Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: Illarion  (Read 45230 times)

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Illarion
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2008, 12:51:00 pm »

Woah, when you put it like that, what kind of maddwarf doesnt know what a plump helmet is! Anyway, you brought it up so, what shall our guild be? The Guild of Batwolf (Baytwelve) or what?

Also where are you Rakust? You've been gone from Trollsbane for years! Months! Days! A few minutes!

Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2008, 12:59:00 pm »

Currently, i'm at the Deopt, but i;m playing football manager 08
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2008, 01:01:00 pm »

Could be "Brotherhood of the Toad", or "the Five Picks", or it could even be that it's 11:25 PM and I really shouldn't be trying to come up with names this late.

Something mountain-y or cave-y would, of course, always be nice.  It will most likely end up being the name of the fort we build as well, so it's a good idea to think hard(-er than I did) about what the name shouls be.

But first things first.  We need to have our coffers filled with more than just a silver or two, and I should be able to make more than just these damn crooked scissors.  We need skills and we need cash, in other words.  

And we also need to stop phasing out at random moments...

Hey, you know, some guy tried to steal from me today!  I was showing my wares to someone, and this guy started walking over and tried to make a grab for the shields lying on the ground.  Luckily, I didn't like the looks of him, so I picked them up again before he could get'em.   Some other guy who was standing around made a comment about how "piteful" the shields were...  Bloody humans...

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2008, 01:03:00 pm »

we should name our guild something in DF language, something about toady, naturally,

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »

Well there is good news, I have a steady flow of income now. I'm up to three silver coins! Tomorrow I'll be up to four silver coins, after that five, six, seven, etc! Seems lazy blacksmiths with loads of money just love to make miners rich.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2008, 01:24:00 pm »

I might have to join you on one of these excursions...  Sounds like good pay, and I've only got 56 coppers on me as it is now.  I really need to find a buyer, or at least start making some  more in-demand goods.

I'll grab some stuff next time around and see if I can find any buyers in the main square.  Maybe some fresh adventurers will need a few crappy shields or helmets, or a craftsman wants to venture into a new field, but needs the right tools.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2008, 01:51:00 pm »

Another thing thats good in Illarion is the economy system. Despite us being wretchedly poor, the economy is far more stable than in Wurm. I dont know why, but whatever they did, it works.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2008, 02:00:00 pm »

ok lads, i'm back online.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2008, 02:15:00 pm »

Bullion, Nimra is still in the area, get some coal and iron down to him quick and make yourself a couple of coppers!

Edit: I am now officially a cook and brewer, Kagus if you get any pork, dont cook it! Leave it for me to turn into delicious Dwarven Sausages.

[ March 17, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2008, 12:30:00 am »

I have a dwarf gem cutter, Yamo, but aside from mineing copper and iron ore i can't figure out how to do anything.  How do i introduce myself so ican see others' names?...that would be a good start.  If you see a dazed and clueless warf wandering about that will be me.
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2008, 08:40:00 am »

Welcome to the gang yamo, to introduce yourself simply face the person you wish to introduce to and right click on yourself and select introduce. To do other things such as gather fruit simply face a tree/bush/etc and right click on it. The same thing opens and closes doors. To make stuff you have to have the right tool in your hand, then face the static tool required and use your tool, just like mining. To pour a drink from a bottle to a goblet or mug, simply 'use with' the bottle and then 'use' the goblet/mug. To fill a bucket with water simply 'use with' it and then 'use' a well or water tile. Everything else runs along the same lines. You can also attack by right clicking on something else and selecting attack and standing next to them. You can use shift as a hotkey for 'use' and ctrl as a hotkey for 'attack'.

Thats everything I know so far, the rest shouldnt be too hard to figure out. By the way, if you want to be the jewler then I'll hand over any gems I get my hands on, I dont seem to be having much luck with it and I'd rather be cooking and brewing at this point.

Edit: Just found this which confirms my suspicions on the Silverbrand mine: "It is forbidden for noncitizens to use the mines. Exceptions have to be applied for to the high council. The exceptions also have to be justified." All the rules of all the guilds and kingdoms and what not here: http://illarion.org/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16239

[ March 18, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2008, 08:59:00 am »

I've got eleven pieces of rabbit meat sitting around, do you want those too?  I'll make sure to send as many food-related items your way as I can.

EDIT:  BWAHAHAHAHAA!  Selling that sickle was abso-bloody-lutely brilliant...  Just brilliant...  We need more folks like him around.

EDIT2: Okay, I found Rakust, but we didn't do a whole lot except discuss Hurgan's cooking.  I just recently crashed out of the game (just after some poor dwarf introduced himself to me.  I hope he doesn't feel snubbed), and it's too late at night to head back in.  I didn't see any sign of that merchant you were talking about, Dark.  Was he supposed to come at some other time?

Also, is it really wise to be trading with someone who has a last name of "Robberhauf"?  Anyways, I recently sold one of my shields for 75 coppers.  Judging from how quickly the guy accepted, I should probably boost the prices on those, too.  It was a very nice shield...  At least I'm good at making them though, so I don't end up with a bunch of junk shields afterwards.

Speaking of junk shields, I just found one that someone had "left out to dry".  A very bad small wooden shields that was almost completely rotten.  I picked it up, of course.  If we can find some eager adventurer without a lot of coin or experience under his belt, we may be able to sell it for 8 coppers or so.

Or maybe ten.

[ March 18, 2008: Message edited by: Kagus ]

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2008, 01:42:00 pm »

You know what Robberhauf said to me when we had conducted our trade? "Robberhauf aint no robber!" Must be his slogan, still he is trustable, didnt steal my money after all, plus he gave me a free bag with his name on it, heh. But yeah, I just told him to check around the crafting building for a dwarf by the name of Kagus, so if someone goes around asking for Kagus, you know its him.

If Rakust is still wandering around, I'm comming online now.

Edit: Oh man, Robberhauf just came by now, but you werent here so I sent him on his way. Kagus if you want me to buy any handles off him then you can pay me back half of what I pay and I'll hand em over. I have a feeling your playing times and his playing times are a bit off. Also, his first name is Banduk.

[ March 18, 2008: Message edited by: Dark ]

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2008, 01:48:00 pm »

No, he left quite some time ago.  

Well, I hope I run into this "Robberhauf" character...  Better than finding Merigon Torrelic again, anyways...

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2008, 03:05:00 pm »

Something rather creepy just happened to me. I met Gorthrim (one of us I hope!) and we went inside the Greyrose fort, or whatever its called. All of a sudden I started getting spammed with OOC messages in german, and they were whispered to me from nowhere. Then whatever it was spoke through Gorthrim, and then through me. Whatever it was, the last thing it said was in english: "Cheater".

There was a stat called spirit I think, which determined whether you are a puppet to outside forces, I set mine only to 7 so I may have been attacked by an evil spirit, whispering evil things into my head and making me speak against my will. If so that was pretty awesome, even though it was in german.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21