Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Craft Thread!  (Read 3015 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Craft Thread!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 05:20:33 pm »

If I could suggest something.

You should add all three variations of a dwarf, pyramid style could be a good one, as you can put a bigger emphasis on Today one's original dwarf at the top, than save the other two for the bearded ascii, and than a graphical dwarf, one of your choosing of course.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 04:21:09 pm by Creamcorn »
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 05:24:31 pm »

I love the shirt. You deserve a place in some sort of hall of fame of amazing DF-related people.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 11:35:55 pm »

I agree. If I could buy this I certainly would :P
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2008, 03:08:22 pm »

I agree. If I could buy this I certainly would :P
Likewise.
It's very impressive that you actually got me willing to spend money at a glance of the unfinished product.
That's probably the most cumbersome compliment received ever.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2008, 03:13:22 pm »

I would so buy one of those hoodies if it was possible to make up.  That's just unbelievably cool. 

Actually, hell, I'd buy one of those t-shirts too.  It's one of the best realized DF ideas I've seen. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 03:15:20 pm by Heavy Flak »

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 05:30:32 pm »

That is a giant dwarf.

;D
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 06:26:06 pm »

Yeah, those are actually cool even if you don't know dwarf fortress.  Damn.  I never think "insider joke internet meme" things are cool, but these are cool.  Weird. 

That hoodie is amazing.

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 10:13:43 pm »

that shirt is awesome! I love the hoody even more. I love that you included unmined underground terrain.

I had an idea for t-shirts too (a little different but similar too). Yours is really cool. Great graphic sense. One of the things that I really like about DF is the graphics. People often think that I'm just being intentionally obscure or weird when I tell them this but it's true. It's the economy of symbols, that everything you see is really meaningful that I enjoy.  :D

again, great job!
Yes, that's actually what got me started playing, the grass was beautiful.
The great game of Warlocks!

orion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 02:34:44 pm »

it seemed the forum was being maintained everytime i tried to log on. I'm really excited to see all the interest in df tshirts/arts/things!

I'm in my screenprinting class now and the teacher is bugging me for my design for a 2 color tshirt. I like the comment about the ascii style being "pretty". I'm in agreement with that statement.

i didn't know if i wanted to make another dwarf fortress T-shirt for my class, but given all the interest in the project, i'll keep 'em coming!

here's some ideas and inspiration for the next 2-color job.

Creamcorn: if you could elaborate, or illustrate this pyramid idea off yours, that would be great! sounds cool.

"You should add all three variations of a dwarf, pyramid style could be a good one, as you can put a bigger emphasis on Today one's original dwarf at the top, than save the other two for the bearded ascii, and than a graphical dwarf, one of your choosing of course."

Pages: 1 [2]