Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: Illarion  (Read 45235 times)

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Illarion
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2008, 03:43:00 pm »

that sounds Awesome.
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2008, 04:01:00 pm »

You think thats awesome? Me and Gorthrim just found emeralds! Loads of emeralds, tonnes of emeralds, these things are really common in the copper boulders in the eastern mine.

Edit: Curse this infernal crashing, booting and phasing out of Illarion!

[ March 18, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2008, 04:28:00 pm »

oh yeah, that reminds me, i've got a few gems for cutting.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2008, 10:53:00 am »

Could everyone playing so far state their skills and what jobs they may be doing? It of course goes against the RP spirit, but we're cheating already so I dont see the harm, as long as we dont distract from anyone elses roleplay.

I'm a proficient miner, a competent wrestler and a dabbling cook, and those are the skills I'm going to focus on. I'm also a novice gem cutter, but everything I touch shatters?! Therefore, anyone else who is focusing in gem cutting, I'll hand over my 8 emeralds and numerous bluestones and amethysts.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2008, 11:14:00 am »

Skilled miner, competent smith, novice lumberjack, dabbling carpenter, dabbling farmer, dabbling cook, dabbling fisherman, dabbling flute player.

I ended up with a higher mining skill than smithing skill, since there's far more mining involved in my line of work than there is smelting or smithing.  I'm going to focus on smithing first, mining second (when I don't have anything more metal to make stuff with), and fishing last.  I'll still dabble around with other things when I've got nothing better to do.

Oh, and I've got eleven amethysts and two rubies on hand.

EDIT:  Sorry about blanking out just then, Hurgan.  I crashed, and when I got to the desktop I saw that the time was, is, 12:30 AM.  I hope that blighter didn't/doesn't try and fight you again.

Was fun seeing him getting mobbed by the other guys when he attacked, though.  That trader can't be trusted, by the way.  I guess he was right about "I guess you won't like me then".

I hope this Robberhauf character is of slightly better upholding...

[ March 19, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2008, 02:19:00 pm »

I dunno, I saw that guy a couple of times in the tavern, he seemed like a hooligan- oh right. Ok nevermind, he is a sort of trouble maker, trading with orcs and what not. Orcs are really mad in this game though, that orc, he didnt attack me, but he lit a fire in the street and started chanting orcish 'stomp the dwarves' songs. On the bright side, I struck a deal for 1 silver per 40 units of coal. So it looks like a goldmine at this point, or a silver mine I should say.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2008, 02:23:00 pm »

Go and rent a cow, see if you can figure out how to work with the damn things.  If you can manage it, then it's just a quick(ish) trip up from the mines, and suddenly you've got yourself your very own coal shop.  Makes for a hell of a lot shorter trip.

And they are actually cows.  They do indeed have udders.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2008, 02:26:00 pm »

I noticed, but why are people using cows as pack animals, I have no idea. Bulls, sure, oxen, definetly, donkeys, why not. But cows? /shrug

Anyway yes, that would be a good idea, a good idea that would make me filthy rich, or gleaming rich I should say.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2008, 02:32:00 pm »

They use cows, because cows are the largest domestic animal in the game, and the only ones that can be rented.  

Oh come on.  It's not like it's the first oddball thing the designers have programmed.  Eek, 1:00 AM.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2008, 02:34:00 pm »

Heh, true, oh by the way I forgot to give you my spare bag. Hopefully you will make do without it for a short while.  :confused:

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2008, 02:46:00 pm »

I don't think it counts as forgetting, since I vaporized before you could even reach your depot.

Shame about that flute though.  Nice carpenter-dwarf gave it to me, and it was the only musical instrument I had.  At least now I've got another hatchet, and this one's better than the old one!

Fifty-one bars of iron...  I'm gonna have me some fun.  I'll probably be making vast amounts of all-metal tools, such as needles, scissors and pins.  I may throw in a shield or two, but the good designs often come out at too low a quality for any decent price.  Tools, on the other hand, can be perfectly horrible, as they'll still do the job they're supposed to do.

I might do a little more fishing though, in the hopes of turning up a bucket or some boots or somesuch.  Good stuff to have.  The fish can bloody well wait their turn.

Next time I come on, I'll have enough coin to fund my own cow.  With the two of us making trips for coal (I showed you the Silverbrand mines, didn't I?), and the extended carrying capacity of two cows, we'll have more coal and money than we'll know what to do with.  That's always fun.  

Smelting trains the smithing skill, too.  With enough spare coal and ore, I can level myself up and get some iron to practice with as well.  And if you find a carpenter, make sure to inquire about a "finesmithing hammer handle".  That's what I'll need for working gold and copper.

Heh, this is starting to get pleasantly lucrative.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2008, 03:11:00 pm »

I found a carpenter who asked me where he could sell his wares. I told him Kagus is in need of handles, handles and more handles! So dont worry about handles for now, eventually someone will offer you handles!

Oh by the way I have enough money for three cows, 6 silver and 68 copper. Dont think I'll be buying yours though! By the way, we should probably only use the cows for coal transprotation when we're together, that way one of us can stand watch while the other mines coal, since cows cannot go down ladders.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2008, 10:14:00 am »

speaking of carpentry, i've just spent all of my 80 copper on setting myself up as one, because finding a buyer for my coal is a bit annoying.

if someone can get me the final tool i need to make stuff, they can have a crapload of free wooden stuff.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2008, 11:05:00 am »

What do you need?  I've got a hatchet and some carving tools, but no planes.  And really, just stockpile the coal until someone comes along.  Every smith wants coal, and they want it bad enough to pay three coppers per chunk (66 coppers in the bank, my friend).

I recently crashed out, and I'll have to wait a while longer before I jump back in.  I don't currently have a power supply, and Illarion is a pretty major drain on battery juice.

Lythios seems to be making more appearances...  I found him asking someone "how to start" spellcasting.  He really is trying to plant himself in each and every profession...  Nobody's going to take him on as an apprentice though, of that much I'm relatively sure.

I'm just waiting on Dark so we can rent a cow and go load up with coal.  I wonder how much you can pack onto a cow...

Oh, keep an eye out for a paladin named 'Sanchvs', as he'll pay a good price for coal.  A lot of coal.  His destination number is five hundred chunks of coal.  So far, I haven't found a single smith with lower skill than me, and this guy is no exception...

I also ran into a rather odd fellow, who seems to spend his time berating people for following gods.  The first thing he said to me was "What gods do you worship, lap dog?".  I answered "I worship the god what's worth me worshipin'", or something like that.  He threw his head back and laughed, and then responded with "A god's worth is naught but a rusted copper!"  (again, something along those lines), whereupon he threw a single copper coin at my feet and said "consider it a donation".  

Rather strange fellow, isn't he?  He started to walk off, but I called after him.  "Eh...  That's not a copper, lad."  This interested him, and he came back to look at the coin.  Before he could say anything, I continued; "Copper dannae rust.", and walked back inside.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2008, 11:09:00 am »

the tools i need are a slicer and the carving tools, i heard you mention the god you worship, and i told him that he got a defective coin, and he picked it up and looked at it.

EDIT: i just cut down a tree, it fell on a rabbit and killed it! that's attention to detail.

[ March 20, 2008: Message edited by: Bullion ]

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21