made from platinum. (Ill give it to the sheriff!) Then I saw, legendary weaponsmith and then I decided this fort will go well.

Sheriff.... Platinum mace....

D:
Spoiler: coolface (click to show/hide)

GoldenZeppelin

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Nyeh, Squidward?
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 17, 2011, 06:26:41 pm »

Mine's not really that great, but I like it nonetheless.

Visecradle, a lignite bed
This is a lignite bed. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with rock crystal, decorated with oak and encircled with bands of lignite and iron. This object menaces with spikes of lignite, pin jade and iron.
On the item is an image of Vinena Tamecrows the elf in rock crystal. Vinena Tamecrows is traveling. The artwork relates to the journey of the elf Vinena Tamecrows to The Plains of Twisting in the midsummer of 14 during the Fifth Journey of the elf Vinena Tamecrows.
On the item is an image of Visecradle the lignite bed in badger leather.

The funny thing is, this was made right after an elven caravan left the fortress. I think the dwarf who made this wanted to wish them safe travels, or something.

EDIT: And as soon as I post this, some random dwarf makes a perfect brown zircon with bands of brown zircon that manages to be worth more than this (48000). What.
Also, self-referencing. Yeah.  :D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:34:06 pm by GoldenZeppelin »

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 17, 2011, 06:37:15 pm »

Tholestlilar Thisridlocast, Cyclonepattern the Unwelcome Butcher, a winding spire fiber long skirt. It menaces with spikes of winding spire fiber cloth.

SebbyTheFreak

• Bay Watcher
  • Gold for the Gold God
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 18, 2011, 07:53:49 pm »

My favorite artifacts are:

-An amethyst bed, menacing with spikes of two different gems and another set of gold spikes.
-A wargame figurine set made by a children (Dwarves and dwarves figurine, fighting monsters)
-A green miniskirt decorated with jewels with a sewn image of another artifact being a bone scepter. (Combine the two for some sailor moon dwarf power)

My all time favorite one was a saguaro rib ring, decorated with saguaro rib. It was worth about 400 or something.
(Close second was a single sock)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:56:32 pm by SebbyTheFreak »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 18, 2011, 08:31:50 pm »

My all time favorite one was a saguaro rib ring, decorated with saguaro rib. It was worth about 400 or something.

???

My favorite one ever was a gold mace. My best artifacts were an adamantine spear, battle axe, and short sword, each worth ~1.5 million dwarfbucks.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 18, 2011, 08:49:28 pm »

Mine's not really that great, but I like it nonetheless.

Visecradle, a lignite bed
This is a lignite bed. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with rock crystal, decorated with oak and encircled with bands of lignite and iron. This object menaces with spikes of lignite, pin jade and iron.
On the item is an image of Vinena Tamecrows the elf in rock crystal. Vinena Tamecrows is traveling. The artwork relates to the journey of the elf Vinena Tamecrows to The Plains of Twisting in the midsummer of 14 during the Fifth Journey of the elf Vinena Tamecrows.
On the item is an image of Visecradle the lignite bed in badger leather.
Set it on fire, and you have a sure way to dispose of nobles by appointing them to this bead^^
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 19, 2011, 02:05:15 pm »

A Lead mace with a picture of itself on it.
!!Quantum Science!! anyone?

Ifinrafum, The Hardy Coincidence. ( I think the coincidence is that the other artifact has a picture of itself as well )

This is a lead mace. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
This object menaces with spikes of microcline. On the item is an image
of The Hardy Coincidence the lead mace in lead.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #983 on: November 19, 2011, 02:59:19 pm »

My Pony Fort's Mason just got possessed (boo) and turned out a boring but very useful item (yay) that I hope never to use: a realgar coffin, with an image of a Troglodyte traveling and settling somewhere in yak leather, and two purring maggots, in yak leather.  My first Legendary Warpony to die will be buried in it, nobles be damned.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

PhantomXD

• Bay Watcher
  • Digging designation cancelled: warm stone located
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 20, 2011, 03:04:23 pm »

definitely not the most epic in terms of its material's but its name holds a powerful reminder of tantrum spirals this fort has endured.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ironhand's Graphics Set

Bottom line is, the wiki is your friend, and error is your teacher.

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: December 17, 2011, 09:13:02 am »

The artifact itself isnt all that great; what makes it so great is the dwarf pictured in it. The dwarf pictured in it went berserk in the early stages of the fort and had to be cut down. Oddly enough Melbil was never more than a passing acquaintance to the creator. Which makes it unusual as I've only ever seen dwarves depict others with something they hate when they have a grudge against said dwarf.

Other intersting things related to this crown:
Melbil was struck down by her husband.
She had an infant son who finally passed away some 9-10 months later.
Said son now haunts his father.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: December 17, 2011, 09:52:55 am »

I once had a lead and pig-bone war-hammer that represented the seat of power for the fort until the day that a number of creatures managed to get into the throne room. The mayor was forced to use it to great effect until he was struck down and it remains within a sealed off quadrant of the fort. I'm currently amassing the arms and infantry required to retake the war-hammer.
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: December 19, 2011, 07:16:28 pm »

Lordlegends:  A gold war hammer, decorated with yak bone.  This object menaces with spikes of gold and schorl.  On the item is an image of Lordlegends the gold war hammer in schorl.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: December 19, 2011, 07:59:12 pm »

Not *exactly* an artifact, but one of my soldiers named his 30+ kill steel battle axe. It was named "The Stockade of Tears"

'Twas my favorite named weapon to date. One of the side effects of blindly charging huge sieges of demons and snakemen with legendary axedwarves is a lot of named weapons.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #989 on: December 19, 2011, 11:22:05 pm »

The artifact itself isnt all that great; what makes it so great is the dwarf pictured in it. The dwarf pictured in it went berserk in the early stages of the fort and had to be cut down. Oddly enough Melbil was never more than a passing acquaintance to the creator. Which makes it unusual as I've only ever seen dwarves depict others with something they hate when they have a grudge against said dwarf.

I dunno about that.  One fort I had two dwarfettes were best friends.  One of them had a boyfriend, who was also the expedition leader.  The other dwarfette and the leader had a mutual grudge.  His *girlfriend*, her best friend, engraved scens of him surrounded by purring maggots....and him terrified.

I lol'ed.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 89