Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Problems Modding New Race  (Read 818 times)

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Problems Modding New Race
« on: October 22, 2008, 08:48:38 am »

Well, I've been mucking about with DF for a little while now, and recently decided to try my hand at adding a new playable race. I've attempted to create a six-armed naga, but if I try them out in fortress mode, it claims that they all have major injuries. I've been messing with stuff for a bit, trying to find out what the problem was, and trying out different things to see if they fix it. I'm sort of stumped right now, and I'm wondering if anyone's willing to give me some pointers on what I may have done wrong.

What I have so far:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note: I added legs and set them to internal in an attempt to see if the lack of legs was the problem. Looks like it wasn't.
and D) involve Clippy, the helpful paperclip, to tell you what to do.
It looks like you are trying to commit elven genocide! What would you like to do?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Problems Modding New Race
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:28:05 am »

I should check it, but the first question: what's with all those INTERNAL  :o legs?!

Also your hands/arms are messed up. Look, i.e. middle right hand connects to RLA, but you have no RLA bodypart!!! The same issue with others.

Also I suggest you to check your other strings.   [CAN_LEARN has no closing bracket and is unneeded, since INTELLIGENT includes CAN_LEARN, CAN_CIV and CAN_SPEAK. Etc.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 09:34:41 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Problems Modding New Race
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 02:45:41 pm »

Heh, yeah. I tried the internal legs as I was wondering whether the game was annoyed by my nagas' lack of legs. Thanks for pointing out the arms, though. I guess that's probably the reason why my nagas are considered severely injured: they have lower arms and hands that attatch to nonexistent body parts.  :D

Oh, and thanks for the tip about INTELLIGENT. I hadn't realized that.
and D) involve Clippy, the helpful paperclip, to tell you what to do.
It looks like you are trying to commit elven genocide! What would you like to do?