Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Attacking friendly (not so much) hobgoblins  (Read 678 times)

popers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Attacking friendly (not so much) hobgoblins
« on: October 22, 2008, 06:18:02 pm »

See, I've got a little problem with hobgoblins. I'm playing Legendary Lands mod, which enables hobgoblins to be a friendly race. So they came with a caravan-  two bastards on two freaking ponies, to be precise. I was curious what could they be carrying so, after I'd finished laughing, I let them into my fortress. And that's where the fuss started. Now they're running around, destroying doors, beds, equipment and, what is most annoying, whole rooms. My soldiers are standing 5 metres away, doing absolutely nothing to stop them. Can anyone give me a piece of advice on how to stop those hobgoblins from turning my home into a pile of rubbish ? Is it possible to attack them? Or is there some other way?
Please, help.
It's not like I haven't tried, but building a mech out of bridges may be a tad above my engineering skill.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
Re: Attacking friendly (not so much) hobgoblins
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 06:19:12 pm »

If you can try Isolating them and drowning them, otherwise spike traps kill friendlys
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Random832

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 06:22:15 pm »

Out of curiosity, what did the caravan bring? You should have been able to check their inventory on their way in

popers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 06:25:22 pm »

Out of curiosity, what did the caravan bring? You should have been able to check their inventory on their way in

mostly leather and silk, but some food (cheese) as well. And imagine I got myself into this for a pile of smelly leather jackets  :-[
It's not like I haven't tried, but building a mech out of bridges may be a tad above my engineering skill.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 07:35:28 pm »

Sounds like the mod creator gave them the BUILDING_DESTROYER tag.  Interesting behavior, probably a bug.  You could post about it in this thread, it sounds like a similar problem http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=25835.0