Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 301445 times)

Kattel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #900 on: July 17, 2011, 08:54:43 pm »

Chaste Gallows, A badger Leather loincloth...On the item is an image of a plump helmet in copper.

ummm...suggestive? poor urist couldn't have just used a sock like everyone else?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/coppere.png
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:07:05 pm by Kattel »
Invaders: Our arrows will blot out the sun!
Me: Then we will fight in the SLADE.
I fear that each time it tolled out the hour, some part of our souls would mournfully yearn: "A puppy should have died just now, but didn't."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 17, 2011, 08:57:21 pm »

Chaste Gallows, A badger Leather loincloth...On the item is an image of a plump helmet in copper.

ummm...suggestive? poor urist couldn't have just used a sock like everyone else?
He's well hung but refuses to use it?
Nom nom nom

Kattel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 17, 2011, 09:03:11 pm »

a loincloth with the word gallows in its name! I actually got a cold shiver that ran down my spine....
I fear that each time it tolled out the hour, some part of our souls would mournfully yearn: "A puppy should have died just now, but didn't."

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #903 on: July 17, 2011, 11:12:28 pm »

Made by a child.

Rimtarvosut, "Castlehale", a raw adamantine crown

This is a raw adamantine crown. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with raw adamantine and green diamond, decorated with goblin bone and cow bone and encircled with bands or raw adamantine and adamantine. This object menaces with spikes of light yellow diamond. On the item is an image of thin crosses in raw adamantine.
On the item is an image of Castlehale the raw adamantine crown in light yellow diamond.
On the item is an image of Dostngosp Vilefrenzies the goblin and Nomal Guardhammer the dwarf in cow leather. Dostngosp Vilefrenzies is making a plaintive gesture. Nomal Guardhammer is laughing. The artwork relates to the mortal wounding of the goblin Dostngosp Vilefrenzies by the Dwarf Nomal Guardhammer with a bronze spear in Bentrampart in the early winter of 258 during the Ninth Attempted Abduction at Bentrampart.

1,707,600☼.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 18, 2011, 03:36:51 am »

a loincloth with the word gallows in its name! I actually got a cold shiver that ran down my spine....

It also has a mushroom on it.

Kattel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 18, 2011, 06:26:39 pm »

yeah i knida thought he was trying to be modest and have an image instead of just not having the loincloth on at all...Urit McExhibitionist trying to be more PC and all that.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 18, 2011, 06:31:28 pm »

yeah i knida thought he was trying to be modest and have an image instead of just not having the loincloth on at all...Urit McExhibitionist trying to be more PC and all that.

I assumed it was not an image of a mushroom, but rather a small copper statue of a mushroom.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #907 on: July 18, 2011, 09:26:23 pm »

While they're not as good as my cat bone floodgate (see my sig), I've got 2 good artifacts from a 2D retro-fortress:

Ustosthimshur Othôsorrun Anist, Angrypartners the Wilted Roars of Ignition, a horse bone statue
Basic Value: 11400☼
This is a horse bone statue. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with horse bone, Highwood and horse leather. This object menaces with spikes of horse bone.
On the item is an image of Rimtar Manorpaddled the dwarf in cave lobster shell. Rimtar Manorpaddled is melting. The artwork relates to the burning of Rimtar Manorpaddled in magma in Lenstyphoon in the midspring of 1062.
On the item is an image of humans and dwarves in Granite. The humans are speaking with the dwarves. The artwork relates to the visit of merchants from The Intricate Confederations to The Heroic Pages of Extrication at Lenstyphoon in the mudsummer of 1064.

Aranoshoshkurol, The Sculpted Hermitic Embrace, a goblin bone shield
Basic Value: 100200☼
This is a goblin bone shield. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with gold, decorated with goblin bone and encircled with bands of green glass, Sapphire, and Rose quartz. This object menaces with spikes of bronze.
On the item is an image of humans and dwarves in horse bone. The humans are speaking with the dwarves. The artwork relates to the visit of merchants from The Intricate Confederations to The Heroic Pages of Extrication at Lenstyphoon in the mudsummer of 1058.

Unfortunately, I can't place the statue in my dining hall or give the shield to one of my soldiers, since dwarves carry around their artifacts pretty much forever - the shield was made by a craftsdwarf who is also one of my main farmers (and thus doesn't belong in the military), and the statue was made by a child.

In case you're wondering why the statue is decorated with Highwood, it's because I modded the raws to include the tree types from 40d. Detailed history information was made visible via some precise hex-editing of dwarfort.exe (since the 2D version predates the SHOW_ALL_HISTORY_IN_DWARF_MODE init option by quite a while).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:26:31 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

kirrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 20, 2011, 10:49:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So ya wanna be mayor?  Here ya go... Just act mean and grunt a lot.  No one will laugh.

Yep... my mayor's uniform.  AWESOME! =P

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 23, 2011, 12:00:23 am »

Spinesscaled, a spiked steel ball with an image of the queen on it.  Worth a little under 500,000 dwarfbucks.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 23, 2011, 01:06:57 am »

Most valuable one in current fort is 100,000 dwarfdollar steel mace. It's also boring as hell - it's just a steel mace with steel decorations.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 23, 2011, 01:28:19 am »

My most recent fortress has yielded a lot of very nice artifacts, which are twice as valuable to me given that none of them were possessions.

Fey weaponsmith creates a menacing electrum spike which (wait for it) menaces with spikes of electrum.

Fey armorer creates a steel mail shirt that is decorated with aluminum and has a picture of the deity of fortresses on it in emerald. Militia commander wore it proudly until a deadly-dust FB introduced him to simultaneous crushing and full-body necrosis. Still unsure how to wash it.

Fey weaponsmith (another one!) creates a steel spear that has an image of a random weaver from the fortress on it admiring a bunch of beds.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 23, 2011, 02:13:41 pm »

So my most recent fort is named "Steelboar".  One of my metalsmiths just got possessed and made an artifact chainmail shirt.  Its only decoration is spikes.  Its name? Kovestarros, "Pearltossed".  I think the thing that possessed him thought we were taking too much care of our pigs.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 24, 2011, 12:50:46 am »

So I embarked on a site which assured me it had a profusion of metals.  Yeah, galena.

So I have a lot of lead hanging around in bins when the RNG decides to improve the odds by giving me a fey weaponsmith.

He takes a single bar of lead and creates Togalallas, a lead warhammer.  Sounds nice, although plenty of people will tell you why lead is a bad material for a warhammer.  But it should at least be heavy!

Still, I decide that the honour of carrying this thing goes to the Captain of the Guard.  It turns out that being an artifact makes it pretty awesome in combat.  The CotG has now racked up five personal kills with it, and it's starting to build itself a nice little legend.

So, not the fanciest, or most adorned, but definitely my best because of the new tracking for weapons giving it such a great history.

Just thought I'd mention. As blunt goes; lead is one of the coolest possible materials you could possibly have. The only thing that'd be better would be platinum. ( Or slade with exploits I guess. )

Sheer weight effects damage on blunt by quite a margin. Just be careful, some dwarves will slow down considerably trying to use such a weapon. Also, blunt is more of an incapacitator than a killer.

stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 27, 2011, 09:43:45 am »

I had a Lead Battle Axe once. It was amazing against unaroured creatures. Shredded them. I had a guy kill a Trog by smacking it with the side of the blade and cracking his spine.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 89