Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game looks scrunched?  (Read 552 times)

BlueEden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Game looks scrunched?
« on: October 30, 2008, 12:14:28 am »

Hey I've been trying to set up this game for my friend on his laptop.  He's got a mac and I've added "Mike Mayday's combined pack" as well as "Sphr's Director's Cut 5.1".  When I did that the game started to give me a error about not being able to use OpenGL or something so I looked up the error on these forums and found out I can fix it by playing with the resolution numbers in the graphics part of the init.  So everything is working now except whenever I open the game it's hard to see.  Everything is really small and hard to see in fortress mode even though it takes up the whole screen.  When I'm at the main menu it only reaches down half of the screen and looks really scrunched.  I tried playing with the graphics resolution numbers more but all that does is creates the OpenGL error again, anyone know how to get it look normal again?

BlueEden

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Game looks scrunched?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 12:50:18 am »

I changed the init file that came with the sphr pack into the main one and the game seems to look a lot more normal so I guess everything is fine now.  It still looks kind of small but maybe that's just my imagination.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Game looks scrunched?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 03:11:20 am »

I just switched my grid size over to 80, 50 for a 1280 X 800,(making it square) and have the same menu problem. I appreciate being able to see more of the map, but every menu only comes halfway down the screen. Any fix for this? I'm using the mayday graphics.