Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Let's Play Deus Ex... together?  (Read 13557 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Let's Play Deus Ex... together?
« on: October 20, 2008, 11:26:19 pm »

J.C. Denton, nano-augmented government agent in the UNATCO task force, is being deployed to his first mission. The terrorist organization known as the NSF has attacked Liberty Island. J.C. must meet up with his brother and capture the terrorist leader.

Have we mentioned that a side-effect of J.C.'s augmentation is that he is schizophrenic?

(Explanation: To make this Let's Play of Deus Ex with the ShifterPlus mod more interesting, anyone in this guild can post as an item in my inventory, which will be listed at the end of each post. J.C. believes these items to actually be speaking to him and values their advice.)

Note: The "forty" is alcohol. Also, I advise anyone who wishes to take long-term items... you become your entire stack of that item, as well as any future copies of that item I pick up. And don't be a consumable other than a medkit or biocell, because soy food, soda, liquor, and candy will rapidly be removed from my inventory, never to be seen again. You cannot take multiple items unless there are a lot of free items and no people grabbing them.
---

I got off the boat and was surprised to find a forty and a can of soda.

I grabbed them for later and put them next to my handgun and my riot prod in my coat.

Alex Jacobson, my contact at UNATCO HQ, filled me in as I found a crowbar and some boxes with strange markings.

I broke the crates open with the crowbar and grabbed the binoculars and lockpick I found. I'm not sure why such small items were in such enormous crates, but lockpicks are useful. I'm not so sure about the binoculars... They seem a bit... useless. I can see pretty well. After all, my vision is augmented.

Over the rail, I saw some metal glinting in the dim light under the dock. Paul was approaching; I asked him to wait and went down the staircase to the water...

As I'd thought! Underwater boxes! I smashed them open with Mr. Crow, grabbing a bio-electric energy cell and a hacking multitool. I'm not sure why either of those were underwater, or how they were waterproofed, but they were both in perfect condition.

Paul was waiting for me.

I supposed that would be an ideal time to talk to him.

Inventory:
Crowbar
Riot Prod
Pistol
Lockpick
Multitool
Binoculars
Bio-electric Cell
Medkit
Forty
Soda

(Note, I've seen two LPs of Deus Ex after a few playthroughs, and I know the game pretty well, but... when I'm letting a Council of the Inventory guide my actions, it may get difficult for me to make a frontal assault with a crossbow and seven throwing knives. But worry not! As this is not a Roguelike, I am not above savescumming and trying to same strategy until I make it work!

EDIT: Also, this would be a good time for people to start speaking as items, because in the next conversation I'll be choosing between a Sniper Rifle, a GEP Gun (Rocket Launcher), and a Crossbow. Never mind that I can almost immediately pick up a crossbow and a sniper if I choose to kill/KO people.)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 11:28:02 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Deus Ex... together?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 11:37:24 pm »

I don't quite understand how this inventory talking thing works, Do i just say that i am a "insert item here" and start giving you input on what to do? If that is the case that I will join as the charger prod. My advise being not to kill anyone, stun them with me or tranq darts from the crossbow.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 12:13:45 am »

That would be exactly how it works, but if you were to post "In-character" that would be perfectly okay. I'll also have dialogues with the Inventory during my posts, based on how you've spoken before.

The Charger Prod is a be A_Fey_Dwarf. Would you like to name yourself differently?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 12:21:39 am »

I'd like to join as the sniper rifle and advise you to drown the unbelievers in a sea of blood.  :)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 12:24:40 am »

I'm the Soda.

"DRINK ME! DRINK ME! DRIIIINK ME!"
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 12:44:54 am »

Little, you are awesome.  :D

I'll be working on the next segment by this time tomorrow. Until then, feel free to sign up for items (and if you do, put in your Crossbow/Sniper/GEP Gun votes).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 05:00:34 am »

Ok This is a brilliant idea  ;D

And I shall be the crowbar an ordinary tool with dreams and ambitions...of world domintation he will constanly "try" to get you do wicked deeds and take control of course i use try because it is a crowbar so obviously it's up to you whether to listen :D

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 05:15:32 am »

oh and sniper

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 06:21:20 am »

I lay claim to the psychotic binocs. These binoculars are the little "devil" on JC's shoulder, constantly whispering to take the easy route of just killing everyone. I vote for the sniper rifle as being binocs i feel a kinship towards this particular item.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 06:25:24 am »

I'm the GEP gun. Use me when ever you get attacked, by anything. Including people. And cats. I'm the much worse Devil on your augmented shoulder.

"Use me in inappropriate times! All the time!"

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 03:32:00 pm »

That British guy's LP from the Penny Arcade forums was good.  But hey, what's another Deus Ex between friends?  Maybe if we just keep playing it long enough, it'll evolve into a new game.

I'll claim the Fire Extinguisher as my avatar.  "Gotta love that RPG OCD amirite?  Crazy prepared, that's the name of the game.  Seriously, what am I doing here?  You'll need me like once, guaranteed, and you'll probably forget you have me.  My life sucks, I'm just wasting space, somebody love me."
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 04:07:17 pm »

Once again, I vote sniper. I get two votes.

Also, I enthusiastically suggest that more than one person lay claim to the sniper rifle (or GEP gun, or crossbow, or etc), so as to maximize insanity. I mean, really, who doesn't like inanimate objects with split personalities?

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 04:24:46 pm »

Once again, I vote sniper. I get two votes.

Also, I enthusiastically suggest that more than one person lay claim to the sniper rifle (or GEP gun, or crossbow, or etc), so as to maximize insanity. I mean, really, who doesn't like inanimate objects with split personalities?

Works for me. I'll be the second personality of the Sniper Rifle, that also wants you to drown the unbelievers in a sea of blood, but in a slightly different method than any plan Inaluct suggests. I will also endlessly badger you with such questions as "Did you do it yet?" "Are you doing it now?" "Why aren't you doing it?" "Are you listening?" "Do it." "Do it!" "DO IT!" "WHY AREN'T YOU DOING IT YET!?" "WHY!?"
Oh and whenever we run into someone, I badger you about killing them, ad nauseum.

I guess I'm the third sniper vote.  ;D

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 04:33:58 pm »

I lay a third claim to the Sniper Rifle.

"No, no, don't you see? If you go and kill everyone, you'll only let the terrorists win! You don't want to be a terrorist, nobody does. Killing is immoral, you cannot deny people natural rights. Nobody deserves to die!

Instead, maim everybody you encounter. Not kill them. By maiming them, you showcase American might and power, manitan a level of self-defense, while at the same time, respecting the individual's right to life."
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 09:34:36 pm »

Oh, damn. School complications.

I'll start tomorrow's update as soon as I get home, then, I guess. While wearing sunglasses on a night mission. 8)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: [1] 2