Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 89

Author Topic: Your best artifact ever  (Read 294456 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your best artifact ever
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2009, 01:17:05 pm »

I prefer the method of just letting dwarves build shit.

Sure, four adamantine furniture pieces are worth more than a gold one, a silver one, a pig iron one, and a brass one, but I like flavor, dammit.

To me, artifacts are kind of pointless if they aren't actually original and weird as hell. I like my rose quartz cabinets.

I tend to forbid the really bad stuff when I get a mood, but not down to selecting individual components or anything like that. So you can use your choice of diamonds, rubies, sapphires, opals, etc. for your artifact, but not the piles of yellow jasper that I only mined out for my gem cutters/setters to practice with. Similarly, you can use wolf/cougar/elephant/etc. leather that I have lying around, but not the cat leather that gets used for making bags and cheap clothing while I prevent catsplosion. I really hate ending up with an artifact that just looks like a bunch of common materials thrown together: artifacts should be special and awesome, a giant cave spider chitin cap studded with black diamonds and spikes of giant eagle leather, not a cat leather cap studded with chrysoprase and spikes of dog leather.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2009, 03:51:25 pm »

I have an iron grate named Stranglesqueezes.

That must be made into a porticullis.

of doom.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2009, 06:28:20 am »

While not very expensive, and probably not as effective as it could have been with other, proper weapon materials, I still liked to see this being made.

Duthalison Sholid Ostar
Worthplanned the Clutch of Burying
A Silver warhammer.

This is a Silver war hammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with Lead. This object menaces with spikes of cave lobster shell.

Now my fort is safe from both werewolves and everything living. Or at least it would be if silver would be poisonous for werewolves in DF and lead poisonous to everything else.

JacobGreyson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2009, 05:33:35 pm »

Just think of how much damage this son of a bitch can do. Steel Artifact, dangling with bits of everything nearby.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2009, 06:26:11 pm »

Is that... is that a picture of a GOD on the artifact sword?
Holy crap! Dwarf Paladin!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Lowtierhero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2009, 07:33:45 pm »

In my only fortress I've had with artifacts, I've made...

Asen Gerig - The Gravel of Banks, a cedar floodgate, Decorated with with larch and raccoon leather. It's adorned with hanging rings of Cedar. On the item is an image of mules. Weight 152, Basic Value: 6000

Tinan Egul (my only good one :P) - The Sneer of Controls, an Iron Battle Axe, Studded with Iron, mancing with spikes of iron. On the item is an image of dwarves in Sard. The dwarves are travelling. The image relates to the foundation of Stockaderope by The Fortification of Tails of the Defensive Lantern in 1. Weight 628, Basic Value 38400

Vim Nikuz - The Tear of Pride, a Pine toy hammer, It is decorated with Larch and turtle shell and encircled with bands of Copper. This object menaces with spikes of pine, willow, and turtle shell. Weight 2 (lol), Basic Value 9600

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2009, 07:38:08 pm »

Is that... is that a picture of a GOD on the artifact sword?
Holy crap! Dwarf Paladin!

What god? The only creature named on it is a dwarf.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2009, 07:42:21 pm »

Bim Ownerhandle the Crystalline mazes... the dwarf. missed that. Nevermind.
[/quote]

xRedster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2009, 12:35:17 pm »

Either this one:

Or this one:

Someone should really draw one of these...

The warhammer was made by a child I might add.
Since I can't fight goblins, elves or humans, I'll just collapse mountains.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2009, 01:04:29 pm »

That child must be made into a Hammerdwarf.  Destiny demands it!
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

xRedster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2009, 01:49:22 pm »

That child must be made into a Hammerdwarf.  Destiny demands it!

Strange thing is, that child's father is a Speardorf  :D
And his mother is a milker...

I guess he was inspired by the Hammerlord attending his parties.
Since I can't fight goblins, elves or humans, I'll just collapse mountains.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2009, 02:11:34 pm »

Ungeg Inketh 'The Failure of Justices" a Willow Statue

This is a Willow Statue All craftswarfship is of the highest quality
It is decorated with a turtle shell and encircled with bands of Willow and turtle bone
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a elf in Kaolinite The dwarf is embracing the elf.

*Edit*
I'm just really amused by this.

The name perfectly depicts the image.

Lumpy McUglyface

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2009, 07:19:33 pm »

Gishdistnamash Kidet Thetust, "Frozenbrew the Talon of Purges", a Native aluminum mechanisms:
This is a Native aluminum mechanisms. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with steel and encircled with bands of elf bone and Star ruby. This object menaces with spikes of Aluminum, Gold and green glass. In the item is an image of two rhesus macaques is titan bone. In the item is an image of diamonds in Native aluminum.
In the item is an image of Voidwhispered the Roasted Webs the Native aluminum amulet in Obsidian.
In the item is an image of Frozenbrew the Talon of Purges the Native aluminum mechanisms in alder.

Value: $393,600

Gotta love the recursion. The amulet that is depicted is:

Toririklist Ibeshorshar, "Voidwhispered the Roasted Webs", a Native aluminum amulet:
This is a Native aluminum amulet. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with Obsidian, decorated with Rope reed, turtle shell and green glass and encircled with bands of giant cave spider chitin.
This object menaces with spikes of obsidian and turtle shell.
On the item is an image of Zom Veilnightmare the goblin and Ushat Tombsentrances the dog in Native aluminum. Ushat Tombsentrances is striking down Zom Veilnightmare. The artwork relates ot the killing of the goblin Zom Veilnightmare by the dog Ushat Tombsentrances in Freshboots in the early autumn of 264 during the Third Attempted Abduction at Freshboots.

Value: $122,400

If you haven't noticed, I have a lot of aluminum laying around.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2009, 07:39:45 pm »

I made a mod that allows you to artificially make aluminum, like they do in movies! real life.

My hope is to make a mountain out of aluminum. I shall name it, "The Secretive Gaze of Waffles"... yes...
*Woose1, Poster, has aquired the aspect of one Fey!*

Also:
Ungeg Inketh 'The Failure Sucsess of Justices" a Willow Statue

This is a Willow Statue All craftswarfship is of the highest quality
It is decorated with a turtle shell and encircled with bands of Willow and turtle bone
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a elf in Kaolinite The dwarf is embracing stabbing the elf.

*Edit*
I'm just really amused by this.
The name perfectly depicts the image.
Fix'd

Lumpy McUglyface

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2009, 07:53:31 pm »

I made a mod that allows you to artificially make aluminum, like they do in movies! real life.

Well, isn't bauxite pretty much it when it comes to mining aluminum? And don't you need electrolysis or something crazy to extract the stuff? (I guess its time for wikipedia....).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 89