Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some world gen questions  (Read 413 times)

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Some world gen questions
« on: October 22, 2008, 12:45:43 pm »

Okay I've been messing around with the world generator for a while now. Ive been trying to make worlds with Ideal fortress and its been working okay so far.

So far all of the worlds had at at least one site with Flux, a Magma pipe, No Drainage, and some sort of river.

The best of them have all the above and an underground river, sand, and trees.

How can I take it up a notch? Specifically how do I make the forests denser? So far I have lots of forests but they are all sparse.
Is there a variable I can change to increase amounts of gem deposits and metal veins?
Spergs 4 life.

Magua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some world gen questions
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 01:46:09 pm »

Forests require rain in the 30-100 range, and draining in the 30-70 range (or thereabouts).  Increase the frequency of those rain and drainage amounts.  This'll reduce your amount of sand, though...

As for gem and mine frequency -- don't think so.  Volcanism has an effect on what layers of soil you'll have, and that layer of soil may have a different gem or vein frequency, but you can't just say "Give me more veins and more gems."
Also, you can manufacture vomit at a smelter.  Subsequently removing the smelter spews vomit over a surprising area.

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Some world gen questions
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 02:49:56 pm »

Yeah, after I posted I modified the rain Minimum to 25 and found a perfect location that has everything. Its totally flat but aside from that...

Didn't know forests required drainage though, thanks for that.
Spergs 4 life.